Movies that you wished there were sequel[s] to?

5crew

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Movie threads keep popping out this few weeks and so I thought I made one myself too, hope it's kind of original.

So, what are some movies that DON'T have a sequel planned but you hope that there is a tiny chance it would in future? Preferably mention those films that are over 5 years.

EDIT:
Preferably, do a simple intro to the last film and why you hope there is a sequel. :)

I have been bored by action/horror films the past few months, so I keep looking into Comedies genre for new films to keep myself occupied. I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy less than 3 months ago and just rewatched it 5mins ago again.

It's funny, weird, bizarre at the same time. Pretty good time burner imo. And seeing that there were multiple sequels in novel forms, I'm curious why there isn't a sequel to that. Probably didn't do so well for the 2005 film.

Dredd67.jpg

..... yeah!

And oddly enough to some I actually really liked the Doom movie and would've liked a sequel to that as well but a snowflakes chance in hell of that happening after the miserable flop it was.

Edit; just thought of another rather obscure choice; HK kung fu live action manga flick Dragon Tiger Gate starring Donnie Yen. Loved the original, really silly but amazingly well choreographed and great fun so a sequel would've been nice I guess.

Last edited:
Dredd67.jpg

..... yeah!

This. Probably never gonna happen though. :icon_sad:

I've only seen the Stallone version and not the one few years back. Heard it was good, but not an genre that interests me to watch it. Just like I haven't watched Mad Max: Fury Road despite the huge hype after released and so many compliment on it here in Mayberry. Just wiki-ed Dredd... It didn't do well in the box office for a possibility of a sequel. It's sad that every single film need to gross over 500m for them to consider planning an immediate sequel nowadays.

I have been bored by action/horror films the past few months, so I keep looking into Comedies genre for new films to keep myself occupied. I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy less than 3 months ago and just rewatched it 5mins ago again.

It's funny, weird, bizarre at the same time. Pretty good time burner imo. And seeing that there were multiple sequels in novel forms, I'm curious why there isn't a sequel to that. Probably didn't do so well for the 2005 film.
I think mostly because the absolutely butchered the original stories and borrowed elements from the different books to make that one film. I can see how it can be a fun movie for someone who hasn't read the books, but it was an atrocity of a film for people that have.

That being said, I wouldn't want them to make a sequel to that movie, but a reboot would be really cool.

Napoleon Dynamite
The Bad News Bears (2005 with Billy Bob Thornton)

Didn't it ended after the 7th or 8th film? You want more? ^^

I think mostly because the absolutely butchered the original stories and borrowed elements from the different books to make that one film. I can see how it can be a fun movie for someone who hasn't read the books, but it was an atrocity of a film for people that have.

That being said, I wouldn't want them to make a sequel to that movie, but a reboot would be really cool.

I read about this previously. Many novel readers was not satisfied by the film but really there are very few films that really gain the praise of majority of the readers fans.

Why a reboot though? They could just continue with the story for Restaurant at the end of the galaxy and follow more closely to the novel. I personally dislike reboots unless it's like 20+ 30 years down the route.

Napoleon Dynamite
The Bad News Bears (2005 with Billy Bob Thornton)

lol.. I knew this would come up eventually but didn't expect it to be so fast. Sad as it may be, there is almost zero chance of Napoleon Dynamite 2. The brilliance of the film is all in that one film. Just rewatch it. :)

Never heard of The Bad News Bears, considering it's comedy, it might just be added to my watchlist somewhere down the road.

lol. saw. that's the joke.

Step brothers
Blood in blood out
Superbad
Sequel to beerfest
They live (RIP to Roddy)
Remake The Warriors
Could go on for days...

RocknRolla, another of Guy Ritchie's London gangster film. Maybe not considered as good as Snatch or Lockstock, but I actually prefer it to those. Great cast in Gerard Butler, Mark Strong, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, and whats-her-face.

There was originally supposed to be a sequel. This was explicitly stated in the credits, actually. But then Guy Ritchie made Sherlock Holmes, and the demand for sequels for that franchise has kept him too busy.

If it hadn't been for that promise of a sequel, I would be content. But Guy Ritchie had to tease me, and now I'm left wondering, what if?

Big trouble in little china

Interesting that quite a number of films posted til now are comedies. I guess we all need a good laugh.

Big trouble in little china

I just googled it.. Remake coming soon in 2016. IF YOU SMELL~~~~ LALALA~~

Never heard of The Bad News Bears, considering it's comedy, it might just be added to my watchlist somewhere down the road.

Watch the original movies, not the 2005 version.

Back