Moving to Brazil Part II

Great stuff!

Congrats to all the fighters! I remember Carlos fighting at our grappling tournament this year...

It is crazy to me how much Igor looks like a young Fedor, almost the same face...

Oh and hope you have a quick recovery with your knee. Take it easy when you return, seen that too often that people jump back into hard training too early!

Funny coincidence but one of my instructors down in Brazil right now was at those fights as well Gerbil, he threw a bunch of pictures up on facebook that have you/Igor etc in them.

. Note the blood on his face and remember that it is not his.

SAM_2141.jpg

l

War Igor!

I'm a fan!

*The Pascal fight was not broadcast on the Spike TV broadcast.
Kris McCray had Rocha's back but left his leg which Rocha took for the knee bar.

Igor definitely seems like an interesting character who approaches fighting in the same manner most people would approach a mundane task like tying their shoes.

That said, why do so many Russians have that dead pan, ice stare.

Igor definitely seems like an interesting character who approaches fighting in the same manner most people would approach a mundane task like tying their shoes.

Igor is indeed a beast. I've often wondered the same thing about the Russian death stare. Igor says that people dont smile nearly as much in Russia. Maybe it's because of the weather?

Its cultural and environmental in my opinion. Lots of people will say that Germans/Russians/ Nordic people are cold. Then you go to tropical places and the general consensus is that people are "warm." This is something I hear all the that.

Part of it is culture but a lot of that culture developed from living in a cold climate for the past 10,000 years.

what is there to smile about?

nah I have been to Russia, people are pretty friendly, but then again I am from Sweden

I was having a conversation with one of my Slavik professors in college. I mentioned that I didn't think my second year Russian teacher liked me. He said that she liked me, but that she was, "just Russian". That's the best way I can explain it. It's a thing cultural I guess. They're nice, but they don't go around smiling. There is quite a big Russian population where I live now. The only type of Russians I've seen smile are from St. Petersburg.

I was having a conversation with one of my Slavik professors in college. I mentioned that I didn't think my second year Russian teacher liked me. He said that she liked me, but that she was, "just Russian". That's the best way I can explain it. It's a thing cultural I guess. They're nice, but they don't go around smiling. There is quite a big Russian population where I live now. The only type of Russians I've seen smile are from St. Petersburg.

that is where I spent most time:D

Could be the result of the communist regime.

Might have been better to show no emotion rather than look at someone funny and suffer the wrath of Stalin.

Russia might have been different before communism (back in the day of the Tsar).

when i saw the other thread being locked, i went :(

but then i quickly found this thread and went :D

thanks for keeping this going gerbil

Thats awesome you got to meet JDS!

Now I am a fan of Igor he sounds like a beast!

I have a semi on topic question. How long does it take for an american to clear customs? I am going to rio in a few months, but I have to make a stop in sao paulo, go through customs, and whatever else goes on at the airport and hop on another flight to rio.

I land in sao paulo at 11, the flight to rio leaves at 1p... Will that be enough time to make it through the airport/customs?

I don't think it's gonna be a problem. I went through customs at Sao Paulo and boarded a flight to Rio in a similar time frame. The longest part was getting my luggage before going to customs, but even that wasn't too bad. Two hours is more than enough time. BTW, I'm Canadian but it should still be pretty similar.

I have a semi on topic question. How long does it take for an american to clear customs? I am going to rio in a few months, but I have to make a stop in sao paulo, go through customs, and whatever else goes on at the airport and hop on another flight to rio.

I land in sao paulo at 11, the flight to rio leaves at 1p... Will that be enough time to make it through the airport/customs?

Like Dammit said it shouldnt be a problem. The longest part should be getting your baggage but if you get selected as one of the people to go through your bags then you could be there a little longer. Both of the times that I've gone through customs in Brazil (and Megan when she came to visit me) I was not checked.

If they do stop you make sure that you let them know you have a connecting flight and it shouldnt be a problem.

Could be the result of the communist regime.

Might have been better to show no emotion rather than look at someone funny and suffer the wrath of Stalin.

Russia might have been different before communism (back in the day of the Tsar).

the West Germans that I have met have acted as miserable as their former-east Germans compatriots

The Chinese at school always looks happy, but then again they are not in China anymore

(Post 1/2)

I know the weather in tropical climates can change quickly, but the weather in Rio is ridiculous. I would hate to be a weather forecaster here, although I have to assume that they are not held to any sort of accuracy. The weather has been so different day to day that it's making planning activities difficult. We started the week off with rain, then went to sunshine, then back to rain, then to sunshine. With all the mountains that we have in this area you can't even see the clouds coming. So one moment the sun is out and we're enjoying life, the next we're running to grab all our kimonos off the laundry lines so they don

(post 2/2)

Changing Subjects

The new subject is attack helicopters and the simple question

if it is attackchoppers then surely they don't have room for cops that can repel?

Back