Movsar Evloev put on a CC ("Caucasian Clinic") on saturday

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
........but why aren't we talking about this? Relentless takedowns and cage wrestling, back and ground control, completely overpowering the apanyent the whole fight, mastery in transitional positions. Very similar to the Khabib approach to fighting, btw.

Nobody was impressed by yet another Caucasian Clinic? What is it about the wrestling in that region that makes it so superior? BTW Movsar is from Ingushetia (not Dagestan) so it is not only a Dagestani thing.

I mean you said it yourself already. There's about 1000 threads on Sherdog about the wrestling culture of the caucuses. I just think we're seeing a ton of high level wrestlers from that area come into MMA because there's no money on the international wrestling scene except for the very top few and the olympics.

I think it's because he decided he wanted to be a striker in round 3 and got rocked.
In my book that makes him even more impressive in the sense that he was in a bit of trouble but handled it like a warrior and came back from that adversity. He still managed to toss Dawodu around like a bag of shit after that.

In my book that makes him even more impressive in the sense that he was in a bit of trouble but handled it like a warrior and came back from that adversity. He still managed to toss Dawodu around like a bag of shit after that.

I really like him and I also rate Dawodu highly so was impressed he did that to him, but that's why I think people aren't hyping him so much.

I think the other reason is he's not really a finisher.

I really like him and I also rate Dawodu highly so was impressed he did that to him, but that's why I think people aren't hyping him so much.

I think the other reason is he's not really a finisher.
That's true. I don't think that he has natural power in his hand and his striking will always be sort of sluggish. That and he is much more of a control fighter than a submission fighter. So very effective to win on points, but I assume that he has a ceiling.

I mean you said it yourself already. There's about 1000 threads on Sherdog about the wrestling culture of the caucuses. I just think we're seeing a ton of high level wrestlers from that area come into MMA because there's no money on the international wrestling scene except for the very top few and the olympics.

Dawodu was close in that third round, he had the striking advantage, almost had him.

Yeah many levels to this game. MMA has evolved in the States. It will also evolve with the world. All the different aspects to the game will be learned over time and it will just be MMA of the world. We are seeing what works and does not work but the rules limit that too.

It was a great performance against an elite opponent. Would have helped his stock more if he got the finish.

I rather watch a wrestling clinic than two DWCS alumnis throwing haymakers without technique and gassing after two minutes.
To each their own. But, I bet more people agree with me than not.

It was awful. Dawodu should have gotten a more entertaining opponent

I enjoy watching dominant wrestling.
Great. Is WWE still a thing? You can watch all the useless shit you want over there. At least there is some kind of back and forth over there. In the UFC that is just fucking boringly brutal to watch.

Great. Is WWE still a thing? You can watch all the useless shit you want over there. At least there is some kind of back and forth over there. In the UFC that is just fucking boringly brutal to watch.
What an absurd comparison.

It's you who should be watching something else. Wrestling is the strongest and most effective martial art and the best base for any competitor within the Sport.

If you aren't interested in understanding the nuances affiliated with high level grappling then just fuck off, this sport isn't for you and you can waste your time elsewhere. It's not going to change for obtuse sensibilities.

Settle down. He won a 29-28 over Dawodu (who has limited grappling abilities) and almost got finished in the 3rd round where hakeem landed cleanly several times. Evloev clearly is a very good wrestler and will be a tough test for a lot of fighters, but he doesn't have a single finish in his 5 UFC wins. If he can't finish low level guys like Seung Woo Choi or Mike Grundy, and goes back and forth in a close split decision with the ghost of Nik Lentz, it's hard to imagine him being a legit top contender. He'll definitely need to develop a striking game. His wrestling is for sure impressive though.

Movsar is a Greco-Roman wrestler, always fun to watch those guys perform high amplitude upper body throws and he did not disappoint.

Caucasian clinic?!? Pfft.

So Izzy, Francis and Usman era should be called….African Domination, or Era of Black Kings

Because race should be glorified and attributed in anyone’s success…according to you

Back