Mt. Rushmore

Royce - Obvious reasons

Tito - First star. And first fighter to really figure out how to implement wrestling to all of its potential, like gnp. Not first successful wrestler (Coleman.)

Ronda - Hate all you want, but there would be no women fighting in the UFC if not for her.

BJ - First fighter to figure out how to modernise what Royce did, and how to make BJJ adaptable in MMA. Also first fighter to win in 2 weight classes.

Coming into this thread is like...

Accidentally walking into the remedial classroom at school and hearing what the retards talk about...

{<jordan}<2>{<jordan}

Royce - Obvious reasons

Tito - First star. And first fighter to really figure out how to implement wrestling to all of its potential, like gnp. Not first successful wrestler (Coleman.)

Ronda - Hate all you want, but there would be no women fighting in the UFC if not for her.

BJ - First fighter to figure out how to modernise what Royce did, and how to make BJJ adaptable in MMA. Also first fighter to win in 2 weight classes.
One of the reasons I left Ronda off my list was because WMMA is still relatively new to the UFC. You are absolutely right though, WMMA doesn’t happen in the UFC without her

If you were making a Mt. Rushmore of the UFC, who would be on it? Remember, you only get 4. My nominees are:

Royce Gracie: he put the UFC on the map. Everyone wanted to study BJJ and be Royce Gracie back in the 90’s.

Chuck Liddell: he was a great fighter. He was a great champion. He’s perhaps the most recognizable face in MMA history.

Tito Ortiz: same as Chuck

Dana White: I had a tough time with #4. But Dana was given the keys to the company and brought it back from obscurity.

What are your nominees?
Agree with mine? Disagree?
Too bad that there is not room to put Stephen Bonnar and Forrest Griffin up there with them. While they weren't all time greats, I think a case could be made that it was more their fight than Dana that brought the UFC back from obscurity. But I understand, he was who made TUF possible to begin with, so he gets the credit. It is what it is.

Off the cuff, I personally would try to pick the greatest achievers from every era. I'd say, Royce Gracie, Randy Couture, Jon Jones, and Conor McGregor. My heart really wanted to include Ken Shamrock, but I just couldn't quite justify it with my brain. Also, it feels criminal to leave off Anderson Silva. If you substituted him for any of the above other than Royce Gracie, I wouldn't be mad.

Too bad that there is not room to put Stephen Bonnar and Forrest Griffin up there with them. While they weren't all time greats, I think a case could be made that it was more their fight than Dana that brought the UFC back from obscurity. But I understand, he was who made TUF possible to begin with, so he gets the credit. It is what it is.

Off the cuff, I personally would try to pick the greatest achievers from every era. I'd say, Royce Gracie, Randy Couture, Jon Jones, and Conor McGregor. My heart really wanted to include Ken Shamrock, but I just couldn't quite justify it with my brain.
I really considered Randy as well.

Also, there’s no question the Bonnar-Griffin fight ushered in a while new fan base.

I only need two and both their names end with 'Diaz'.

How about the Silva brothers; Wanderlei, Bigfoot, Anderson, and Timmeh

Conor carved into Dana's chest ala Total Recall..

kuato_by_joeded.jpg

This thread's been done multiple times before...

Back