@Brown
Reaction score
NEW Things To Watch Out For:

1. New "Pros Pick" Section

2. 3 day limit on poll.

outsidersvsstandbyme.jpg

totoutsidersvsstandbyme.jpg

ktvoutsidersvsstandbyme.jpg

Encore: Refers to a movies replay value.
Pulitzer: Refers to the quality of the movie's story.
Alpha: Refers to the macho-ness and toughness of the movie and the actors in it.
Thank The Academy: Refers to the quality of the acting in the movie.
Highlander: Refers to the movie's ability and probability to live on forever.

ppoutsidervsstandbyme.jpg

If you'd like to become a "Pro" on Pros Pick, just add me as a friend and you'll be included in the series.

mfoutsidersvsstandbyme.jpg

The Outsiders (1983)

Synopsis: The movie details a town split between the wealthy South Zone gang called 'The Socials' and the poor North Zone gang called 'The Greasers'. Dallas Winston, Ponyboy Curtis and Johnny Cade from 'The Greasers' befriend the rich Cherry Valance and Marcia at a drive-in. Later that night, a group of 'The Socs' chase and beat up Johnny and attempt to drown Ponyboy in a fountain. However, Johnny stabs one Soc and kills him, saving Ponyboy. The desperate boys seek Dallas who finds a hideout for them in a nearby town. One week later, Johnny and Ponyboy decide to return to their hometown, with Dallas, to claim the murder as self-defense. But on their way back, they see the church on fire and Ponyboy and Johnny help the children trapped in the church and become heroes. However Johnny is badly wounded and confined to the hospital. Meanwhile The Socs and The Greasers prepare to fight.

Stand By Me (1986)

Synopsis: Based on Stephen King's Short story "The Body", "Stand By Me" tells the tale of Gordie Lachance, a writer who looks back on his preteen days when he and three close friends went on their own adventure to find the body of a kid their age who had gone missing and presumed dead. The stakes are upped when the bad kids in town are closely tailing - and it becomes a race to see who'll be able to recover the body first.

I got Stand By Me in this one. I don't like Macchio, but I do like Outsiders though.

Things to remember:

- My Movie Battles are pitting up 2 movies that have the same feel, appeal to a similar audience, or share similar content. They won't always be completely alike in all areas.

-Polls close in 3 days.

- Choosing one doesn't mean the other sucks, so you better freakin choose!

I had a bit of difficulty deciding because I loved The Outsiders novel, the movie not as much.

Stand by Me was a solid film so it gets my vote.

Suggestion for a Movie Battle: Star Wars (old trilogy) vs. Back to the Future (trilogy)

Outsiders is a good movie but Stand By Me is way, way out of its league.

Never heard of either... Are they any good?

yeah, Outsiders has a definite 80's feel when you're watching it, but it's still a cool movie.

Stand By Me doesn't really have that dated feel that Outsiders has, but I think it's a bit overrated when looking at all it's rankings and stuff. But that's just me, even though I picked it over Outsiders.

They're both really good movies, definitely ones that you wanna say you've watched before.

stand by me is a great movie
outsiders is campy

both movies are great. I have to go with outsiders though, stay golden pony boy :icon_cry2

Outsider's is a great movie, but Stand by me is a classic, I simply can't refuse voting for it.

Stand by me and it's not close at all.

i really liked the outsiders novel so ima go w that

stand by me had really good cinematography

When the night....has come.........

The fat kid from Stand By Me eventually knocked up Rebecca Romijn. Twice. That automatically makes it superior to The Outsiders. It also happens to be a superior film based on a better story source (Stephen King's "The Body").

Gotta go with the Outsiders. Grew up with both, but the Outsiders had more replay value. Plus as good as Stand by Me was, it felt like a really well done made for TV movie. Outsiders for me had more memorable moments and lines. Plus I loved the book and the film did right by it.

Estevez stole the Outsiders for me; The broken bottle / butterfly knife move, beer and cake for breakfast, ranking on everybody.

On another note; Stand by Me had overall good performances and ends with a great song, so thats a plus for that flick.

Stand by Me is literally one of the best and most underrated films ever made.

no contest here.

Stand By Me is the better story in general. The movie is vastly superior.

The Outsiders is great though, don't mean to slight either.

Should be a landslide. Ponyboy is a bitch!

JK, sorta...Outsiders is solid but to me, it's just a movie I had to watch in school because we read the book. I've seen it since and meh...Stand By Me is a classic that doesn't get old IMO.

Stand by me by a wide maragin just one of those movies thats pretty much perfect

Back