Movie/physical media collectors show off some of your stuff

Just showing boxsets of what I have. Only paid full price for LoTR, Spiderman, and Battlestar Galactica, got the rest on amazon during big sales.

101137064-3111267872326835-3891202991075622912-n.jpg
101192293-2707801006123269-6357838211368091648-n.jpg
101185565-584584568831559-5371685197328678912-n.jpg

This picture makes me look poor.

But this is how I do. Terminator 1 is pretty much on repeat 24 hours a day.

PS1 and PS2 are both modded.

VCR is from the 70s and it still works like a freaking champ

8M8344r.jpg
i’ve been thinking about buying a CRT tv to watch my vhs tapes on since i gave away my hdtv to a friend after i got two 4k ones. i bought a converter so i can connect my vcr to my primary 4k tv, but i haven’t tried it out yet & don’t have high expectations that it will scratch the itch that i’m looking for when i watch vhs.

i’ve been thinking about buying a CRT tv to watch my vhs tapes on since i gave away my hdtv to a friend after i got two 4k ones. i bought a converter so i can connect my vcr to my primary 4k tv, but i haven’t tried it out yet & don’t have high expectations that it will scratch the itch that i’m looking for when i watch vhs.

If you want one you better go find one soon

They are vanishing

Goodwill and Salvation Army no longer accept CRT TV since they weigh so much. This forces many people to just trash it straight up or put it on the side on the road.

Last edited:
Just showing boxsets of what I have. Only paid full price for LoTR, Spiderman, and Battlestar Galactica, got the rest on amazon during big sales.

101137064-3111267872326835-3891202991075622912-n.jpg
101192293-2707801006123269-6357838211368091648-n.jpg
101185565-584584568831559-5371685197328678912-n.jpg

Tell me, which is better

Underworld 1 vs Underworld Rise of the Lycans

I was about to post s picture of my collection... but they said it was too big

bad pun attempt, my b <_<

GKcruRz.jpg

That CD wallet also has 256 burned DVDs such as all of the Zatoichi movies, almost all the shaw brother films, etc. I have two 48 CD wallets full as well with burned boxing events (acquired prior to everything being on youtube).

Last edited:
I have to admit the above reminds me of something I picked up a few weeks ago....

If they don't ship to the US Zavvi have Angel Heart as well, I suspect HMV probably do too although I don't know if thety ship to the US or not.

Looking at the Dawn release it says the CD's and books(of which I have none, indeed only ever seen the standard cut on TV/DVD) are the bonus so my guess is even the standard release will be the 4 UHD/BR disks and will probably not be cheap. Whilst pricey that's not really bad value IMHO as its all stuff that's actually interesting, the special editions I tend to avoid are the "exclusive" stuff only certain retailers get, HMV in the UK charging £35 for JAWS on UHD rather than £20 just for a small booklet and some art cards, that's just exploiting people driven to collect for its own sake IMHO.

i need to see Relaxer. i like all of Joel Potrykus’s films. considering i’m already an established Potrykus fan, would you recommend i just go ahead & blind buy Relaxer?

This picture makes me look poor.

But this is how I do. Terminator 1 is pretty much on repeat 24 hours a day.

PS1 and PS2 are both modded.

VCR is from the 70s and it still works like a freaking champ

8M8344r.jpg
Well, it's certainly not the highest tech set-up I've ever seen & your screen's a little small for my tastes but you know what? If you're content with it & it provides you a level of entertainment that you're happy with then it's as good as any set-up with all the latest gear costing thousands of dollars. Enjoy, bro.

I was about to post s picture of my collection... but they said it was too big

bad pun attempt, my b <_<

GKcruRz.jpg

That CD wallet also has 256 burned DVDs such as all of the Zatoichi movies, almost all the shaw brother films, etc. I have two 48 CD wallets full as well with burned boxing events (acquired prior to everything being on youtube).

Very nice. I can dig it.

i need to see Relaxer. i like all of Joel Potrykus’s films. considering i’m already an established Potrykus fan, would you recommend i just go ahead & blind buy Relaxer?

If you liked Buzzard(actually included on the Anti Worlds bluray) then I'd definitely give it a try, same lead actor and quite similar in style, pushing a bit more into the surreal but not massively so and not pushing the grossout side as much as the trailer suggests either.

In other UHD news Arrow are finally moving into the market with Pitch Black in august, there releasing Flash Gordon in the US as well. I can't say the former has me massively excited although I guess it might work well with HDR plus it looks like it will be a fairly standard/affordable release. Interesting to see what does better between that and the Dawn of the Dead boxset as that might deside a lot of the future of 3rd party labels doing UHD, whilst I spose most films don't have the potential for releases quite as large as Dawn I do suspect that might be where more profit is.

My feeling is the really tasty UHD releases like The Thing or Robocop which might sell in large numbers won't be let go by the studios to 3rd parties unless there big fish like Studio Canal so it might be better to focus on more cultish stuff were you can earn a bit more from indepth releases.

I went direct to Second Sight themselves but there UK only for this release, I'm guessing the non special edition will still be the 3 UHD disks and the extra BR just minus the books and the CD's although personally the latter for me is a lot of what makes it attractive, you'd probably be paying £30 or more for less complete versions of those CD's.

Any advice on importing from the US? previously I'v just bought from UK amazon listings but that doesn't seem to be an option for Blue Undergrounds Zombie or Synapse's Supsira so I figure it might be best combined the two into a single order, Deep DIscount seems like the best value so far but I'v never delt with them, listing back ordered but everyone seemed to be now so I guess getting in line early might be best.

In the meanwhile I see UK criterion having a sale at HMV, ordered half a dozen BR's(including Klute so I'll be bumping the SMC thread) from them to do my bit trying to keep HMV in business.

I went direct to Second Sight themselves but there UK only for this release, I'm guessing the non special edition will still be the 3 UHD disks and the extra BR just minus the books and the CD's although personally the latter for me is a lot of what makes it attractive, you'd probably be paying £30 or more for less complete versions of those CD's.

Any advice on importing from the US? previously I'v just bought from UK amazon listings but that doesn't seem to be an option for Blue Undergrounds Zombie or Synapse's Supsira so I figure it might be best combined the two into a single order, Deep DIscount seems like the best value so far but I'v never delt with them, listing back ordered but everyone seemed to be now so I guess getting in line early might be best.

In the meanwhile I see UK criterion having a sale at HMV, ordered half a dozen BR's(including Klute so I'll be bumping the SMC thread) from them to do my bit trying to keep HMV in business.

I've dealt with Deep Discount in the past & they're pretty good. I'd do business with them again.

What about Amazon US? Both of the films that you want are in stock & they ship internationally. Although I imagine things are still somewhat slowed down at the moment. Then there's DiabolikDVD.com. They're excellent to do business with & they also ship internationally at all the latest USPS rates.

Best of luck in finding one that works for you.

I've had a busy week or so as I've added all the these to my collection:
20200605_182042.jpg
20200605_182008.jpg
20200605_181950.jpg
20200605_191730.jpg
20200608_170935.jpg
20200605_182125.jpg
20200605_182105.jpg

I already owned about half of these movies on Blu-ray already but I couldn't pass up on the steelbook versions which I'm beginning to have a nice little collection of. Some of them I got a good deal on while a couple of others are OOP so I had to pay collector's prices for them. But that's OK.

Attachments

• 20200607_204624.jpg
    20200607_204624.jpg
    547.6 KB · Views: 1
Watched the Jaws UHD last week and its very nicely done indeed.

Guess you'll be tempted by Sycnapses 4k scanned BR of....

LDMMBeauty.jpg

$46 plus imports rather too expensive for me although I admit despite not normally buying for packaging that does look really nice.

Last edited:
Watched the Jaws UHD last week and its very nicely done indeed.

Guess you'll be tempted by Sycnapses 4k scanned BR of....

LDMMBeauty.jpg

$46 plus imports rather too expensive for me although I admit despite not normally buying for packaging that does look really nice.

It's bloody gorgeous, isn't it?

And yes, I'm very tempted to buy it based on the packaging alone. Not to mention all the lovely extras. But I just spent $26 on Blue Underground's version of it a little over a week ago. Plus I've already got over $200 tied up in pre-orders already for the Criterion Bruce Lee set & the DAWN OF THE DEAD set. So, for those reasons, I think I'll wait on this one. Come September, if it's still available, I'll likely get it. But not until then. It'll be easier to justify the purchase then as opposed to now when I've just spent so much.

I still haven't gotten around to watching JAWS yet. I was tied up with my father in laws funeral this past weekend & then, I just had surgery on my right eye so until my vision clears up I won't be watching much of anything. Hopefully, it will be better within a couple of days. That's what they've said to expect anyhow.

It's bloody gorgeous, isn't it?

And yes, I'm very tempted to buy it based on the packaging alone. Not to mention all the lovely extras. But I just spent $26 on Blue Underground's version of it a little over a week ago. Plus I've already got over $200 tied up in pre-orders already for the Criterion Bruce Lee set & the DAWN OF THE DEAD set. So, for those reasons, I think I'll wait on this one. Come September, if it's still available, I'll likely get it. But not until then. It'll be easier to justify the purchase then as opposed to now when I've just spent so much.

I still haven't gotten around to watching JAWS yet. I was tied up with my father in laws funeral this past weekend & then, I just had surgery on my right eye so until my vision clears up I won't be watching much of anything. Hopefully, it will be better within a couple of days. That's what they've said to expect anyhow.

You could argue I spose they might put out a UHD of it as well although I'm not sure how far down that hole I would go with Zombie/Giallo stuff, with Dawn, Zombie and Suspiria on order suspect perhaps only Phenomena and Deep Red if they come out(I'm guessing potential Arrow releases).

Hope your back to normal soon...

zombieflesheaters1.jpg

You could argue I spose they might put out a UHD of it as well although I'm not sure how far down that hole I would go with Zombie/Giallo stuff, with Dawn, Zombie and Suspiria on order suspect perhaps only Phenomena and Deep Red if they come out(I'm guessing potential Arrow releases).

Hope your back to normal soon...

zombieflesheaters1.jpg

Thanks. I'm sure I will be shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back