Mr. Tapout is ready...

I've too wondered thus, as Khabib is one of the most unreliable fighters to show up in the cage if you sign to fight him. That being said, after RDA withdrew, lost his next fight to Eddie and lost the chance of a lifetime to fight Conor, I would not be surprised if guys just fought injured versus Conor so they could get that paycheck. Conor will fight no matter who is in the cage with him and the McGregor show will go on.

The question is, who are the leading replacements? I think Ferguson leads it, and that's why they are scheduling him to fight on the Conor card too. I love DP, but it would kind of suck tho if Dustin got another shot, as Conor would just murk him and it is a terrible stylistic match up.

If they have Tony fighting on the same card and he becomes the replacement...I'm more worried about that fight for Conor than Khabib.

If they have Tony fighting on the same card and he becomes the replacement...I'm more worried about that fight for Conor than Khabib.
Meh.....after seeing what Lando did to Tony, I think Conor would piece him up in a bad way. He kind of reminds me of Dustin before Conor fought him, in the sense that everyone was dropping him even tho he was on a nice streak, but when you go against Conor, that is bad news. Conor will just take his time and get the TKO. Also, Tony underwent a crazy bad surgery and I doubt he will really ever be the same, and especially not his first fight back.

The argument, probably from your view point, is that he is big, durable and tough like Diaz but has wrestling, right? Tony hasn't really used his wrestling insides tho, and is more of a defensive grappler and unorthodox, creative but sloppy striker. The fight would be dope, no doubt, and Id rather see Conor vs him, or some other elite fighter that he as not fought, above Dustin or Eddie type rematches.

You really think Floyd vs some random 0-0 nobody would sell?

They both sold that fight. Conor boxing a nobody wouldn't sell, and neither would Floyd fighting a nobody.

I agree...

I never said Conor doesn't deserve any credit for the PPV's selling well...

It's common sense he has a huge fanbase among MMA fans and his retard casual followers... Which added on top of Floyds normal followers and regular boxing connoisseurs.

I simply said Floyd was the A side and he was... he's the most recognized name.

Fans of every sport know who he is, as opposed to McGregor who had a smaller fanbase.

You couldn’t be More wrong.
3 out of 4 of Mayweathers previous fights did not even break 1 million PPV SALES.
Out of his last 5 only 2 have. Pacquiao and McGregor.
Conor has sold over 1 million ppv EVERY time he has headlines a card.

Conor was the A side. Mayweather just got paid more because he didn’t need that fight. It was easy money for him.

Conor has 5 (1 million+ PPV's) and Floyd has 8 (1 million+ PPV's)

Get your facts correct... Last I checked 8 > 5

<36>

<36>
Also he sold bigger ppv with Manny then Connie and +20M bigger gate <VinceCa$h>bork1}<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Do you think the PPV numbers would be the same if Floyd fought another boxer with zero pro fights?

Yes, if Floyd fought another sports superstar with 0 pro fights - I think it would sell great (obviously depends on the star and if it's reasonable matchup).

For example, Big Show vs Mayweather would sell but most wouldn't be interested because it's not a realistic matchup.

Also, please view ANY of the press conferences and see if you can find any time where Floyd was winning or even engaging in the promotion of this fight.
HINT: you cant

Of course he did, Mayweather played him out a few times during that press tour. You're oblivious if you don't see that.

He's ready to tap that straight up moving forward Khabib.

IF he shows up. My money is Conor gets another late replacement.
Forward moving? Dudes stand up is defensive as fuck,he's always looking to move back with his hand up, problem is he has his chin up too though so meh.

Are you kidding?! Conor single handedly carried that PPV. He is the reason casual fans, as well as boxing fans bought that fight. you think if Floyd was fighting ANYONE ELSE with zero pro fights, it would have done the same in PPV buys? Thats crazy

Your mistaken my friend...

Floyd is the A side in that fight...

As popular as Conor is with MMA fans and his weird cult-like manbase. Floyd is one of the most famous boxers to ever exist!

I think you are blinded by your nuthugger syndrome...
giphy.gif
They both brought the numbers. Conor with the casual nutthugger that actually believed he'd beat Floyd. One's that have probably never watched boxing. Floyd also with a lot of haters, hoping he'd lose. A real boxing fan would never want to see that clown show. Conor pushed hard for that match and talked shit, and people bought into it.
Floyd was the A side. If conor fought someone else he would never made what he did, whatever that was. Floyd for matter might not have either, but probably close.
Conor was probably at the time the onlyy one who could get that fight and sell it. Fortunately and unfortunately.

Casual fans are what generate combat sports big pay days. The hardcore fans will always watch/buy
I agree for the most part, but Casuals only for certain fighters though.
Hardcores, not much though. If it's a crap card, harcores won't buy, some if they want to see a couple of the fights. Casuals won't know who the fuck any of those guys are.

<36>
You missed my point entirely.

Floyd’s PPV drawing power wasn’t even half of what Conor was selling the last 3 years.

<36>

How many PPV cards did floyd headline to reach 8, now count up conor, report back when done.

Lmfaooo, Floyd destroyed Conor at the press conferences even when Conor had the crowd with him 3 times.

Then he proceeds to destroy him in the ring and give him brain damage.

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

Floyd took his soul.
Floyd fans are more fuckin retarded than Conor fans

You missed my point entirely.

Floyd’s PPV drawing power wasn’t even half of what Conor was selling the last 3 years.
Floyd sold 4.6M ppvs on one night with Manny. That's the number of all Conor's ppvs in the ufc dummy

Back