Muay thai coach went hard on me in sparring

AnonTk5

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Okay so im guessing some of you are going to say off the bat "the sports not for you blah blah" "hit him hard back" ...ive been off and on in boxing for about 4 years. I use it as a way to stay fit and protect myself . I am a decent boxer without showing iff too much needless to say ive been getting that a lot even thouht i dont do it as a full time thing. ...enough about me...long story short the muay thai coach decided that he wanted to throw hard punches out of the blue in a "light sparring session with your partners" ..i hit hard but i respect all my sparring partners so i respect all levels if i accidemtly hit hard tgen i tell the guy hit me hard back and apologize (which i rarely do hit my sparring partners hard) ..so i did not throw a punch to make him throw hard ..(i did not have head gear or a mouth guard) at the end of this awkward sparring session . i was left with a bloody nose..lucky his hard shots did not knock me out which suprised me in a way that hes about 20 years older than me (hes in his 40s)and way more experienced ..he apologized but didnt really mean it. You can tell when someone doesnt mean it. Should i just avoid this coach? Honestly it was a dick move. I understand his muay thai ego is to hate boxers but common ..thoughts on this as a fighting community?......all i could say in the end is ill get better .

He has to puff his ego somehow.

Have people around while sparring to separate when things get out of hand. can be friends or people that work in the gym or anybody.

Dick move. It's risky sparring without a friend or coach there in your corner, and it's especially weird if you're going against the coach. I would avoid him.

Back