Movies that you wished there were sequel[s] to?

Mr. Brooks

MV5BMTQyNTk5MTMxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc0ODI1NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Some of you are only thinking of the spectacle of the movie rather than its world.

I must be getting old because in my world this movie is about Ferris Bueller and a monkey.

Only thing i thought of as well.

You actually liked it? Not saying I don't the contrary, I did. Just don't see many people on here liking it.

Yep. I thought it had the right mix of camp and over the top action. IDK what other folks were expecting, but I got exactly what I signed up for. Not a top 10 movie by any stretch of the imagination but much dumber movies get sequel after sequel.

Does a prequel count? If so then a Valhalla Rising prequel would be awesome.

Interesting, another Mads Mikkelsen film that I haven't seen. But considering the film name is "Rising" doesn't it already means it's the beginning of something? Sort of like Hannibal Rising.

Considering the film is based on mythology, I will probably catch it when I have time as well. That makes it 2 or 3 films I'm going to watch from this thread.

You should, it's a great movie. I don't wanna spoil too much about it but I don't see it as a beginning of anything :icon_chee
It's not based on mythology so much as it uses the iconography of epic poetry. It's also narratively difficult to follow. Not at lot of talking.

It depicts Nicolas Winding Refn's recurrent eternal warrior, characterized by One-Eye in VALHALLA, the Driver in DRIVE, and the retired Police Chief in ONLY GOD FORGIVES. Same character.

They have a great setup for a second one, just need to do it.

Master_And_Commander-006.jpg

That's a good one. I know they were hoping to do sequels but it didn't make enough money. I want to read the books.

Man, I love Age of Sail novels and thought M&C was great but I don't see too many people getting into the genre. If you want to read nautical fiction, I'd recommend you start with the Horatio Hornblower series instead, the Aubrey-Maturin series, tho.

Can never have enough Crank movies

Refn's take on it is it's the same character, but to the audience it feels more like an archetype because the films aren't connected otherwise. But he says it's the same character.

They have a great setup for a second one, just need to do it.

Master_And_Commander-006.jpg

Great choice. If they'd announce they'd make a sequel to this I'd feel all warm and tingly inside.

Yep. I thought it had the right mix of camp and over the top action. IDK what other folks were expecting, but I got exactly what I signed up for. Not a top 10 movie by any stretch of the imagination but much dumber movies get sequel after sequel.

That's my opinion too. I always scratch my head when someone uses this to exemplify a "right in the childhood"-sentiment.

Man, I love Age of Sail novels and thought M&C was great but I don't see too many people getting into the genre. If you want to read nautical fiction, I'd recommend you start with the Horatio Hornblower series instead, the Aubrey-Maturin series, tho.

I might do this in the future. Hornblower is one of my all time favorite shows.

I have not read Hornblower but have heard of it. Wasn't there a TV series or movie or something on Hornblower?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back