muay thai gyms in bangkok Sukhum Vit area?

invertcheguard

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Looking to stay in party area with recreational training in September. It been a while since i did just straight muay thai, way more comfortable with boxing. If i was sparring I'd say i'm about a 2/10 skill wise, so not a total beginner. I'd be looking purely for cheap privates with large emphasis on technique and maybe some sparring after. Basically someone doing more then just holding pads, correcting everything etc. Any good place in the Sukhum vit area?

Thanks.

Sukhumvit starts around nana and continues down to Cambodia. You need to be more specific.

But Fight Lab is on Sukhumvit 36 and there's another fancy gym on soi 24 or 26. The lower the number the more pricey it is (expensive area). Down the road you can find plenty other gyms.

Elitwe boxing also on sukhumvit between Prom Phrong and Thonglor

Looking to stay in party area with recreational training in September. It been a while since i did just straight muay thai, way more comfortable with boxing. If i was sparring I'd say i'm about a 2/10 skill wise, so not a total beginner. I'd be looking purely for cheap privates with large emphasis on technique and maybe some sparring after. Basically someone doing more then just holding pads, correcting everything etc. Any good place in the Sukhum vit area?

Thanks.

You need to then either forget Thailand or find yourself a farang coach. Thai coaches, if I'm allowed to generalize, are not verbal enough (certainly not in English) and don't care enough for the tourist fighter to teach you good technique. Generally they will try to tire your ass with too much volume on the pads in the early rounds and see you go home half way through the session ;) I'm exaggerating a bit but something along the line of this is often the case.

Anyways: you have 'Chakrit Muay Thai' along the BTS route, but they suck bad. '13 Coins' is not far by taxi and they are a whole lot better. 'Sasiprapa' is accessible from Sukhumvit by river boat (20 min) which IMHO is one of the better gyms in BKK (and *some* coaches still care to teach if you stay the whole session).

If I were you, I would go to Pattaya instead and train there: lots of places, smaller city, cleaner air, better life. If your budget permits check-in at the Fairtex sports complex (hotel and all sorts of gym and training facilities combined).

Elitwe boxing also on sukhumvit between Prom Phrong and Thonglor

Thanks Rob for sharing our gym.

Gym trailer
[YT]yIGLw6xmkD0[/YT]

Some fighters who trained at our gym.
[YT]AyGfy56Gmi8[/YT]

Back