Muay Thai and Joe Rogan

FYI

John Wayne Parr is going to be on Joe Rogan's podcast Feb 23.

But if you don't listen, you'll be missing out on a great interview from arguably the best Muay Thai fighter ever...

Ha

Yes, Rogan will mention JWP's ATG status in minute 1. That will be followed up with a 30 minute Ramon Dekkers discussion that will surely cover all the myths. I can't wait.

Rogan spent all of his teen years doing Taekwondo competitions. He comes from a striking background. BJJ came later in his life.

He doesn't have a Judo background, so it's kind of rediculous to call him a moron for not knowing every techniques name.

although i agree with you, it will be nice to see someone else with striking background team up with Joe.

maybe bas ruten.

People who hates on his podcast probably haven't even listened... Very interesting topics most of the time, try Graham Hancock's episodes and you'll be hooked

the ufc is beyond big enough these days to pay a guy from each discipline to sit in a production trailer or backstage and tell rogan and goldie the real name of moves over their earpiece. It is ridiculous they have not done it yet

1. Joe Rogan trains bjj and stand up quite a bit but his knowledge of Muay Thai is heavily skewed towards mma. He's not a great source of knowledge for pure Muay Thai. So, take what he says with a grain of salt.

2. Muay Thai in the stadiums doesn't have to deal with takedowns or submissions because of their rules so the style naturally looks different. Muay Thai can be adapted very well for mma however as Jose Aldo and Anderson Silva demonstrate. They are only mid level Muay Thai practitioners at best.

3. Thais don't transition to mma because they don't have an established grappling/wrestling/mma scene. It would be a big risk and lose money for the gym to push a fighter into mma.

4. Also, the country is becoming more middle class and fighting is looked down on as a lower class endeavour. Soccer is super popular now for all Thais and the number one sport. MMA would have a hard time becoming popular.

MMA is also illegal in Thailand...

Ha

Yes, Rogan will mention JWP's ATG status in minute 1. That will be followed up with a 30 minute Ramon Dekkers discussion that will surely cover all the myths. I can't wait.
I'm sure JWP will be talking about all of the Thai legends and guys he trained with like Sangtienoi. It won't be a total Farang podcast.

the ufc is beyond big enough these days to pay a guy from each discipline to sit in a production trailer or backstage and tell rogan and goldie the real name of moves over their earpiece. It is ridiculous they have not done it yet

Because none of them knows whats going on as well.

Joe Rogan is very informative when its comes down to ground games, we need other commentator who knows the stands up game well. for example Bas and Joe will make a great combination.

Joe Rogan is very informative when its comes down to ground games, we need other commentator who knows the stands up game well. for example Bas and Joe will make a great combination.

Michael Schiavello!!!!

Are you guys really that confused about standup in the UFC that you need a commentator to explain it to you?

Many people and schools have different interpretations of what Muay Thai really is. Ask Dutchmen, Belarussians, Thais, Brazilians and Americans to show you Muay Thai and chances are you're gonna see 5 different things.

WTF. Muay Tha has one interpretation and that's how the Thais interpret it. It's called Muay Thai. Anything else is NOT MUAY THAI.

Rogan is mostly accurate when he calls it muay thai. He isn't wrong.

But if you don't listen, you'll be missing out on a great interview from arguably the best Muay Thai fighter ever...

Is he really rated as good as that? I have no idea tbh, I only follow him cause he's a fellow Aussie. Where does Samart Payakaroon rate? (I only know him because Jeff Fenech beat him in boxing)

Back