MSN Story-"Seven or more eggs a week linked to death risk"

stllmn8j

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Seven or more eggs a week linked to death risk - Diet and nutrition - MSNBC.com
WASHINGTON - Middle-aged men who ate seven or more eggs a week had a higher risk of earlier death, U.S. researchers reported on Wednesday.

Men with diabetes who ate any eggs at all raised their risk of death during a 20-year period studied, according to the study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

The study adds to an ever-growing body of evidence, much of it contradictory, about how safe eggs are to eat. It did not examine what about the eggs might affect the risk of death.

It always seems that scientists can't decide if eggs are good or not,but this study also ties the increased egg consumption with men who have other risk factors for heart attacks and stroke,therefore it doesn't seem to be very focused

They didn't even say what else their diets are like. Hell if your eating 7 eggs a week plus a whole shit load of fried food of course there's going to be a higher mortality rate. The thing with these studies is the possibility of tons of confounding variables. Most are not executed well as does this one seems.

They didn't even say what else their diets are like. Hell if your eating 7 eggs a week plus a whole shit load of fried food of course there's going to be a higher mortality rate. The thing with these studies is the possibility of tons of confounding variables. Most are not executed well as does this one seems.

QFT no mention of vegetables, omega 3 intake (what about omega 3 eggs for that matter), exercise etc. This is bad as the "diets don't work" study all the news outlets were publishing last summer that hidden deep within the article was the mention "without exercise"...

Besides if it comes down to it I'd rather die strong at 60 having done something I can be proud of then weak and full of regret at 80.

Hmm
It did not examine what about the eggs might affect the risk of death.

Could that be cause it had more to do with the pound of greasy bacon and half loaf of toast w/giant slabs of butter their test subjects were consuming?? Just a guess...or maybe it's this:

Men who ate the most eggs also were older, fatter, ate more vegetables but less breakfast cereal, and were more likely to drink alcohol, smoke and less likely to exercise

Well I eat at least 14 eggs a week, so I guess I'm fucked.
*waits to die* :icon_lol:
Seriously, a natural food that is jam packed full of goodness as part of a balanced diet is going to kill me? Doubtful.

So one extra egg per week ups your chance for dying early by 23%? Apparently nobody thinks about this stuff before they publish it.:rolleyes:

Its like they say, there are lies, then there are statistics. I probably shouldn't get so worked up at close to 30 eggs (including whites only) a week my heart is probably going to explode any minute.

Meta-analysis + ignorant media = massive amounts of fail.

Agreed.

oilrig.jpg

I guess I got a little worked up there, but man how can "scientists" be so fuckin stupid?

They probably just wanted to get published more than actually be right. The problem I've found is that most people who eat a lot of eggs, aren't like most people here in D&S, we're the ones eating eggs because of its nutrients, the others are eating it because it comes with their ultra jumbo breakfast plate, complete with half a pound of bacon, 15 pancakes, ham and buttered toast, floating on syrup.

Most other people for some reason, don't eat eggs. I can't get enough of them to be honest.

I guess 56 eggs per week puts me at a 283.411% greater risk of dying. Shucks.

I just shot myself in the foot, but I also ate 10 eggs today. Damn those fucking eggs making me bleed all over the place!

You know... If you yell at a flee it will jump... if you rip its legs off, then yell at it, it won't jump. Clearly, if you rip a flee's legs off, you make it deaf.

I eat some 20-30 whole eggs per week. I must be pissing mayo by now.

You know... If you yell at a flee it will jump... if you rip its legs off, then yell at it, it won't jump. Clearly, if you rip a flee's legs off, you make it deaf.

Oooh!!! I like this one better.

This is really ridiculous...especially with all the variables. I dont even understand how they can post something like this and have uneducated people afraid to eat some eggs now.

This is really ridiculous...especially with all the variables. I dont even understand how they can post something like this and have uneducated people afraid to eat some eggs now.

You're in denial. Can't you see that the eggs are making you say that?

Back