MTV Made: I want to be a powerlifter

And that is based on how your muscles look, no athletic component involved.

It doesn't matter how awesome your muscles look if your posing routine sucks than you will be lucky to do somewhat decent at a bodybuilding show. Just cause bodybuilders don't run their asses off or have crazy footwork doesn't mean they are not athletes. I have heard plenty of people say that powerlifters are not athletes because they are fat and only lift weights but have no cardio endurance or agility. But I defended the sport of powerlifting and did my best to prove them wrong. I told them it's a different sport with different demands.

It doesn't matter how awesome your muscles look if your posing routine sucks than you will be lucky to do somewhat decent at a bodybuilding show. Just cause bodybuilders don't run their asses off or have crazy footwork doesn't mean they are not athletes. I have heard plenty of people say that powerlifters are not athletes because they are fat and only lift weights but have no cardio endurance or agility. But I defended the sport of powerlifting and did my best to prove them wrong. I told them it's a different sport with different demands.

Saying that posing is an athletic activity is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch. They learn how to pose to best show off the aesthetics of their physique, not to see who has a better lat spread technique. Bodybuilding quite simply does not fit the definition of a sport, which is why it is not one.

look its neither directly quantifiable or innately decisive. shooting is directly quantifiable actually so its just like running/pole vault swimming.

its not innately decisive like wrestling or football. where they go against eachother. Its less based on a rule sheet than diving and figure skating. Those have moves that get points for accomplishment and judgement within those moves does exist which is why they are sketchy.

There is no magic move in BB that most can't do. Its ALL about how it looks its the questionable part of gymnastics and not the real part.

picard-sigh.jpg

Back