Movsar Evloev put on a CC ("Caucasian Clinic") on saturday

........but why aren't we talking about this? Relentless takedowns and cage wrestling, back and ground control, completely overpowering the apanyent the whole fight, mastery in transitional positions. Very similar to the Khabib approach to fighting, btw.

Nobody was impressed by yet another Caucasian Clinic? What is it about the wrestling in that region that makes it so superior? BTW Movsar is from Ingushetia (not Dagestan) so it is not only a Dagestani thing.
Just watched the match right now on Ufc fight pass. You're right he is absolutely superb. Hakeem Mean Dawwoodu is no slouch, I had him as a potential future contender for the title at Featherweight. Movsar basically ragdolled him like an amateur. I have never seen Hakim get made to look like an amateur. Movsar can definitely go undefeated and win the title. He can beat Volkanovski. There is definitely levels to this.

We aren’t talking about this because it was boring as fuck. Nobody wants to watch that shit. This isn’t the Ultimate Wrestling Championship.
You smoking something? That wasn't boring at all. Even the commentators mentioned the Hakim is an excellent fighter, and the way Movsar dominated him, it was on another level.

Caucasian clinic?!? Pfft.

So Izzy, Francis and Usman era should be called….African Domination, or Era of Black Kings

Because race should be glorified and attributed in anyone’s success…according to you

Not sure if serious. Caucasian as in using the distinctive wrestling approach from that region. There is absolutely nothing african about the way these Africans fight.

Dawodu was close in that third round, he had the striking advantage, almost had him.

It was starting to look like "if this was a 5-rounder, Dawodu would've beaten him" type fight. I'll never understand these MMA fans that jerk themselves off over fighters who just spam takedowns and lay on their opponents.

Movsar is a Greco-Roman wrestler, always fun to watch those guys perform high amplitude upper body throws and he did not disappoint.
Greco? I wouldn't have known. I really thought it was the typical hybrid of freestyle and sambo.

So Izzy, Francis and Usman era should be called….African Domination, or Era of Black Kings

Because race should be glorified and attributed in anyone’s success…according to you
According to THEM it already is lol.

They don't waste a single opportunity to plug fuckin' Africa all day. Matter a fact it's even fuckin worse than that cause none of them train in or are a byproduct of African MMA. Dricus Du Plessis has a greater claim to being an African MMA fighter.

I mean at least the Caucasian fighters actually train in and are a byproduct of Caucasian wrestling in Chechnya and Dagestan respectively. "Caucasian Clinic" is at least accurate to what is on display when they fight.

Not sure if serious. Caucasian as in using the distinctive wrestling approach from that region. There is absolutely nothing african about the way these Africans fight.

Africans for the most part, fight with a high level of Strength, muscle and body coordination/rhythm.

I’ll think of some names.

Last edited:
Wrestler's would have way more of an advantage in a fight if there were no rules. like headbutts and kneeing to the head.

This 100%.

Wrestling gets nerfed the hardest with the Unified Rules in North America. Knees to the head of a grounded opponent would see a dramatic shift towards highly aggressive guard passing to get into an offensive position to knee.

Too much is being made of evolev getting stung in the third. Listen to his corner at the end of the 2nd. They told him that he had the fight in the bag and instructed him to cruise and exert less energy, hence he stood up with Hakeem until he got hit and then took it to the ground when it was clear that keeping it standing wasn't a good idea.

Greco? I wouldn't have known. I really thought it was the typical hybrid of freestyle and sambo.
Yeah, he was a candidate to become a master of sports in Greco, but as I understand he never got the title of master of sports. Also, check this out:

Yevloyev lost 5 times in wrestling to the same wrestler. He then left to fight for faith in Syria and died
- You fought 5 times in the final of the Ingushetia championship in Greco-Roman wrestling and lost 5 times to the same wrestler. What kind of guy was that?

- Unfortunately, now this guy is not alive. His name was Adam Maisigov. A very good and strong athlete. He did a good result in both Greco-Roman and freestyle, but, alas, he could not continue.

- What happened to him?

I would not like to talk about it. (According to the Komsomolskaya Pravda investigation, Adam Maisigov was recruited by terrorists in his second year of study at the Novosibirsk Olympic Reserve College and went to Syria to " fight for the faith " , where he was later killed - comment " SE " ).

Found this piece of info while googling for some of his interviews. Dayum, what a story o_O

Africans for the most part, fight with a high level of Strength, muscle and body coordination/rhythm.

I’ll think of some name.

You bitch about the use of "Caucasian Clinic" and then make a comment like this?

Who's the one adhering to racial glorification and attributing it to their success now? I guess it's only acceptable to you when applicable to Africans.

Clearly you didn't even understand the usage of "Caucasian" here either.

Chill, there's nothing racial intended. Caucasian can refer to white people in general or to people from the Caucasus mountain region (Chechnya, Dagestan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Ingushia, Georgia). He meant the latter as these countries have a strong wrestling tradition.

........but why aren't we talking about this? Relentless takedowns and cage wrestling, back and ground control, completely overpowering the apanyent the whole fight, mastery in transitional positions. Very similar to the Khabib approach to fighting, btw.

Nobody was impressed by yet another Caucasian Clinic? What is it about the wrestling in that region that makes it so superior? BTW Movsar is from Ingushetia (not Dagestan) so it is not only a Dagestani thing.

I think he suffered a Leon Edwards type fate where he was dominating until the last round and nearly lost which is unfortunately what people will remember.

I’ll think of some name.

LMFAO the 3 Africans you named literally have the most opposite styles of fighting.

It was starting to look like "if this was a 5-rounder, Dawodu would've beaten him" type fight. I'll never understand these MMA fans that jerk themselves off over fighters who just spam takedowns and lay on their opponents.

I think his strategy was that he did not want to strike with him. The danger is how tiring it is vs how good his cardio is for constant wrestling pressure.

Eventually you meet someone that will force you to strike with him. Eastern Europeans have some good wrestling but over time it will be figured out. I remember when BJJ was the best and you never thought at that time it will lose its dominance.

We aren’t talking about this because it was boring as fuck. Nobody wants to watch that shit. This isn’t the Ultimate Wrestling Championship.

Lmao here’s our daily “hey guys I’m retarded” take from templeofthedogshit

It was impressive but to most casual fans it wasn't exciting thats why no ones talking about it. Evolev is most definitely a problem for anyone at FW though, potential future champion I think.

You bitch about the use of "Caucasian Clinic" and then make a comment like this?

Who's the one adhering to racial glorification and attributing it to their success now? I guess it's only acceptable to you when applicable to Africans.

Clearly you didn't even understand the usage of "Caucasian" here either.

<YeahOKJen>

I think you think I’m going to get mad like a caveman and be brought down to your level?! Your post shows your level of intelligence and I will NOT bite.

<DisgustingHHH>

Back