Mr Coker, it's time for a MW tournament

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm okay with Melvin getting a shot since there are no real contenders at MW and it should be a fun fight but since the MW division in general is pretty crazy with no clear contender...you know what that means coker...Tournament! Do it! For the next contender. Bellator MW Tournament 2016: Let Them Bang!

Schilling
Leben
Grove
Kato
Doug Marshall
Ward?
Brian Rogers?
Beltran?

this would be the tournament of KOs. am i missing anyone?

I'm okay with Melvin getting a shot since there are no real contenders at MW and it should be a fun fight but since the MW division in general is pretty crazy with no clear contender...you know what that means coker...Tournament! Do it! For the next contender. Bellator MW Tournament 2016: Let Them Bang!

Schilling
Leben
Grove
Kato
Doug Marshall
Ward?
Brian Rogers?
Beltran?

Not a fan of tournaments, for exactly the reason King Mo never fought Phil Davis. I am way more interested in seeing fighters fresh than after they have already fought someone.

Schilling
Leben
Grove
Kato
Doug Marshall
Ward?
Brian Rogers?
Beltran?

Im ok with a tournament in this case but guys as Brian Rogers (6 losses in Bellator already) 40 years old Marshall, Beltran...still as contenders is pretty lame.
Bellator urgently needs new breed for its MW division. They could take up and comers from Europe as One and Rizin have been doing with good results.
By the way, Brian Rogers is fighting Alessio Sakara in April

Not a fan of tournaments, for exactly the reason King Mo never fought Phil Davis. I am way more interested in seeing fighters fresh than after they have already fought someone.
yeah thats the biggest problem with tournaments. my solution would be to have a separate 4-man tournament of replacement fighters on the undercard in case someone gets hurt, that way they have plenty of fighters just in case and the replacement fighter will have earned their spot with a win

I like it. You missed/forgot Halsey

It doesn't have to be a one-night tournament.

Bellator built themselves off of tournaments, and they didn't run into many issues, until they did a one-night tournament

It doesn't have to be a one-night tournament.

Bellator built themselves off of tournaments, and they didn't run into many issues, until they did a one-night tournament
I agree. It is better if they have time to recover.

Im ok with a tournament in this case but guys as Brian Rogers (6 losses in Bellator already) 40 years old Marshall, Beltran...still as contenders is pretty lame.
Bellator urgently needs new breed for its MW division. They could take up and comers from Europe as One and Rizin have been doing with good results.
By the way, Brian Rogers is fighting Alessio Sakara in April
yeah the MW division is shallow, they should probably put in some new young blood, those fighters were just suggestions to show how fun and crazy a MW tourney could be with all the possibility of KOs. one of the best parts of tournaments are the upsets and creating new stars from prospects so im all for signing new guys to shake up the division

No need for 8 man tournament, they dont have 2 good MW, forget trying to find 8.

Since div is shit anyway might as well go all out.

Leben, Halsey, Grove and Schilling

I know it would never happen, but I hope it's a one night tournament!

Halsey isn't likely to come back to MW, thought I think he would annihilate anybody listed in the OP. He beats Carvalho 9 times out of 10.

Same here, tournaments are usually a mess in MMA and can be contender-killers if done incorrectly.

I think a 4 man tournament would be a better idea. 8 man tourney would kill off too many contenders in a division that already lacks contenders.

They got next 2 contenders lined up in Manhoef then Grove they dont really need a tournament the champ has enough to stay busy for rest of year. They need to get a few fighters to put together a winning streak most of the fighters are coming off loses they would need to get em atleast one win each to put em in a tournament.

Good to hear. They need to get Halsey in this so he should be on the list.

You could throw Chris Harris and Julian Márquez in the mix. They had an epic scrap Friday night, both looked like stud.

I hope Coker keeps both

Call me crazy but Grove is gonna take that MW belt if he fought how he did Friday. He showed confidence and technique in his striking and at 6'6" he could be a beast in this divison.

Back