Muay Thai Brands with broken in feel

drbolony

-Cautious Alex's Kickboxing Coach-
@Gold
Reaction score
Hey G/E!

With the world opening back up I'm planning a trip to Phuket to train some Muay Thai. To save some weight and space in my travel bags, I've decided to purchase all new equipment in Thailand and shipping it over right before I come home.

I just wanted to know which brands you guys suggest that can be used immediately after purchase for training, in other words, they already have a broken in feel. Also brands with bigger hand compartments, I've owned a pair of Fairtex BVG-9's and the hand compartment just didn't work for me (this is a 16 Oz pair) I was landing on the finger area between my proper knuckles and your second knuckles (the ones you shouldn't connect with). Based on this I'm guessing Fairtex is out of the question for me, not to mention the long break in periods.

Thanks for your help guys, I know this place is a wealth of knowledge for Muay Thai gear as that's all that was really talked about before the Mexican and Pakistani customs came to town.

To be specific, I'll be looking for:
XL Head Gear
16 oz Sparring/Training Gloves
12 oz Bag Gloves or Leather Bag Mitts
LG or XL Shin Guards

I'm planning on taking my own Cup and Mouth Piece, thanks again!

Tl;dr:
*Going to Phuket
*Need broken in feeling gear I can purchase in Thailand
*Larger Hand compartment needed, Fairtex didn't work for me
*List of needed items included above

Edit: I made this thread in case I can't try on anything at the shops due to Covid restrictions.

Last edited:
Twins gloves are pretty good straight up. I love Top King Shins and like Fairtex headgear. Most gyms have gear shops, but there are heaps of shops on Fighter st if that's where you are heading!

Back