Muay thai bag touching floor or not ?

KickassSeabass

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Good evening guys,

I would like to know your opinon on this.

Should a muay thai bag touch/rest on the floor or not ? Mine is set about 1 foot above the floor and swing freely. I have seen others with the bottom part resting on the floor so the bag does not move a lot when kicked.

What do you think ?

leave it freeswinging so you can work the bag like an opponent...Yod's bag in the video is probably shorter than yours but you get the idea:

put a tire down around the bottom of the bag (so it doesnt swing around) if you want it to stay in place later on...sorry, cant find a pic of that but i could probably take one at the gym tomorrow.

leave it freeswinging so you can work the bag like an opponent...Yod's bag in the video is probably shorter than yours but you get the idea:

put a tire down around the bottom of the bag (so it doesnt swing around) if you want it to stay in place later on...sorry, cant find a pic of that but i could probably take one at the gym tomorrow.

Thanks i like the tire idea.

Paradigm hit the nail on the head. Don't let your sack drag haha!

One gym I used to go to did the tire thing. The gym I go to now lets them free swing. I could care less either way.

Back