Muay Thai in LA

DiscoTnT

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been looking around for a good gym to start muay thai training in the Pasadena, Glendale, or Burbank areas, and I was wondering if anybody had ones to recommend

"the yard" in downtown LA close to alameda and I think 6th street,awesome facilty and great training, I live 27 miles way and in L.A traffic it's not doable for me anymore tkaer like an hour just to get there,I think the added BJJ now and they also have great store to sell you gear and BJJ for a good price

sityotong is pasadena they area top notch too

"the yard" in downtown LA close to alameda and I think 6th street,awesome facilty and great training, I live 27 miles way and in L.A traffic it's not doable for me anymore tkaer like an hour just to get there,I think the added BJJ now and they also have great store to sell you gear and BJJ for a good price

DUDE!! you're exactly the reason I clicked on this thread.

I was wondering about any other BJJ places you know around downtown? I live on 4th and Main st... so real close to "the yard."

Unlike you however, I can't tolerate the traffic. I'm not even willing to travel to the schools 5 miles west on the 10 cause that could take an hour. The traffic between Hollywood and downtown has to be the worst there is in the country!! At least you have a reasonable expectation of how long it'll take you from LBC to Downtown. Me, could take me anywhere from 15m - 1h15m to get to the westside.

So anything near downtown? I'll definitely check the BJJ scene at the yard in a couple weeks. Thanks man!

I was wondering about any other BJJ places you know around downtown? I live on 4th and Main st... so real close to "the yard."

Unlike you however, I can't tolerate the traffic. I'm not even willing to travel to the schools 5 miles west on the 10 cause that could take an hour. The traffic between Hollywood and downtown has to be the worst there is in the country!! At least you have a reasonable expectation of how long it'll take you from LBC to Downtown. Me, could take me anywhere from 15m - 1h15m to get to the westside.

So anything near downtown? I'll definitely check the BJJ scene at the yard in a couple weeks. Thanks man!
all the good BJJ places are in hollywood, culver city has a gracie barra, but driving on the 10 going W is terrible , here in long beach we have BJJ all over the southbay area and all over LB(btt,chute boxe LB,bodyshop),santa fe springs(new breed,john ouano),cerritos babalu's school and in the OC area(too many to list), I know there are like 3 judo schools in downtown but I don't know much about BJJ, rickson and machado have schools in L.A but not near Downtown

it actually took me less to drive down alameda all the way from LB to L.A once by alameda and washington blvd than it did to go from dowtown to culver city(on the 10 W), L.A traffic makes LB traffic look good and long beach has some god awful traffic.

I have been looking around for a good gym to start muay thai training in the Pasadena, Glendale, or Burbank areas, and I was wondering if anybody had ones to recommend

Do you already have Muay Thai experience,or are you a beginner.

Sityodong is in Pasadena.

I trained at The Yard for 4 months before I moved out of the area. It is the first place I've trained Muay Thai and I thought it was great. The open training schedule is convenient. I never worked out in prime time after 6 pm so I don't know how crowded it gets. Trainers are great and I always got a lot of one on one instruction and the other people who train there help each other out. I'm training at a place with more structured 1 hour class format. There are pluses and minuses. In the class setting you focus on different technique every class so you learn but I get close to zero one on one attention from trainers where I'm at now.

Back