Muay Thai Gyms in Pattaya

technician79

White Belt
Reaction score
hello. which of these camps would you guys recommend and why? scorpion, singkasang, sipholek, kombat, tonys. i also noticed juke is a trainer at scorpion and singkasang is his own gym, so does he split his time at both gyms? or did scorpion just not updated their website? ok. thanks in advance.

The camps are what they are, the bigger question is what are you looking for in a camp and how long do you plan to be around?

Phuket and Pattaya both are pretty tourist oriented, Bangkok is the heart of big fights in Thailand, with Isarn providing many of the fighters in Bangkok. Isarn is the largest and poorest geographic area so more families in Isarn see Muay Thai as a way to earn a living, thus the abundance of fighters from this area.

I wont bother with specific info about Pattaya mainly because I don't have first hand information about the place as I rarely get past Bangkok. One thing is for sure though and thats Thailand wide, camps change from good to bad and back to good again depending on who's running them and who they have training there at the time. A good review and a clean gym last year does not mean you will have the same experience this year so first hand and up to date info is very important.

About the only place I recommend is Bangkok Fight Club just because I know the people there and they are very straight forward with English being well spoken there too. I speak a limited amount of Thai but can communicate quite well as I have been around a long time. If you do not speak Thai, going to a camp that does not have fluent English speakers will limit your experience.

If your sure your going to Pattaya and you present some added information like your weight, age, experience, If you want a pro fight or not? I can contact a friend who is more involved there and get you some better info that will fit you Vs generic info.

Also related, I just heard that Fairtex got a BJJ Blackbelt Instructor "March 2008" but have not confirmed that, Anyone heading down to Pattaya might want to check that out if they train in grappling too.

If you are in Bangkok , go with the Bangkok Fight Club. great downtown location , english speaking instructors.
Muay Thai instructor is Somchai Chimlum ( represented Thailand on Sydney Olimpics) really nice and gentle guy , great instructor!
International Boxing by Domenique Fontanarosa - professional boxer with multiple tytles and talented trainer.
there are also MMA and BJJ programs

good luck

If you are in Bangkok , go with the Bangkok Fight Club. great downtown location , english speaking instructors.
Muay Thai instructor is Somchai Chimlum ( represented Thailand on Sydney Olimpics) really nice and gentle guy , great instructor!
International Boxing by Domenique Fontanarosa - professional boxer with multiple tytles and talented trainer.

good luck

What'd he represent Thailand in at the olympics?

good luck

Is this Alex??! I miss training with you guys at BKFC! Hopefully I can come in for a month before the next SEA grappling games with my bro. This is John Winters.

Yeah Bangkok Fight Club is a great gym. Great equipment, great trainers and fighters, and definitely the cleanest gym in Thailand :icon_chee

Somchai is one of, maybe the best trainer i've worked with. Dominique is also amazing. Take care and hope you guys are liking the new location. Looking forward to seeing the new place

Awesome, it's always good to see Thai boxers making to step to boxing

Ok I am in Pattaya right now and I have been going to camps over the last few weeks. I have been to Fairtex, Sidytong, Tony's Gym, and RMB. So far RMB is my favorite. True funky old school style club half outside. Basic equipment. Nothing fancy. They had some real top notch French fighters as well as an excellent Scottish pro fighter there training today. After seeing that Scott train his ass of for 5 rounds I told him I wanted to put all my money on him on his next fight. He told me come to the stadium on Thursday he had a pro fight scheduled. This dude was good.Very friendly. Daniel, a former European boxing champ gave me private boxing lessons for free. The Thai trainer Tang kicked my ass good for 4 rounds. I was definitely the worse guy there. Most guys were pros. Not me. They basically will train you as much as you can stand. 300 baht per day. Weekly rates. It is across the street and down the road a bit from Fairtex. A little further away from the beach than Fairtex. Look for the sign. It is low season and sometimes hardly anyone was there. Sometimes this whole French team was there. In any case the trainers are always there. You have to be a bit self motivated in all the clubs in low season.

Sidytong was my second favorite. Fun trying to find the place. About 15 minutes out of Pattaya. To find anything in Pattaya go to an internet cafe, print the address of the club. Go to the geeky Thai guy and the cafe and have him write and say the address in Thai. Then give that to any motorbike taxi drive. Chickens running in the road. You really feel like you are in the real Thailand not the falang world of central Pattaya.This is a real historic Muay Thai place. Littles kids kicking the hell out of the bags. Pictures of all the champions and the king. You should really check it out. The trainer was the most technical of the trainers. He corrected my technique more than most which is rare for the Thai trainers. I actually learn more technique from the Europeans that I run into than the Thais.

The advantage of training with the Thais is that they will hold pads for you until you drop. You can get in great shape here. It is hard to get a trainer to do that for you elsewhere. Plus if you get good and push them the training can get more technical. You have to be pro active and ask them though. They can be lazy.

I tried Fairtex and I felt like I was in an Equinox gym in New York. Very high fallutin'. Obviously the trainers are some of the best fighters in the world. Fairtex was the most expensive, 800 baht, about $24. for one session. The guy who trained me was an excellent fighter. Top shape. Very fast. Strong as hell. He showed me some good stuff. I met the trainer for Yodenchai,(spelling?)
he wanted 2000 baht for private lessons. Big dude for a Thai. Nice guy.

In the beginning I was kind of lost. Nobody really showed me what to do. I had to hunt down the trainers and say hey are we doing this? They trained me for the full five rounds and then I asked him to show me the clinch. He said he had another student maybe next time. These guys obviously are the best fighters but I really got much better workouts and a looser more fun vibe and RMB and Sidytong. I did not go back to Fairtex.

I had gone to Tony's gym 2 years ago and it was great. It was my first time doing Muay Thai. The guys really trained the hell out me and I got in fantastic shape. The club actually is better laid out than any of the others. Tires to beat, big ring, full gym right next door. The trainer two years ago was Tang the same guy who is now at RMB. Also another guy who last I heard was at Sidytong though I did not see him this time. There was also a good Italian trainer who really taught me technique which I appreciated. The Thais sometimes will just let you bang away without correcting your technique. Unfortunately Tony's really went downhill. The trainers were ok this time but the kept asking tip tip. They really did not seem to into it. Tony's is closing that center and reopening in a few weeks. Maybe it will be better. The facility was cool.

This is just my personal experience. I know there are more place to check out in Pattaya. I am into Judo too but I did not have any luck finding Judo. I did find two guys doing Brazilian jiu jitsu and the Kombat club. Nobody was doing Muay Thai though it looked real quiet. They are all set up for Muay Thai though I just did not experience it there. They could be great. Maybe it was an off day.

I am going to Bangkok tommorrow and I will check out more Muay Thai clubs there and the judo club at Thai Ippon.

Ok I am in Pattaya right now and I have been going to camps over the last few weeks. I have been to Fairtex, Sidytong, Tony's Gym, and RMB. So far RMB is my favorite. True funky old school style club half outside. Basic equipment. Nothing fancy. They had some real top notch French fighters as well as an excellent Scottish pro fighter there training today. After seeing that Scott train his ass of for 5 rounds I told him I wanted to put all my money on him on his next fight. He told me come to the stadium on Thursday he had a pro fight scheduled. This dude was good.Very friendly. Daniel, a former European boxing champ gave me private boxing lessons for free. The Thai trainer Tang kicked my ass good for 4 rounds. I was definitely the worse guy there. Most guys were pros. Not me. They basically will train you as much as you can stand. 300 baht per day. Weekly rates. It is across the street and down the road a bit from Fairtex. A little further away from the beach than Fairtex. Look for the sign. It is low season and sometimes hardly anyone was there. Sometimes this whole French team was there. In any case the trainers are always there. You have to be a bit self motivated in all the clubs in low season.

Sidytong was my second favorite. Fun trying to find the place. About 15 minutes out of Pattaya. To find anything in Pattaya go to an internet cafe, print the address of the club. Go to the geeky Thai guy and the cafe and have him write and say the address in Thai. Then give that to any motorbike taxi drive. Chickens running in the road. You really feel like you are in the real Thailand not the falang world of central Pattaya.This is a real historic Muay Thai place. Littles kids kicking the hell out of the bags. Pictures of all the champions and the king. You should really check it out. The trainer was the most technical of the trainers. He corrected my technique more than most which is rare for the Thai trainers. I actually learn more technique from the Europeans that I run into than the Thais.

The advantage of training with the Thais is that they will hold pads for you until you drop. You can get in great shape here. It is hard to get a trainer to do that for you elsewhere. Plus if you get good and push them the training can get more technical. You have to be pro active and ask them though. They can be lazy.

I tried Fairtex and I felt like I was in an Equinox gym in New York. Very high fallutin'. Obviously the trainers are some of the best fighters in the world. Fairtex was the most expensive, 800 baht, about $24. for one session. The guy who trained me was an excellent fighter. Top shape. Very fast. Strong as hell. He showed me some good stuff. I met the trainer for Yodenchai,(spelling?)
he wanted 2000 baht for private lessons. Big dude for a Thai. Nice guy.

In the beginning I was kind of lost. Nobody really showed me what to do. I had to hunt down the trainers and say hey are we doing this? They trained me for the full five rounds and then I asked him to show me the clinch. He said he had another student maybe next time. These guys obviously are the best fighters but I really got much better workouts and a looser more fun vibe and RMB and Sidytong. I did not go back to Fairtex.

I had gone to Tony's gym 2 years ago and it was great. It was my first time doing Muay Thai. The guys really trained the hell out me and I got in fantastic shape. The club actually is better laid out than any of the others. Tires to beat, big ring, full gym right next door. The trainer two years ago was Tang the same guy who is now at RMB. Also another guy who last I heard was at Sidytong though I did not see him this time. There was also a good Italian trainer who really taught me technique which I appreciated. The Thais sometimes will just let you bang away without correcting your technique. Unfortunately Tony's really went downhill. The trainers were ok this time but the kept asking tip tip. They really did not seem too into it. Tony's is closing that center and reopening in a few weeks. Maybe it will be better. The facility was cool.

This is just my personal experience. I know there are more place to check out in Pattaya. I am into Judo too but I did not have any luck finding Judo. I did find two guys doing Brazilian jiu jitsu and the Kombat club. Nobody was doing Muay Thai though it looked real quiet. They are all set up for Muay Thai though I just did not experience it there. They could be great. Maybe it was an off day.

I am going to Bangkok tommorrow and I will check out more Muay Thai clubs there and the judo club at Thai Ippon.

Back