Mouse study shows need for individualized approach to nutrition

While done in mice, its still interesting results nonetheless.
Dietary effects may not simply just be a totality of energy, but also genetic predisposition. (lots of individuals theorized this but it seems the next step is to further this in humans to find out how much).

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/07/160713100857.htm

I would also say the type and variety (maybe as far as genetic makeup) of gut bacteria has a role in how we respond to different types of food.

This varies from person to person by a large margin.

That's quite true actually. There was a study done a few years back on smoking cessation and weight gain and how gut bacteria was the influential change that created the new adipose tissue.

That's quite true actually. There was a study done a few years back on smoking cessation and weight gain and how gut bacteria was the influential change that created the new adipose tissue.

It might just be to do with gut bacteria, current theory is we inherit them from our mothers, maybe when you see a fat family it is not just their poor diet or genetics at work.......

but mice tho

I suspect that to be true about individual diets. I'm finding that to be the case for me. As an example I have a stomach condition that also can hurt my energy levels. Fatigue can be a problem.

This year I've found following a fish diet, for meat I would only eat wild caught fish, will lead to much greater energy levels.

A few weeks ago out of curiosity I thought I would add grass fed beef back into the diet. When I did that, my energy levels slowly dropped. The stomach became more grumpy. Additionally I put on 10 pounds quickly!

Now I'm back to only eating wild caught fish and as a result my energy levels are going back up, and I've lost the 10 pounds.

I'm not entirely sure why this has happened for me, but have a few theories on what is going on.

Back