MTV Made: I want to be a powerlifter

L

LozanoJ1985**

According to bodybuilding site RX Muscle the Made coach will be bodybuilder Johnnie Jackson:icon_neut dont know much about the man but Im sure there would be better choices out there

hes the strongest bodybuilder on the planet dammit!

Loz your av is epic I remeber the thread that guy posted.......dig it up for lulz

johnnie jackson is a freakin BEAST. look him up.

If I were you I'd be more respectful about what you say Johnnie Jackson is extremely strong in the big 3 power moves. Hell he works out with professional power lifting and world weight class record holding power lifter Matt Kroczaleski and does just fine with a lot of the same weight as him. Don't say what you don't know. Johnnie is extremely knowledgeable.

I hope they don't perpetuate that bodybuilders are the strongest men or earth

Bodybuilders(apart from Arnold)getting Love on Sherdog?!:eek:

I'll have to check my Bible, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of the Apocolypse...

"And the Angel of the Lord opened The Seventh Seal, and Bodybuilders were treated with respect on Sherdog and Lo!, the Multitude did cry unto the Heavans, Oh God, we're really fucked now!":icon_twis

It might be interesting to see how the sport is portrayed. Maybe he goes to the school that has that powerlifting team that uses bench shirts and bands to bench 135lb.

MTV did a good story on Kevin Nee when he was around 18.

Bodybuilders(apart from Arnold)getting Love on Sherdog?!:eek:

I'll have to check my Bible, but I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of the Apocolypse...

"And the Angel of the Lord opened The Seventh Seal, and Bodybuilders were treated with respect on Sherdog and Lo!, the Multitude did cry unto the Heavans, Oh God, we're really fucked now!":icon_twis

That's because this isn't a bodybuilding forum. Its a functional strength for combat sports forum. Go talk about 5 day splits NO explode, and your "pump" some place else. Not that its the worst thing ever, just any bodybuilding thread is essentially off-topic. people on here are more obsessed with being a good lifter than a good athlete/fighter as it is but body builders while knowledgable, and driven lift for an entirely differnt reason than we do...vanity. peacocks lifting so they can strut their feathers and do their curls for the girls. I am with mark rippetoe on this one I guess.

That's because this isn't a bodybuilding forum. Its a functional strength for combat sports forum. Go talk about 5 day splits NO explode, and your "pump" some place else. Not that its the worst thing ever, just any bodybuilding thread is essentially off-topic. people on here are more obsessed with being a good lifter than a good athlete/fighter as it is but body builders while knowledgable, and driven lift for an entirely differnt reason than we do...vanity. peacocks lifting so they can strut their feathers and do their curls for the girls. I am with mark rippetoe on this one I guess.

it's called sarcasm.

The FAIL is strong with this one...:icon_lol:

Stan Efferding wants a word with you.

And that word is, "WRONG!":icon_chee

Stan the Man is a fucking monster. I've just watched a video of him Benching 600lbs Raw, with perfect form.:eek:

doesn't that show follow the kid for like a month...
he hopes to be a powerlifter in a month?
why does he need mtv for this?

According to bodybuilding site RX Muscle the Made coach will be bodybuilder Johnnie Jackson:icon_neut dont know much about the man but Im sure there would be better choices out there

johnnie jackson is actually an accomplished powerlifter as well as bodybuilder,check him out sometime on youtube or something.

Guys, calm down, I'm pretty sure he said there are BETTER choices out there... not that Johnnie is complete crap.

And, I agree with Loz, loads of better people out there... if it's about powerlifting, why not just pick someone who's a full time powerlifter, not a bodybuilder who also does powerlifting. It doesn't do much for the image of the sport, kind of reinforces the idea that we're all massive freaks juiced up to the shit house.... although I suppose AAS is accepted in some feds.

Yes, Johnnie Jackson is a bodybuilder, so he might not seem like an ideal candidate, but he is also a very accomplished powerlifter(I'm guessing his total weight is around 2000lbs) so assuming he uses or can teach good technique and is not just some genetic freak, he is great for that role.Plus, his physique would probably have a strronger(no pun intended) impact in the minds of the viewers than say, ed coan or a more traditional-looking powerlifter.

Guys, calm down, I'm pretty sure he said there are BETTER choices out there... not that Johnnie is complete crap.

And, I agree with Loz, loads of better people out there... if it's about powerlifting, why not just pick someone who's a full time powerlifter, not a bodybuilder who also does powerlifting. It doesn't do much for the image of the sport, kind of reinforces the idea that we're all massive freaks juiced up to the shit house.... although I suppose AAS is accepted in some feds.

You don't have to be a ripped bodybuilder to be on steroids... Look at Mark Bell, or Billy Mimnaugh, or Louie Simmons...

You don't have to be a ripped bodybuilder to be on steroids... Look at Mark Bell, or Billy Mimnaugh, or Louie Simmons...

If I was to bet, the truth is even sadder, as the average person who juices is likely some skinny/fat 150-200lber with the distinct belief that steroids will magically transform him.

Back