Muay Thai Farang GOATs?

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Commonly mentioned fighters: Ramon Dekkers, Danny Bill, JWP, Toshio Fujiwara, Jean Charles Skarbowsky

But how do these guys compare to the more recent successfull farangs? We have fighters like Genji Umeno,Kaito Wor Wanchai, Youssef Boughanem, Fabio Pinca, Chad Collins, Han Zi Hao etc.

Based on what i've seen , i can totally see Chad Collins beating Ramon Dekkers by outscoring him. I haven't really done any thorough analysis though. What do you guys think?

I have been wodering what has happened to Youssef recently haven't seen any fights from him. The best foreign fighters ever i think are Pinca, Youseff and Danny Bill. The only question mark I have about Danny Bill is i heard he used to miss weight a lot, but skill wise he was great.

Dany Bill for me was easily the best that has ever been. Tremendous skill.

Maybe a prime Giorgio Petrosyan. Not by achievements since most of his career has been under kickboxing but based off the eye test and how great he could of been if he dedicated himself to only competing under MT.

Based off achievements tho probably Dekkers, Dany Bill, Youseff and a couple others.

Maybe a prime Giorgio Petrosyan. Not by achievements since most of his career has been under kickboxing but based off the eye test and how great he could of been if he dedicated himself to only competing under MT.

Based off achievements tho probably Dekkers, Dany Bill, Youseff and a couple others.
I mean based off the eye test, Mayweather would probably have been a good muay thai fighter if he dedicated himself only to competing under MT.

Remember when I claimed you combine Kickboxing and Muay Thai all the time and you acted like it was an absurd accusation?

I mean based off the eye test, Mayweather would probably have been a good muay thai fighter if he dedicated himself only to competing under MT.
If you just taught Mayweather how to check leg kicks it would be OVER!

Dekkers gets brought up too much Dida Diafat & Gilbert Ballantine both beat him multiple times each but are never brought up.

Dekkers gets brought up too much Dida Diafat & Gilbert Ballantine both beat him multiple times each but are never brought up.
plenty of fighters who beat Saenchai who are never brought up as muay thai GOATs. Single wins don't make you a a GOAT

Last edited:
plenty of fighters who beat Saenchai who are never brought up as muay thai GOATs. Single wins don't make you a a GOAT
And how much do you see ppl claiming Orono Wor Petchpun, Singdam, Khem, Petchboonchu, Sagetdao, and Nopparat Kiatkamtorn are just random fighters who just happen to have beaten Saenchai multiple times? if it wasn't for Dekkers fighting the way he did nobody would remember him

And how much do you see ppl claiming Orono Wor Petchpun, Singdam, Khem, Petchboonchu, Sagetdao, and Nopparat Kiatkamtorn are just random fighters who just happen to have beaten Saenchai multiple times? if it wasn't for Dekkers fighting the way he did nobody would remember him
I failt to see the incongruence between our opinions here... maybe i'm missing your point

I failt to see the incongruence between our opinions here... maybe i'm missing your point
the point is Dekkers wasn't as good as ppl make him out to be he had a fun style and tons of fanboys to make up excuses for his loses.

the point is Dekkers wasn't as good as ppl make him out to be he had a fun style and tons of fanboys to make up excuses for his loses.
If you refer to fanboys saying he is the muay thai GOAT then yes i agree of course that is extremely far fetched.

Now i haven't really looked into all the farangs accomplishments but as far as i can tell, none of them have outstanding muay thai accomplishments on a sports level. Now, compared to each others some might be more accomplished than others and although i haven't made a claim for who is the greatest, i'm not sure Ramon Dekkers wasn't so good in farang standards.

And still i think assessing their career and fighting abilities is more fair than judging them by single losses.

Remember when I claimed you combine Kickboxing and Muay Thai all the time and you acted like it was an absurd accusation?

Ayt shit...maybe I shouldnt of brought up a kickboxer but you know what I mean. Petro has a muaythai aura about him and has fought under muaythai rules before so its not like im bringing up a tennis player with great genetics and a fat ass.

From an accomplishment standpoint I always lean towards Fujiwara and Dekkers because they were actually the same size as their elite Thai opponents, but on the other hand they were aggressive guys who smashed their opponents with violence, which in MT often isn't a tactic that has sustainable success(although it was probably more common back then since they had 6oz gloves). Based on "the eye test" Danny Bill and Chadd Collins are the ones who seem(ed) to actually fight with the most skill.

I think Damian Alamos was very good but doesnt really get many mentions

If you refer to fanboys saying he is the muay thai GOAT then yes i agree of course that is extremely far fetched.

Now i haven't really looked into all the farangs accomplishments but as far as i can tell, none of them have outstanding muay thai accomplishments on a sports level. Now, compared to each others some might be more accomplished than others and although i haven't made a claim for who is the greatest, i'm not sure Ramon Dekkers wasn't so good in farang standards.

And still i think assessing their career and fighting abilities is more fair than judging them by single losses.
I'm not saying he sucked or anything he held his own and competed in weightclasses where highly skilled Thais fought in where Dany Bill fought at 70kg+. He just had a really bad habit of figting like he was in Europe when he fought in Thailand and fought like he was in Thailand in Europe.

Back