Movie quotes that nail a truth about life

Not sure of exact wording, but this is pretty close

A man who doesn’t spend time with his family, is not a man
Don Corleone In The Godfather

"What do I have to do for you? Peggy, tell me. You were my secretary, now you have an office and a job a lot of full-grown men would kill for. Every time I turn around you've got your hand in my pocket. You want a raise. You want this account. Put your nose down and pay attention to your work, because there's not one thing you've done here that I couldn't live without.

You're good.
Get better.
Stop asking for things.

...and close the door."

"The more you carry, the quicker you get tired, the sooner you die." - Cannibal Holocaust

"If you're afraid of dying, and you're holdin' on, you'll see devils tearin' your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freein' you from the world.

Louis, Jacob's Ladder.

Time stamped but ends around 2:10

Pretty much exactly how I feel about having grown up and getting married and starting a family.

Brilliant, underrated movie.
Gosling was in some really interesting movies before he went on the heartthrob spree

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!

the-best-movie-lines-the-loudest-one-in-the-room-14839218.png

"The reason why I refuse to take existentialism as just another French fashion or historical curiosity, is that I think it has something very important to offer us for the new century. I'm afraid we're losing the real virtues of living life passionately in the sense of taking responsibility for who you are, the ability to make something of yourself and feeling good about life. Existentialism is often discussed as if it's a philosophy of despair, but I think the truth is just the opposite. Sartre once interviewed said, he never really felt a day of despair in his life. But one thing that comes out from reading these guys is not a sense of anguish about life so much as a real kind of exuberance, a feeling on top of it. It's like your life is yours to create. I've read the post-modernists with some interest, even admiration, but when I read them I always have this awful nagging feeling that something absolutely essential is getting left out. The more that you talk about a person as a social construction, or as a confluence of forces, or as fragmented or marginalized, what you do is you open up a whole new world of excuses. And when Sartre talks about responsibility, he's not talking about something abstract. He's not talking about the kind of self or soul that theologians would argue about. It's something very concrete. It's you and me talking, making decisions, doing things, and taking the consequences. It might be true that there are six billion people in the world, and counting. Nevertheless - what you do makes a difference. It makes a difference, first of all, in material terms. It makes a difference to other people, and it sets an example. And in short, I think the message here is that we should never simply write ourselves off and see ourselves as the victim of various forces. It's always our decision who we are"

Waking Life

“It’s better to reign in hell than serve in heaven”
Animal Factory. Originally from Dante’s inferno I think.

“A women who can be bought isn’t worth having”
Daredevil series.

“It’s better to reign in hell than serve in heaven”
Animal Factory. Originally from Dante’s inferno I think.

“A women who can be bought isn’t worth having”
Daredevil series.

Loved animal factory book.

Main character enters prison thinking he will meet smart criminals and learn to become a better one himself but encounters only idiots and mentally ill

You must believe in yourself when no one else does, like right now for instance.
- Wong

“If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball” Schindlers list.

“Live long and prosper” - Buzz Lightyear

“Dad, my teacher says real beauty is from the inside”
“That’s just something ugly people say” Liar, Liar with Jim Carrey.

"I’ve been poor my whole life, like a disease passing from generation to generation. " - Hell or High water

Growing up in poverty and living in it, i was stunned by truism of that quote. No blame , no fix just a blatant truth of American poverty.

One day you're gonna have to make a choice. You're gonna have to decide what kind of man you want to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, is gonna change the world.

Jonathan Kent to young Clark in Man of Steel. This line really hits me in regards to the potential everyone has to influence the world; maybe not the "world" as in "the planet", but somebody's world. We can either be uninvolved, make others miserable or be the reason someone believes in the good of people. And we each have to make that choice.

2775997-man-of-steel-superman-2013-quote-1.gif

Last edited:
I honestly felt like this in school, I was in such a rush to lose my virginity and to have sex, but since leaving school and growing up a little; I realize that there are much more to life than just sex; spending time with a woman etc.

Man*

Back