MT Instructor classes

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by CONPHIDENT, Oct 9, 2010.

1. CONPHIDENT

CONPHIDENT White Belt

Ok, So I Posted awhile back about how there is a sanshou Coach i was gonn try to train under. While meeting with him i learned he was a class c MT instructor, Would somebody please help me out and explain how their classes/rankings work?

2. NovaUniaoWesty

NovaUniaoWesty Yellow Belt

Hhmmm. I think there was a national MT academy in Thailand that does something similar to that. I also think Ajarn Chai has "grades" of instructors.

3. CONPHIDENT

CONPHIDENT White Belt

Well coach lee was a national champion in sanshou in thailand, which is why i am so set on his gym, other than that it's tony bonello or pittman, bonello im not so sure if i want to learn under him and pittman nickel and dimes you.

4. NovaUniaoWesty

NovaUniaoWesty Yellow Belt

Bonello would be great to learn jiu jitsu from, MT perhaps not so much.

I don't know the other two and am a little to lazy to google them up. Sorry:redface:

I would go try out a few classes at each and see where you fit in. Any gym worth the trouble will let you try a free class or two.

5. CONPHIDENT

CONPHIDENT White Belt

Thanks For Your Input

6. ECS123

ECS123 Purple Belt

I'm not sure, but as far as I can tell, outside of Thailand, this whole "certification" ranking system becomes a pretty subjective, dicey area, that seems to be a fairly Western concept. Technically, I am not even sure that there is such a thing as a "Kru Certification" in Thailand. However, I am sure someone far more knowledgable than I am, will pick up on this thread, as I would also be interested in hearing their answers.

:icon_chee

7. SAAMAG

SAAMAG San Antonio Applied Martial Arts Group

There's the MTA stuff out there in Thailand, but that's generally for people who want to learn about muay thai and gain teaching legitimacy to teach muay thai that had not previously been career fighters.

8. dat1978

dat1978 Brown Belt

Ajarn Chai has 4 levels of instructors: Apprentice, Associate, Full, and Senior. There's only a couple senior instructors in the world and some full instructors. Most people that can lay claim to being an instructor in the TBA fall into the first two levels with most of them being in the first level. With that said, its always good to check out anyone that's an apprentice instructor because the level of skill varies quite a bit. The higher levels are usually legit because Chai is much more strict in handing out those promotions.