Movies and shows that need to be cleaned up

OverCoronavirus Pressure

Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit.
Banned
Reaction score
In this glorious day of huge ultra high def flatscreen yadda, many of our older favorites look like hot shit.

Infamously among ST fans, the series haven't aged well. There was a tentative plan to remaster DS9 at some point. The episodes are grainy and shitty.

I really like the original series re-do, cleaner and the bad old studio opticals are replaced by better looking art. Exteriors, establishing shots.

What do you wish would be, can't believe hasn't been made sparkly ?

The Big Lebowski and Tremors need better blu rays/4ks.

Really want Tremors in my collection but it looks like ass on blu ray. Its on Netflix right now you can see for yourself how bad the "HD" transfer is.

The Big Lebowski also looks like ass on blu ray.

Both of these movies have been DNR'd to the point where they barely look like they were shot on film. When you scrub away the grain on film it does irreperable harm.

I love film grain and prefer it be left intact. A good recent example is The Lighthouse. They shot on film and it looks just like the old grainy Universal horror movies of the '30's - perfect!

Huh. Spell out your shows or movies you lazy bum.

On a similar note, id like them to remake Resident Evil. Literally none of them are any good. That 1st one is the epitome of cheese.

Logan's Run is a candidate, but I find its look and effects charming.

The old Fahrenheit 451 maybe. The Birds.

It might not be a bad idea to get Robert DeNiro to step in as Sonny Corleone and fix that fight scene in Godfather 1 before he gets too old.
bU1FOAi.gif

I just noticed Hallmark Channel has original Magnum P.I. in widescreen and didn't look bad, but curious if they cropped out anything good or added extra stuff on the sides.

Bullshit

Great, classic movies cant be improved by adding shiny visuals.

Likewise, most modern films look good but are boring shite.

Cos of crap scripts, stories, acting and direction.

You kids dont what makes a great movie.

Back