Social MTG Comes Out as a "Christian Nationalist"

If you describe a "generic" book with the types of content that are in the Bible a shocking number of Christians say that it should not be in a public or school library because it is "inappropriate."
sure but if you quoted the material it would not be freaked out about. but also who the hell reads those sections from the bible to kids in school anyway?

people keep mocking me for saying so but i see these groups as an ever increasing threat and probably the most dangerous group in the whole country. i fear them more than any group and i think people are naive as hell not seeing the danger. we are in divisive times and everything that is going on is feeding the fire. with a government not truly interested in addressing most of the drivers for the division people are going to start turning to more and more extreme messages and solutions.

the whole country is a ticking time bomb right now i think.

Dude, you must ve afraid of your own shadow if you think "Christian Nationalists" are the most dangerous group in the wholr country.

I'm more afraid of your lack of capitalization, punctuation and total disrgard for sentence structure!

Dude, you must ve afraid of your own shadow if you think "Christian Nationalists" are the most dangerous group in the wholr country.

I'm more afraid of your lack of capitalization, punctuation and total disrgard for sentence structure!

They have organization and are implementing that by placing Christian nutbags in positions of political power all over the country. Their vision of the country includes a violent end where non believers are all killed and they project all of their internal sin and disorder onto people outside of themselves. They have a religouse zeal that makes them believe God itself is on their side.

I cant see a worse group gaining power in the country.

Capital letters used only because of spell correct on my phone.

Last edited:

You might want to fix your spelling errors before becoming a grammar nit. Sweet alt account by the way.

They have organization and are implementing that by placing Christian nutbags in positions of political power all over the country. Their vision of the country includes a violent end where non believers are all killed and they project all of their internal sin and disorder onto people outside of themselves. They have a religouse zeal that makes them believe God itself is on their side.

I cant see a worse group gaining power in the country.

Capital letters used only because of spell correct on my phone.

Without God people are a mess. We can't do it on our own.

Unless we are governed by God, we shall be ruled by tyrants.

christian fascists nationalists will not govern through god but with their own projected sin, control issues, black and white thinking and judgment. it will be far more sinful than if we were ran by a secular government. they will have no doubt or self reflection, will assume they are always right and see non christians as the "other" they will demonize them and eventually persecute them along with everyone who is not christian enough for them, not biblical enough for them and not as black and white in their thinking as them.

christian fascists are christian in name only.

Last edited:
You’re projecting your mental weakness on to others. You can’t do it without god. The rest of us can.
There's no morality without god.
- arrogant, unthinking fools who don't believe in evolution

Humanism is devoid of mystical aspects but seeing as it has a golden rule element to it, that philosophy could be a better alternative to most religions. But I'm sure according to some fundamentalists it's either a product of the prime mover or the devil. We just need to nurture empathy to be on the right track.

There's no morality without god.
- arrogant, unthinking fools who don't believe in evolution

Humanism is devoid of mystical aspects but seeing as it has a golden rule element to it, that philosophy could be a better alternative to most religions. But I'm sure according to some fundamentalists it's either a product of the prime mover or the devil. We just need to nurture empathy to be on the right track.

the argument that there can be no morality without god does not HAVE to be used in such a pedantic way as many christians use it. i think there can be no morality without god too..... but i also think there can be no YOU without god... so when i say it im not saying YOU cannot be moral without god... im saying morality itself... the principle could not exist without the creator of that principle which is god.

and since all human beings are created in gods image i fully expect much of the good in the world to come through people who dont believe in god as they themselves come from gods mind.

i know you wont agree and im not trying to convince you at all.... but i just wanted you to know that not everyone who says there can be no morality without god is trying to set themselves up on a pedestal above other human beings but is instead making a more fundamental statement about life itself.

You’re projecting your mental weakness on to others. You can’t do it without god. The rest of us can.

I can do it without God. I can't do it right though. And neither can you. I'm humble enough to admit that. You are feeding your ego thinking you are mentally stronger than me because you don't need God. You are just fooling yourself. The enemy along with demons are far stronger than you. Satan roams around and devours people such as yourself.

Quotation-Barry-Goldwater-Religious-factions-will-go-on-imposing-their-will-on-others-66-50-18.jpg

1. Do you believe in a Christian god?
2. Do you believe the Bible is the word of god?
3. Do you believe in a literal hell?

I can do it without God. I can't do it right though. And neither can you. I'm humble enough to admit that. You are feeding your ego thinking you are mentally stronger than me because you don't need God. You are just fooling yourself. The enemy along with demons are far stronger than you. Satan roams around and devours people such as yourself.

The only one fooling themselves here is you. You’d better hope there isn’t a god. As you have a lot more to worry about when being viewed by the eyes of god than I do.

Last edited:
The only one fooling themselves here is you. You’d better hope there isn’t a god. As you have a lot more to worry about when being viewed by the eyes of god than I do.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom - proverbs 9 : 10

Right so- would you consider yourself a Calvinist or an armenianist?

gotcha. So everything in the Bible is true in its literal sense except the obvious parts that are poetry, song, etc.

So without sweet baby Jesus in your heart, you go to a literal, actual hell for your sins for all of eternity. (john 3:16, paraphrased), correct?

so what of the folks who never had the opportunity to accept Jesus into their hearts while they lived? People The Good Word never got to, for example. Seems pretty cut and dry by what the good book says. Those people are damned to eternal torture. Kind of a bummer. Feels like maybe that goes against the idea of a loving god

gotcha. So everything in the Bible is true in its literal sense except the obvious parts that are poetry, song, etc.

So without sweet baby Jesus in your heart, you go to a literal, actual hell for your sins for all of eternity. (john 3:16, paraphrased), correct?

so what of the folks who never had the opportunity to accept Jesus into their hearts while they lived? People The Good Word never got to, for example. Seems pretty cut and dry by what the good book says. Those people are damned to eternal torture. Kind of a bummer. Feels like maybe that goes against the idea of a loving god

There are conflicting statements in the bible about the duration of hell and the nature of it. It is clear that the disciples did NOT have the same understanding of what hell was or it's durration. The early church saints both scholars and holy men also did not agree on the nature durration or inevitability of hell. Many were universalists believing everyone went to heaven eventually.

It's far from a settled matter if you go by the scriptures alone.

There are conflicting statements in the bible about the duration of hell and the nature of it. It is clear that the disciples did NOT have the same understanding of what hell was or it's durration. The early church saints both scholars and holy men also did not agree on the nature durration or inevitability of hell. Many were universalists believing everyone went to heaven eventually.

It's far from a settled matter if you go by the scriptures alone.
the Hermeneutics of the passages seem pretty straight forward. Scholars disagree on a philosophical level because it’s a hard pill to swallow- do we say that if you’ve never had the opportunity to hear the good word that you’re off the hook in regards to hell? If that was true then it means you’re actually damning people to hell by giving them the opportunity to reject the message (IE: 100 tribesman don’t know about Jesus so 100 tribesmen get into heaven. If you tell all 100 about god and only 50 accept him then 50 go to hell). Then again you could argue that anyone who goes to hell was supposed to in order to show the world how great and merciful god is (Romans 8 goes into this). According to Paul (and many learned folks interpretation of his book) that is exactly what is happening. God creates and sends some to hell without them ever having an opportunity at redemption.

it just never sat right with me.

Edit: also why be mysterious at all? I understand the idea of free will and not needing to know 100% if there is a god, but considering the stakes of eternal life or damnation shouldn’t the scriptures be Crystal fuckin clear? Instead we’ve had men arguing over who’s interpretation is right for thousands of years.

Last edited:
Back