Movies with an antagonist/villian wanting anarchy

2egBK.gif

Tyler Durden but even he would admit the end result would be clustered tribes that would eventually form small city-states that would turn into nations.

I am in search for stuff similar to The Rock(1996) or Swordfish(2001). If you have a force assembled for good combating a fair government it still equates to anarchy.

The Rock
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0117500/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

I'm pretty sure Ed Harris wanted the families of dead soldiers be paid from the money earned from backroom weapon deals. Then the guys who took over just wanted the money. Anarchy? Me thinks not.

The Warriors. Whole movie comes down to the leader of one small gang who ‘Just likes doing stuff’...

I'm pretty sure Ed Harris wanted the families of dead soldiers be paid from the money earned from backroom weapon deals. Then the guys who took over just wanted the money. Anarchy? Me thinks not.

Did you forget the part where the SEALs were sent to defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic? I just didn’t think the Harris character had a good enough reason to break the law and steal the warheads from the secure bunker in the first place. If Harris wanted reparation there were plenty of other ways to seek justice. I am glad Connery owned him in their face-to-face squabble.

Did you forget the part where the SEALs were sent to defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic? I just didn’t think the Harris character had a good enough reason to break the law and steal the warheads from the secure bunker in the first place. If Harris wanted reparation there were plenty of other ways to seek justice. I am glad Connery owned him in their face-to-face squabble.

But that wouldn't equate to wanting anarchy as the goal. They weren't trying to break down the government.

Unless you're saying that doing anything against the law equates to having anarchy as the goal. In broad of a definition then a ton of movies would have villains that wanted "anarchy."

TS: Asks for movies where the villains’ goals are causing anarchy

Also TS: lists two movies where the villains’ goals were MONEY

{<huh}

If Harris actually wanted anarchy, he would not have been bluffing and would have fired the rockets. But he was bluffing the whole time to the end that he would get the government to pay the families of dead soldiers.

heard there was a bit of trouble in little china awhile back. Jump aboard the Porkchop Express for a one way ticket to the most crazy thing you have ever seen and make sure to stop at the mexican resaurant along the way because their tacos are delicious while watching game of thrones and looking out the rearview at a city you are miles away from but still is right in front of your eyes because you are Jack Burton, travelling badass.

Back