Moving to Houma, Know any camps there?

Onericali

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've been taking private standup lessons for a year a few times a week, but haven't done any ground fighting. I'm moving to Houma Louisiana in a few days, and I want to start training the ground.

Do yall know any good camps there or anyone that trains or has trained there?

If you know anything please let me know.

Thank ya.

Evolution Jiu Jitsu

The instructor is Ernest "Waffle" Ellender, black belt under Dave Camarillo. He is a very articulate instructor, breaks down moves very well and really emphasizes technique above all else.

I'm hoping to get a chance to train with him on an extended basis in the near future.

Waffle is awesome. Plus, they just moved into a new gym last weekend that's about twice the size (or more) of their last place. One of his students, Scotty, comes to our open mats every few weeks. Great group of guys all around.

There's another gym in the Houma area called "BlackList BJJ" that's run by Derrick Breaux, a brown belt under Tim Credeur. Another solid gym with a great group of people. He trains at our gym every now and then too.

Can't go wrong with either place in my opinion.

The one thing about gyms down here in south Louisiana is that there's none of that bull rivalry machismo crap you hear about in some other places. Everybody cross trains with everyone else even though we're all under different instructors / lineages.

Wow thats really cool leiff and Jason.

Awesome! I shall be there soon. I move Saturday.

My names Adam maybe I'll see yall there some day.

I'll start with Ev and maybe check out Blacklist.

Thanks a lot yall.

Definitely excited to add some ground to my training. :D

Back