Muay Thai in Westchester NY

mikishman

White Belt
Reaction score
I just recently moved to lower Westchester County NY for work, and I was curious if anyone on sherdog has had any experience with any Muay Thai/Kickboxing schools in the area.

I have about 4 years experience if that helps.

I just recently moved to lower Westchester County NY for work, and I was curious if anyone on sherdog has had any experience with any Muay Thai/Kickboxing schools in the area.

I have about 4 years experience if that helps.

if you are willing to go to the city there are many great places. in college i went to this place downtown w/ a guy named Steve Ventura that was awesome. Join Fit2FightClub Today!
It has San Da, kickboxing w/ throws and takedowns, and he trains you to fight! there were several accomplished muay thai guys around the gym

Tiger Schulmann's is actually a really good place. It has a reputation for being a McDojo, but it's actually quite good. It's also offers submission grappling. They are expensive though. Their fight team is coming up too. If you're willing to go into the city, Phil Nurse's gym, The Wat, is in Chinatown.

I was trying to avoid going into the city because I live near White Plains but if there aren't any options in westchester I might have to. If I do I'll check out those schools you guys mentioned.

Are you going for serious training or for a workout?

There are other martial arts options in Westchester -- try calling around, there are some understated gyms that forgo all the belts, ceremonies and other bullshit and focus on hardcore training.

For cardio, there are a couple capoeira schools in Westchester. But if you go, just make sure you go to classes for regionale (pronounced hay-juh-nall) capoeira, which is the combat version, and not angola capoeira, which is the slower, more visually-focused version.

And it's worth asking about muay thai programs at some of the more generalist gyms, because you never know -- you could find a really solid class that's part of a larger umbrella organization.

Good luck.

Tiger Schulmann's is actually a really good place. It has a reputation for being a McDojo, but it's actually quite good. It's also offers submission grappling. They are expensive though. Their fight team is coming up too. If you're willing to go into the city, Phil Nurse's gym, The Wat, is in Chinatown.

lol, TSK?? for real? lol

Back