Movie/physical media collectors show off some of your stuff

The weirdest thing to me in that photo is the mouse on the left side of the keyboard.
giphy.gif

dude i ordered the Mandy steelbook too lol. even though i already own the vanilla bluray & the dope Japanese bluray. i’m lucky (??) the two limited VHS editions from Witter sold out by the time i saw a tweet about them, or else i’d have one or both of those too

Hey, great minds think alike, right? <45>

Ive probably got about 200 DVD and blurays including a whole heap of early MMA stuff.

Considering just dumping everything though, between Amazon, Netflix and Sky pretty much everythings covered anyway.

that's a pic of Ender, a legendary sherdog creeper, right up there with Cint aka @Sir Galahad
LOL wtf I was going to give this a like and now we can't like anything more than a week old? Seriously wtf lol....anyway... LIKE

If I do order that Dawn set from Second Sight its going to be a big shift from the last thing I bought of theirs in the Colour of Pomegranates a few weeks ago, you'll be pleased to here I could get into his work more this time Henry which IMHO benefits massively from viewing a good quality source on a big TV rather than low quality net streams given its basically a series of moving pictures.

Their lineup of releases might look a bit haphazard but that disk and
Betty Blue I'v had from them previously were both very well done in terms of quality/extras so I'd guess you can trust them to do a good job of Dawn. Studio Canal do a good job of their special editions but a lot of other UHD release just seem to throw a bit of tat(replica of a plastic coffee cup Tom Cruise used on the set of Top Gun) in and charge 50% more rather than material you might actually care to watch. I'd love to see something like Once Upon A Time In America get an indepth UHD release with multiple versions and good extra content.

Whoa, now that's a house! It's beautiful. Do you have it all to yourself?
I love the photo too. I don't know what part of the UK you're from but it looks like your house in on the moors.

Lockdown means I'v been taking a few shots closer to home, not sure when i'll have a chance to styart selling again though.

The house itself is actually larger than that shot makes out(10 bedroom overall) as its got more depth to it but I only own half of one side, the others owned by my extended family though. Sadly were not ancestral lords of the manor(I'm sarf London Crystal Palace supporting scum by birth), bought it on the cheap in 1990, divided it in two and did it up. Again though does mean a lot of wall space for shelving if needed and indeed photography, filling it up is actually how I got started.

Last edited:
If I do order that Dawn set from Second Sight its going to be a big shift from the last thing I bought of theirs in the Colour of Pomegranates a few weeks ago, you'll be pleased to here I could get into his work more this time Henry which IMHO benefits massively from viewing a good quality source on a big TV rather than low quality net streams given its basically a series of moving pictures.

Their lineup of releases might look a bit haphazard but that disk and
Betty Blue I'v had from them previously were both very well done in terms of quality/extras so I'd guess you can trust them to do a good job of Dawn. Studio Canal do a good job of their special editions but a lot of other UHD release just seem to throw a bit of tat(replica of a plastic coffee cup Tom Cruise used on the set of Top Gun) in and charge 50% more rather than material you might actually care to watch. I'd love to see something like Once Upon A Time In America get an indepth UHD release with multiple versions and good extra content.

Lockdown means I've been taking a few shots closer to home, not sure when i'll have a chance to styart selling again though.

The house itself is actually larger than that shot makes out(10 bedroom overall) as its got more depth to it but I only own half of one side, the others owned by my extended family though. Sadly were not ancestral lords of the manor(I'm sarf London Crystal Palace supporting scum by birth), bought it on the cheap in 1990, divided it in two and did it up. Again though does mean a lot of wall space for shelving if needed and indeed photography, filling it up is actually how I got started.

10 bedrooms? Wow. Then it is, indeed, much larger than it looks. How many are there in your portion of the house?

Yeah, after these last few purchases I think I'm going to curtail my buying for a good while. Since the lockdown began I've gone through much too much money while online shopping. But now I pretty much have the majority of the films that I've wanted in my collection but hadn't gotten around to acquiring yet. There's always something new though... LOL.

10 bedrooms? Wow. Then it is, indeed, much larger than it looks. How many are there in your portion of the house?

Yeah, after these last few purchases I think I'm going to curtail my buying for a good while. Since the lockdown began I've gone through much too much money while online shopping. But now I pretty much have the majority of the films that I've wanted in my collection but hadn't gotten around to acquiring yet. There's always something new though... LOL.

My half only has 4 bedrooms so not quite as large, most of it is actually quite modern looking as it was rebuilt in the old rundown servants quarters but it has a couple of big older rooms with high ceilings, even 30x20 inch prints don't look big and lots of shelving were most of my more bog standard BR/DVD's are.

My spending on UHD is dropping off rather since I'v picked up most of the stuff with a strong appeal that's been released so far, Sony dropping the price of a lot of their stuff to £10 pursaded me to pickup The Dark Crystal and Moon, the latter not really a massive improvement on the BR but I love the film enough to make it worth it, a bit more detail and plays up the grain more as originally intended.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot more out on 4K UHD that I want that I don't already have either. I'm beginning to just pick things up that are on sale for low prices that I'm only lukewarm about owning. Such as the sci-fi film from a couple of years back LIFE. Which wasn't all that great as I recall but it was helmed by Daniel Espinosa who's since directed MORBIUS. So, I'm curious to see it again & the disc was on sale for only a bit more than the cost of a rental so I decided to buy it.

Such is the life of an impulsive buyer with too much time on his hands. LOL.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot more out on 4K UHD that I want that I don't already have either. I'm beginning to just pick things up that are on sale for low prices that I'm only lukewarm about owning. Such as the sci-fi film from a couple of years back LIFE. Which wasn't all that great as I recall but it was helmed by Daniel Espinosa who's since directed MORBIUS. So, I'm curious to see it again & the disc was on sale for only a bit more than the cost of a rental so I decided to buy it.

Such is the life of an impulsive buyer with too much time on his hands. LOL.

Part of the problem all new formats have tended to happen is studios smell an easy buck and you get a lot of questionable releases, early bluray had a lot of stuff that just used DVD era masters and UHD has had a lot of upres 2K masters and fake HDR that don't look much better plus a lot of new films of questionable quality. For me it has tended to be classic cinema from the 70's and 80's especially that's made up most of the best UHD releases thus far, Angel Heart, Don't Look Now, The Shining, Alien, etc.

I'll probably pick up the original Starwars and Rogue One when there offered separately in the UK, not paying £200 for the prequels and sequels to use as costers, probably the Indy films as well plus Flash Gordon.

Part of the problem all new formats have tended to happen is studios smell an easy buck and you get a lot of questionable releases, early bluray had a lot of stuff that just used DVD era masters and UHD has had a lot of upres 2K masters and fake HDR that don't look much better plus a lot of new films of questionable quality. For me it has tended to be classic cinema from the 70's and 80's especially that's made up most of the best UHD releases thus far, Angel Heart, Don't Look Now, The Shining, Alien, etc.

I'll probably pick up the original Starwars and Rogue One when there offered separately in the UK, not paying £200 for the prequels and sequels to use as costers, probably the Indy films as well plus Flash Gordon.

I can't wait to get my hands on DON'T LOOK NOW in 4K UHD. Unfortunately, it's either sold out everywhere or they're charging ridiculous prices for it. Honestly, I wasn't aware that it was available in the format until I went on Amazon to buy The Criterion Collection version & I happened to spot the 4K UHD version. But it was sold out. So, now I'm obsessed with finding it for sale for an acceptable price.

I can't wait to get my hands on DON'T LOOK NOW in 4K UHD. Unfortunately, it's either sold out everywhere or they're charging ridiculous prices for it. Honestly, I wasn't aware that it was available in the format until I went on Amazon to buy The Criterion Collection version & I happened to spot the 4K UHD version. But it was sold out. So, now I'm obsessed with finding it for sale for an acceptable price.

Amazon.co.uk have it for £16 coming in stock in a few days...

The blurays will be region 2 only but the UHD disk is regionless.

I wouldn't expect it to be ultra sharp but I think if your looking for a UHD that really looks like watching something on a film projection its one of the best I'v seen and uses the HDR and wider colour range very well to play up the striking reds.

You could get that and Angel Heart together for £30, the two best non US UHD's for me.

Amazon.co.uk have it for £16 coming in stock in a few days...

The blurays will be region 2 only but the UHD disk is regionless.

I wouldn't expect it to be ultra sharp but I think if your looking for a UHD that really looks like watching something on a film projection its one of the best I'v seen and uses the HDR and wider colour range very well to play up the striking reds.

You could get that and Angel Heart together for £30, the two best non US UHD's for me.

Once again you come through for me. Thank you! I'm going to go jump on that right now.

Once again you come through for me. Thank you! I'm going to go jump on that right now.

I don't think you'll regret either of those two even if its just the UHD disks you can use, they'd both be in my top half dozen releases so far. The best extra with Parker's films anyway for me will always be the commentary plus theres a nice little booklet of his production diary even in the standard Angel Heart, plenty of moaning about actors being prima donnas. ;)

I did give in and bought the Dawn of the Dead boxset direct from Second Sight, looking around a bit more that Italian UHD wasn't considered that good, there was a French release of the European cut(which this release will re use for that cut I believe with a new master for the US and Cannes versions) that does look quite a bit better.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=13231&d2=9468&s1=132227&s2=91541&i=3&l=0&a=2

Again for me its really been classic cinema from the 70's and 80's that's made UHD worthwhile, partly the visuals of the era suiting HDR but also I think 4K working well to give a more film like appearance.

I don't think you'll regret either of those two even if its just the UHD disks you can use, they'd both be in my top half dozen releases so far. The best extra with Parker's films anyway for me will always be the commentary plus theres a nice little booklet of his production diary even in the standard Angel Heart, plenty of moaning about actors being prima donnas. ;)

I did give in and bought the Dawn of the Dead boxset direct from Second Sight, looking around a bit more that Italian UHD wasn't considered that good, there was a French release of the European cut(which this release will re use for that cut I believe with a new master for the US and Cannes versions) that does look quite a bit better.

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=13231&d2=9468&s1=132227&s2=91541&i=3&l=0&a=2

Again for me its really been classic cinema from the 70's and 80's that's made UHD worthwhile, partly the visuals of the era suiting HDR but also I think 4K working well to give a more film like appearance.

Yes, sir, I did, indeed, get them both. Thanks again for pointing the way. It never occurred to me to check the Amazon UK site. I was so focused on finding it from smaller specialty dealers & the like that I missed the obvious.

And while I was at it I bought THE BEAST AND THE MAGIC SWORD as well because I'm a sucker for Paul Naschy's work. Especially his werewolf stuff. I've been a massive fan since I was a kid.

That's cool that you went ahead & ordered the DAWN OF THE DEAD set. I had a feeling that you would. That's too good of a deal to pass up.

the new Curzon Artificial Eye bluray release of Sátántangó isn’t telling me right up front that it’s not shipping to the US right now, so the question now is do i bite on the Curzon blu & deal w/ the excruciating anxiety of international shipping or do i wait until its US bluray release in November? should i have any reason to suspect that the Arbelos release will be better than the Curzon release?

<{1-8}>

This picture makes me look poor.

But this is how I do. Terminator 1 is pretty much on repeat 24 hours a day.

PS1 and PS2 are both modded.

VCR is from the 70s and it still works like a freaking champ

8M8344r.jpg

I have to admit the above reminds me of something I picked up a few weeks ago....

Yes, sir, I did, indeed, get them both. Thanks again for pointing the way. It never occurred to me to check the Amazon UK site. I was so focused on finding it from smaller specialty dealers & the like that I missed the obvious.

And while I was at it I bought THE BEAST AND THE MAGIC SWORD as well because I'm a sucker for Paul Naschy's work. Especially his werewolf stuff. I've been a massive fan since I was a kid.

That's cool that you went ahead & ordered the DAWN OF THE DEAD set. I had a feeling that you would. That's too good of a deal to pass up.

If they don't ship to the US Zavvi have Angel Heart as well, I suspect HMV probably do too although I don't know if thety ship to the US or not.

Looking at the Dawn release it says the CD's and books(of which I have none, indeed only ever seen the standard cut on TV/DVD) are the bonus so my guess is even the standard release will be the 4 UHD/BR disks and will probably not be cheap. Whilst pricey that's not really bad value IMHO as its all stuff that's actually interesting, the special editions I tend to avoid are the "exclusive" stuff only certain retailers get, HMV in the UK charging £35 for JAWS on UHD rather than £20 just for a small booklet and some art cards, that's just exploiting people driven to collect for its own sake IMHO.

Last edited:
Back