Movsar Evloev put on a CC ("Caucasian Clinic") on saturday

why the fuck he's not going down to 135
the dude is undersized for this division

What an absurd comparison.

It's you who should be watching something else. Wrestling is the strongest and most effective martial art and the best base for any competitor within the Sport.

If you aren't interested in understanding the nuances affiliated with high level grappling then just fuck off, this sport isn't for you and you can waste your time elsewhere. It's not going to change for obtuse sensibilities.
I think there was only one competitor on the main card Saturday that had a wrestling base.

I think his strategy was that he did not want to strike with him. The danger is how tiring it is vs how good his cardio is for constant wrestling pressure.

Eventually you meet someone that will force you to strike with him. Eastern Europeans have some good wrestling but over time it will be figured out. I remember when BJJ was the best and you never thought at that time it will lose its dominance.
It won't be "figured out", because to "figure it out" you have to train years and years and years. There are no "secret techniques" to "Eastern European wrestling", there's just a very strong school of wrestling with its effective teaching methodologies and an emphasis on training kids rigorously from an early age. To "figure it out" you have to train harder, longer and smarter which is impossible for athletes coming from countries with no strong national wrestling program. If you don't have a very strong wrestling background and years upon years of training wrestling, you cannot just spend a couple of months in a training camp and suddenly acquire the magical ability to stop takedowns of a lifelong wrestler, be they Russian or American or whatever.

And the problem with BJJ is the fact that BJJ fighters have garbage takedowns most of the time, not their ability to actually fight on the ground.

Evloev robbed Barzola. I think he will have great difficulty if he ever meets someone with good striking who can stuff his takedowns.

It won't be "figured out", because to "figure it out" you have to train years and years and years. There are no "secret techniques" to "Eastern European wrestling", there's just a very strong school of wrestling with its effective teaching methodologies and an emphasis on training kids rigorously from an early age. To "figure it out" you have to train harder, longer and smarter which is impossible for athletes coming from countries with no strong national wrestling program. If you don't have a very strong wrestling background and years upon years of training wrestling, you cannot just spend a couple of months in a training camp and suddenly acquire the magical ability to stop takedowns of a lifelong wrestler, be they Russian or American or whatever.

And the problem with BJJ is the fact that BJJ fighters have garbage takedowns most of the time, not their ability to actually fight on the ground.

I am not sure I agree with that statement. America has a very strong wrestling tradition, too. Yet they pale in comparison to Caucasian style of wrestling. And I find that it looks very different in mma.

It would really suck to be both morally bankrupt and stupid but TS has that covered.

^^^^ rent-free.
Dude has been unhinged by Kadyrov since he read my posts, lmfao.
While at the same time supporting worse dictators, like a good american.

You kinda give the reason in your post.

“Oh wow, yet another random dude from the Caucasus with suffocating wrestling.”

it’s not new or exciting. We’ve got other Caucasian wrestlers (Islam and Khamzat) who have more hype than him anyways, and so he kinda flies under the radar because it’s just expected anyone from that region will ragdoll people.

Obligatory
giphy.webp

I think he is small for 145. He isn't going to beat the top guys (if he does) by grappling with them, he just doesn't have the mass.

I think there are some things fighters can do to deal with wrestling without necessarily having that background. José Aldo and Nova União guys stuffed TDs from experienced wrestler for years. You can not figure it out like there is some kind of secret that will allow everybody to beat this style handly in the future, but I think you can beat then with the right skillset.

I think he is small for 145. He isn't going to beat the top guys (if he does) by grappling with them, he just doesn't have the mass.
I don't think he is small for 145. Did you see the size of his legs? He also has a pretty low body fat. Yes he is fairly stocky but he carries a lot of muscle mass.

Evolev is a lean well muscled guy with a lot of strength and thick limbs and torso.h What makes you think that he is able to cut down to the weight of a small child?

It amazes me how so many mma fans seem to think that people who train and have rigorous strength and conditioning programs can weigh next to nothing

Evolev is a lean well muscled guy with a lot of strength and thick limbs and torso.h What makes you think that he is able to cut down to the weight of a small child?
Although it was a few years ago, he was the 135 champion in M1 before he was signed

Although it was a few years ago, he was the 135 champion in M1 before he was signed
Yeah, you're right, but then he was about 24. We have to take into account that people put on natural mass as they age. If he had any intention of fighting at bantamweight then presumably he wouldn't have started his ufc career at featherweight and fought 5 times so far.

Dwodu can only last that long until he ran into a great wrestler...and he did last Saturday...he looked helpless on the ground...

Back