MRSA - Baby Wipes Won't Work

NinjaKilla187

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Seems like there's a lot better MRSA and other skin disease awareness going on in my area. I am starting to see lots of guys with baby wipes in their bag and it's the right idea but one thing people should know is that most Baby Wipes will *not* kill staph/MRSA.

To kill staph you need minimum 60% alcohol and over the years most baby wipes have gone to alcohol free "gentle formulas".

One brand I know is over 60% and works is the Purell wipes. I am sure there are others. Check the MDS sheet if you aren't sure. Can be had from Costco.com for very cheap.

The alcohol based gels work but you need to use enough and spread them thoroughly. The wipes are handier for cleaning gear.

Seems like there's a lot better MRSA and other skin disease awareness going on in my area. I am starting to see lots of guys with baby wipes in their bag and it's the right idea but one thing people should know is that most Baby Wipes will *not* kill staph/MRSA.

To kill staph you need minimum 60% alcohol and over the years most baby wipes have gone to alcohol free "gentle formulas".

One brand I know is over 60% and works is the Purell wipes. I am sure there are others. Check the MDS sheet if you aren't sure. Can be had from Costco.com for very cheap.

The alcohol based gels work but you need to use enough and spread them thoroughly. The wipes are handier for cleaning gear.

Good advice.

You may have saved lives. :D

Back