Mousassi is an all time great right?

Can the Mousasi people please explain how in hell he's considered greater than Machida?

The guy is one of the best ever and he’s a good dude as well, not to mention funny as hell. It’s odd seeing people discredit him because they don’t like his fanbase.

teh Moose is Loose!
BowedCourageousCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Hes 9-3 in UFC and 46-7 in MMA thats a pretty damn good record if you ask me. Went on an 8 fight win streak after losing to Hall.

Yeah a guy with almost 20 losses had a better career than Moose. My god. If titles is the only thing that matters to you, then i guess but he's had a comparably great career to all fighters in that guys second tier. You're absolutely crazy
He didn’t reach the pinnacle of the sport like Shogun, Hendo, or Wand.

Shogun had one of the greatest runs in MMA history in 2005, and won a UFC title. By all accounts, he’s a bonafide legend worthy of the second tier legend.

Wanderlei was the best 205er in the world for years and didn’t taste defeat for 5 years. Bonafide legend worthy of the second tier.

Hendo - best Fedor, Big Nog, Wanderlei, Franklin, etc. also had one of the greatest fights ever against Shogun and possibly holds the greatest KO in UFC history. Multiple weight champion when PRIDE was the shit. Arguably worthy of tier 1, but I’d say tier 2.

mousasi is not in that league imo. Instead of being overreactive, why don’t you explain why you think he’s amongst the aforementioned and hold a civil discussion? I wouldn’t put overeem in that class either, for the record.

Solid record full of wins against household names , longevity and overall skillset. Fought in 2 weight classes as well

I mean the guy has wins against Machida , Macdonald , Weidman , Vitor , Jacare , Hunt , Manhoef , Hendo. Sure he got some of those wins when some of those guys were out or still not at their prime but it's still a damn impressive record imho. Also won gold in every promotion he fought in except the UFC (Bellator , Cage , DREAM , Strikeforce). I don,t consider him one of the goat but his overall resume is certainly above average.
Thanks for a respectful response. He’s certainly above average, but yeah, not a legend in my book. differing opinions are allowed though, so not sure why people get upset about this.

Personally, I’d put mousasi in the category below the second tier. Cheers.

Of course. Check the mans record. As far as pure skill he is at near the top. If he was more athletic he would be in goat running imo.,,I call him a tier below the greatest but clearly was In the running. Sort of needed a ufc belt imo as that is where his prime was. I think he could have gotten too if he had stayed. Not sure he would have defended it many times though.

I think Mousassi's tools are GOAT-level but he never really put it all together.

He didn’t reach the pinnacle of the sport like Shogun, Hendo, or Wand.

Shogun had one of the greatest runs in MMA history in 2005, and won a UFC title. By all accounts, he’s a bonafide legend worthy of the second tier legend.

Wanderlei was the best 205er in the world for years and didn’t taste defeat for 5 years. Bonafide legend worthy of the second tier.

Hendo - best Fedor, Big Nog, Wanderlei, Franklin, etc. also had one of the greatest fights ever against Shogun and possibly holds the greatest KO in UFC history. Multiple weight champion when PRIDE was the shit. Arguably worthy of tier 1, but I’d say tier 2.

mousasi is not in that league imo. Instead of being overreactive, why don’t you explain why you think he’s amongst the aforementioned and hold a civil discussion? I wouldn’t put overeem in that class either, for the record.
He's won titles in every org. He's been in minus UFC, and the lack of a title shot is why he left. He has an extensive resume that is better than wand and hendo. He also started around the same time of some of those fighters mentioned and he's still fighting for titles. When ranking fighters I include losses as well, and hendo and wand both felll off a cliff that Moose still hasn't shown he's close to yet. To say he's not even in the same tier as though guys is just disingenuous nostalgia in my opinion

The most overrated Mma fighter in sherdog history.....he’s not even a all time great in his weight class
Alllllll of this. He’s a good fighter though.

Mousasi the most overrated in sherdog? A place where you often see the American posterboy Rich Franklin rated as top5 MW of all time still in 2020? Lol no way

Name top contenders that he beat.

Don't just rattle off the names on his record. Name the guys who were in their primes.
In their primes is The criteria ? Hmm might as well call Stipe the worst fighter ever then. Never never beat anyone in his prime.

You get triggered by Moose easily but overlook the fact he was champion in a handful of organizations and has wins across various weight classes. You don’t become dream, strikeforce, cage warriors and bellator champion without fighting any contenders. It’s ok to find him overrated but to be this dismissive is ridiculous and hypocritical of every other great.

He's won titles in every org. He's been in minus UFC, and the lack of a title shot is why he left. He has an extensive resume that is better than wand and hendo. He also started around the same time of some of those fighters mentioned and he's still fighting for titles. When ranking fighters I include losses as well, and hendo and wand both felll off a cliff that Moose still hasn't shown he's close to yet. To say he's not even in the same tier as though guys is just disingenuous nostalgia in my opinion
I strongly disagree, but to each their own. Cheers.

Franklin isn’t an “all time great” either.

Hard to define "all time great". I think a case could be made for both stances, for both Mousasi and Franklin

The tittle of most overrated in Sherdog? There I can say with no doubt in my mind that belongs to Franklin waaay more than Mousasi.

Back