Movie - John Carter

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I just saw this. It was a big budget movie (250 million) for Disney but Disney lost big money on it.

Considering the budget, I am surprised they did not have any big name stars.

It wasn't terrible but wasn't good either. Just meh..

I think the lead guy gets to much shit for this movie. It wasn't bad

Let's just say when I saw the trailers for Jupiter Ascending I immediately thought of John Carter. This sprawling, epic space opera featuring exotic world(s) that makes you scratch your head and wonder what the fuck is going on. I'm not surprised it flopped harder than John Carter.

I didn't think it was bad. I actually thought it was decent, but not great. As far as big names, it had Jimmy McNulty. Doesn't get much bigger than McNulty.

I don't even think they got a quarter back of what it cost to make the film.

I'd like to hump the women from that movie:

tBZWDs2.gif

Saw it on TV, much better than what people made it out to be imo. Definitely wasn't great by any means but I thought it was decent enough to watch.

I've seen worse... But it really wasn't very good.

The lead gurl was hott. Same one from wolverine origins.

it was okay. many films that are a lot worse get success. my wife got to read Jonh Carter novels after we watched the movie. it was in no way a masterpiece, but an entertaining movie. Jupiter ascending was much, much worse IMO.

It wasn't unwatchable, or anything, but why Disney spent so much money on a property that isn't very well known among the target audience, is beyond me. Seems like the studio heads were a little out of touch on this one.

Last edited:
This was a terrible, terrible movie. Anyone who was associated with the making of this movie should be banned from the film industry. Forever.

It was a good movie but it was promoted terribly
Its a movie about space Egyptians and wonderful far off worlds and you give it that boring ass title "John Carter"
Makes it sound like some boring ass historical piece about a Washington lawyer in the 1800's
Thats just dumb

I think the lead guy gets to much shit for this movie. It wasn't bad
Yeah the lead actor wasn't bad.

I really don't know how to criticize the movie but it just seemed to be lacking , not sure how to explain that; other than to say it seemed bland . It almost seemed like a made for TV big budget movie but not quite.

The guy who did Finding Nemo directed this movie and he redid most of the movie twice so that is how the $250 million budget is partially explained.

-
I as totally unaware of the world of Basoom and John Carter prior to the movie.

Last edited:
I as totally unaware of the world of Basoom and John Carter prior to the movie.

So was pretty much everyone who wasn't an old(and I mean OLD) sci-fi nerd. I think they put a little too much stock in a franchise that was introduced in the 1910's.

I remember seeing it and being Ok with it. Nothing too good but not too terrible.

Back