@Brown
Reaction score
NEW Things To Watch Out For:

1. New "Pros Pick" Section

2. 3 day limit on poll.

sevenpoundsvsgrantorino.jpg

totsevenpoundsvsgrantorino.jpg

ktvsevenpoundsvsgrantorino.jpg

Encore: Refers to a movies replay value.
Pulitzer: Refers to the quality of the movie's story.
Alpha: Refers to the macho-ness and toughness of the movie and the actors in it.
Thank The Academy: Refers to the quality of the acting in the movie.
Highlander: Refers to the movie's ability and probability to live on forever.

ppsevenpoundsvsgrantorino.jpg

If you'd like to become a "Pro" on Pros Pick, just add me as a friend and you'll be included in the series.

mfsevenpoundsvsgrantorino.jpg

Seven Pounds (2008)

Synopsis: Haunted by a secret, Ben Thomas looks for redemption by radically transforming the lives of seven people he doesn't know. Once his plan is set, nothing will be able to stop him. At least that's what he thinks. But Ben hadn't planned on falling in love with one of these people and she's the one who will end up transforming him.

Gran Torino (2008)

Synopsis: Walt Kowalski is a widower who holds onto his prejudices despite the changes in his Michigan neighborhood and the world around him. Kowalski is a grumpy, tough-minded, unhappy an old man, who can't get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in mint condition. When his neighbor Thao, a young Hmong teenager under pressure from his gang member cousin, tries to steal his Gran Torino, Kowalski sets out to reform the youth. Drawn against his will into the life of Thao's family, Kowalski is soon taking steps to protect them from the gangs that infest their neighborhood.

I like Gran Torino, but I always thought it got way more props than it deserved. The acting by most of the asians, and many others in the movie was kinda horrible. Clint was the biggest gangster in that movie though.

Seven Pounds I think it underrated though, I know the ending is kinda weird, but it's a pretty damn powerful movie. I enjoyed it.

Things to remember:

- My Movie Battles are pitting up 2 movies that have the same feel, appeal to a similar audience, or share similar content. They won't always be completely alike in all areas.

-Polls close in 3 days.

- Choosing one doesn't mean the other sucks, so you better freakin choose!

Seven Pounds? It isn't even worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Gran Torino.

Seven Pounds is dog shit. It's on par with Seven Years in Tibet.

While i thought Torino(like all of his movies) was shit. this is still a terrible match up.

Cut BJJ Ninja some slack. He didn't procure that bad of a matchup. Torino was fairly overrated as he stated. Seven pounds was... Well it was unique. The downfall to Seven Pounds was that the uniqueness was past the point of rational thinking. It was just too far stretched and fairy tale like.

GT in a landslide

The end is sooooo intense/well-shot/well-written/just-fuckin-awesome

I love how the granny one-ups him in that scene when they spit chewing tobacco (I think it is). Always makes me rofl

Gran Torino had terrible acting and seven pounds had a terrible story.

The end of Gran Torino is incredibly memorable. And I don't mean the bit with Eastwood outside the house, I mean the bit at the reading of the will. The look on the face of the Granddaughter when she doesn't get the GT but the look on her dad's face/Eastwood's son is very touching IMO.

Back