MSNBC anchor Allison Morris under fire for "accidentally" calling LA Lakers a racial slur.

What do you think?

• Total voters
She 100% said N word.

If that's the case, does that slip mean she secretly has racist sentiments? Freudian slips are the subconscious surfacing, no?

Yeah you're right it's the subconscious surfacing. It certainly doesn't look good for her.

But I don't know if she should be fired for it. That's up to them.

Would you fire her?

I've been watching this thread since this whole thing kicked off trying to make up my mind. I listened to the tape multiple times Joe.

She definitely said the hard g and g and R. With kind of a Canadian eh thrown in there. While I do believe it was a slip of the tongue, that was definitely what she said. There was no audio distortion.

Yeah you're right it's the subconscious surfacing. It certainly doesn't look good for her.

But I don't know if she should be fired for it. That's up to them.

Would you fire her?

I think at the very least she should be reprimanded lest we see an upsurge of "accidental mispronunciations"

People have been doing that for years, one guy got fired last year for doing something similar about Martin Luther King.

Apparently it isn't stopping them.

She definitely said the hard g and g and R. With kind of a Canadian eh thrown in there. While I do believe it was a slip of the tongue, that was definitely what she said

They argument should be whether or not he intended it or if it was said out of malice.

Folks saying "nackers" sound like they're stretching and seem bias.

Those sounded like some hard Gs to me.

Those anchor people are all robots who can barely get a sentence across without the teleprompter. I can believe she just jumbled her words, but it came out so smooth she clearly has said it before. She didn't say nakers or nikkers like some would like to assume, it was clear as day she said nig&ers. Let's not try to sweep that fact under the proverbial rug.

I'm not even upset, I know white people, hell, all people use these words often. Rap music is one of the most popular genres around and they sure as hell drop the N bomb multiple times per song. Who do you think listens to this more than anyone?

It rolled off her tongue like a mocha latte deluxe thing from starbucks

Thought it sounded closer to Knickers on the first go around and that explanation does make sense, but playing it back it does sound kinda suspect. Either way I just think it was a harmless mistake. People nowadays just want to look for any reason they can find to cry racism.

Now if she was a Fox News analyst on the other hand...
SimpleLimpIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

If you want to really get up in arms about something related to this, BBC did a piece on Kobe while using Lebron James footage.

Last edited:
It’s either she has racism in her heart or it was a fumbling of two innocent words. Can’t have it in between. If you just want a slap on the wrist, you’re admitting it was an innocent mistake but want her punished anyways.

It rolled off her tongue like a mocha latte deluxe thing from starbucks

It didn’t sound like it rolled off her tongue to me. There was a pause half way through the word. If she had the N word chambered, that pause would have been her opportunity to bail. Because she didn’t bail, tells me the N word was not on her mind.

Well in that spirit, you may enjoy this thread about it. I think there's even a petition to MSNBC to get her fired, you'll want to sign.

Just a word of caution, you may be called a cac because your views on the subject aren't militant enough. <45>

Stay on code bro!

holy shit this link is fucking embarrassing

It didn’t sound like it rolled off her tongue to me. There was a pause half way through the word. If she had the N word chambered, that pause would have been her opportunity to bail. Because she didn’t bail, tells me the N word was not on her mind.

well everyones gonna look at it differently and hear what they wanna hear, obviously Caucasians will think it was no big deal and a clear accident whereas black people for the most part will think it was racism or ignorance on her part. I fall somewhere in the middle. Any way you slice it, the word was said whether accidental or otherwise. I don't think she deliberately said it as that would be insane, however, shes probably said it in the past no doubt. Behind closed doors most likely, but shes no stranger to that word, as im sure many on here are not.

Only watched the clip once but it sounded closer to Knick-ers than Kn-akers imo

LOL at anyone saying she meant Knickers - It's a hard K sound or some other garbage.

If you want to hear Knickers then you'll hear it and make excuses for her and call everyone "snowflakes" for being outraged but not being cognizant of your outrage over the outrage.

If you wanna hear N*%^$R then you'll hear that and condemn her as a racist.

In the end only SHE knows for sure but to sit back and say that because she is on CNBC or whatever that she'd never be racist is about as naive as it gets. Racisms is everywhere and becoming more and more prominent and visible. And pointing this out has nothing to do with being "woke" "outraged" or a "snowflake".

It is insane what you hear about people when they don't have to put on a facade to keep their jobs or reputations intact and yes that includes their feelings towards people of colour.

LOL at anyone saying she meant Knickers - It's a hard K sound or some other garbage.

If you want to hear Knickers then you'll hear it and make excuses for her and call everyone "snowflakes" for being outraged but not being cognizant of your outrage over the outrage.

If you wanna hear N*%^$R then you'll hear that and condemn her as a racist.

In the end only SHE knows for sure but to sit back and say that because she is on CNBC or whatever that she'd never be racist is about as naive as it gets. Racisms is everywhere and becoming more and more prominent and visible. And pointing this out has nothing to do with being "woke" "outraged" or a "snowflake".

It is insane what you hear about people when they don't have to put on a facade to keep their jobs or reputations intact and yes that includes their feelings towards people of colour.

zs0nl.jpg

All of this!

Alison Morris referred to the LA Lakers as a racial slur during coverage of Kobe Bryant's death. Morris maintains that it was an accident in which she accidentally combined "Knicks" and "Lakers" and said "Nakers".

She said "Nakers." She didn't say the "n-word."

Back