@Brown
Reaction score
NEW Things To Watch Out For:

1. New "Pros Pick" Section

2. 3 day limit on poll.

anchormanvssupertroopers.jpg

totanchormanvssupertroopers.jpg

ktvanchormanvssupertroopers.jpg

Encore: Refers to a movies replay value.
Pulitzer: Refers to the quality of the movie's story.
Alpha: Refers to the macho-ness and toughness of the movie and the actors in it.
Thank The Academy: Refers to the quality of the acting in the movie.
Highlander: Refers to the movie's ability and probability to live on forever.

ppanchormanvssupertroopers.jpg

If you'd like to become a "Pro" on Pros Pick, just add me as a friend and you'll be included in the series.

mfanchormanvssupertroopers.jpg

Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy (2004)

Synopsis: Ron Burgundy is the top-rated anchorman in San Diego in the '70s. When feminism marches into the newsroom in the form of ambitious newswoman Veronica Corningstone, Ron is willing to play along at first-as long as Veronica stays in her place, covering cat fashion shows, cooking, and other "female" interests. But when Veronica refuses to settle for being eye candy and steps behind the news desk, it's more than a battle between two perfectly coiffed anchor-persons... it's war.

Super Troopers (2001)

Synopsis: Thorny, Mac, Rabbit, Foster and Farva are Vermont state troopers out to have a good time. Stationed in a remote area near the Canadian border, the troopers, avid pranksters with an affinity for syrup, have a knack for screwing up on the job. But when budget cuts in the town of Spurbury threaten their livelihood and pit them against arch-rival Spurbury P.D., the five friends try to straighten up and fly right. That is, until a dead body is discovered and a possible drug ring is unearthed. The super troopers spring into action attempting to solve the crime, save their jobs, and outdo the local police department.

They're both badass movies filled with memorable quotes that bring the laughs bigtime. I prefer Anchorman though, there's just too much great shit in that movie.

Things to remember:

- My Movie Battles are pitting up 2 movies that have the same feel, appeal to a similar audience, or share similar content. They won't always be completely alike in all areas.

-Polls close in 3 days.

- Choosing one doesn't mean the other sucks, so you better freakin choose!

Hey BJJ, happy New Year's bud. Hope you had a great holiday.

Although both are pretty funny in their own right, I find Anchorman to be a very quotable movie and filled with a host of funny bits that stuck with me more than Super Troopers.

Thanks for all your efforts in these threads, they're a lot of fun.

how long does it take you to do one of these?

appreciate the work.

i voted supertroopers.

Thanks man, nowadays it takes me about 30 min. to an hour to make all the pics and post the entire thread.

When I was doing the comic strips (which I'll bring back closer to the end of the battles), it was about double the time.

I'd like a liter of cola to go along with my vote for Super Troopers and pop my rookie bubble of just finding these battle threads. They look awesome BJJ Ninja, nice work.

Agree with Jay. Anchorman.

Anchorman is the most overrated comedy of the last decade. It's full to the brim with incoherent nonsensical jokes that just made me feel stupider for watching it. It just felt very thrown together plot wise.

Beats whore island in every regard.

SUPER TROOPERS FTW!

Love'em both.

Who want's a mustache ride?

I like Will Ferrell, but Anchorman was just not funny to me.

Anchorman is the most overrated comedy of the last decade. It's full to the brim with incoherent nonsensical jokes that just made me feel stupider for watching it. It just felt very thrown together plot wise.

Beats whore island in every regard.

Does not! wipes hands clean Phew, glad we cleared that up.

I went with Anchorman. It was very close because I have seen both movies plenty of times and I still laugh. It amazes me that the first time I saw Anchorman was at the movies with some friends and we all thought the movie was so bad and not funny that we walked out of the movie. Saw it again a few years later by myself and couldn't stop laughing. Only movie I can remember that has ever happen to me.

Anchorman is funny but and great for movie quotes but Super Troopers made LOL for real. Super Troopers > Anchorman.

I really liked both. Anchorman was a little funnier imo.

Both movies are classics.

How the fuck did Super Troopers only get 33% from critics?

Some of those douches shouldn't be allowed to rate comedies or action movies.

Went with the broken lizard crew.

Both movies are classics.

How the fuck did Super Troopers only get 33% from critics?

Some of those douches shouldn't be allowed to rate comedies or action movies.

Went with the broken lizard crew.

Yeah I agree.

such a tough decision. not even sure how to put them against each other in my head. if I had to go by opening sequence, I'd say Super Troopers for sure. Wish Broken Lizard could get back to that quality comedy. After Beerfest they lost it for me.

Couldn't get into Anchorman the first time I watched it, thus fell asleep. Watched it with friends a second time and it wasn't bad then.

Have enjoyed Supertroopers a half dozen times or more.

such a tough decision. not even sure how to put them against each other in my head. if I had to go by opening sequence, I'd say Super Troopers for sure. Wish Broken Lizard could get back to that quality comedy. After Beerfest they lost it for me.

I actually liked Club Dread the most on first viewing.

But on repeat viewings I rank them
1 Beerfest
2 ST
3 CD
4 Slammin Salmon.

I went Super Troopers on this one. Probably their best work. I so want that bear fucker costume.

I like Will Ferrell better as a support guy, also Anchorman came out at the time Ferrell, Vaughn, both Wilson brothers and Stiller were just overloading the market with their movies. So Anchorman lost some luster, although the fight scene was classic.

"well that got out of hand in a hurry"

So much love for both. But I can't say no to Anchorman

Back