Mousassi is an all time great right?

No.

Mousasi's career is difficult to reconcile for many people. Against mid-level guys, he looks like an absolute world-beater and all-time great. But he was never the MW champion, never earned a MW title shot, and had a propensity to wet the bed whenever he got close to the mountain top. And for all the name brand opponents on his resume, Mousasi actually has zero wins against elite opponents in their prime.

Overall, I'd say that Mousasi's legacy is as a very talented fighter who never quite reached elite status. He gained a cult following due to his aesthetically pleasing striking style and dominating wins over low- and mid-tier opponents (which led to him being overrated by hardcores), but he never lived up to the expectations. Very good fighter, not great.

He never held a ufc belt but he has to be considered one of the all time greats based on weight class movement and quality of wins. Im not a fan of the lower weight class fights he has been having lately but I cant be the only one that considers him a top bloke all time.
Yes. He is one of the greatest strikers, ever, and had a pretty decent submission game, as well. Not saying he's THE GOAT, but he is and was a great fighter, who could match with any of the greats.

He seems to have the skillset to be an all time great. There are just times when he was too passive IMO. But he's an amazing fighter who has done it for a long time!

I think he's among the best MWs of all time, depending on what criteria people use he can be anywhere from #2 to #5 at MW. All time great? I don't think so. I think that list of for 20 fighters and I don't see Gegard in there.

No.

Mousasi's career is difficult to reconcile for many people. Against mid-level guys, he looks like an absolute world-beater and all-time great. But he was never the MW champion, never earned a MW title shot, and had a propensity to wet the bed whenever he got close to the mountain top. And for all the name brand opponents on his resume, Mousasi actually has zero wins against elite opponents in their prime.

Overall, I'd say that Mousasi's legacy is as a very talented fighter who never quite reached elite status. He gained a cult following due to his aesthetically pleasing striking style and dominating wins over low- and mid-tier opponents (which led to him being overrated by hardcores), but he never lived up to the expectations. Very good fighter, not great.
Certainly deserves top 5 all time mw status

Moose is that rare fighter whom people downplays his great wins and highlight his losses. Very odd. Uncle Dana opinion carries a lot of sway. And not for nothing but if Mouse beat a lot of these guys who were supposedly “out of their prime” when he himself was green and not in his “prime”’does that not prove his skill
And greatness?

Yes he is a legend of the sport, a real one too, won't be recognized that way though..

Lima looked like absolutely dog shit. And Mousasi didn't look that much better.
His Wrestling looked great, and both were cautious on the feet for a reason. This is also his 56th fight and he just beat a guy who's in his prime 100%

He never held a ufc belt but he has to be considered one of the all time greats based on weight class movement and quality of wins. Im not a fan of the lower weight class fights he has been having lately but I cant be the only one that considers him a top bloke all time.

Top level fighter for many years, not sure he's an all time great. That loss to Uriah was very unlucky.

Back