Mousassi is an all time great right?

UFC belts and ranking system is not legit so not winning that title is not as big a deterrent as one assumes.

The mooses multiple weight class wins and kickboxing are a great plus for him. But unless he reigns over bellator for another year or two he will be forgotten with time.

Name top contenders that he beat.

Don't just rattle off the names on his record. Name the guys who were in their primes.

His resume is ridiculous

Lombard
Cyborg
Kang
Manhoef
Jacare
Hunt
Babalu
Sokoudjo
Jardine
OSP
Latifi
Munoz
Hendo
Phillipou
Leites
Santos
Vitor
Hall
Weidman
Shlemenko
Lyoto
Rory
Carvalho

He's the 2nd best MW ever most def

In his purime @ MW he only lost to Lyoto, Jacare and Hall and he's 1-1 with all 3 as well trading finished and decisions. Lyoto was also in Brazil that loss and looking...... different.

Lovato is on a factory of stuff. Fight was arguably a draw with a 10-8 4th when Saucy dropped, hurt and nearly finished the fight

Lawal was @ LHW and he was always juicy as well

Hands down the most ridiculous fan base ever IMO.

There have been more annoying ones, but they're the most delusional about their guy's actual accomplishments.

Yup.

Reasoning with them won't work. Remember this argument I had with a Mousasian who thought Mousasi was robbed of a title shot when he was with the UFC. Tried explaining why there were like 5 people who were more deserving and It was the most circular "no you're wrong, x is great" argument I've ever had on this website.

GOAT or All Time Greats Category (in no particular order) :

- Jones
- GSP
- Anderson
- Fedor
- Khabib

Guys who had great memorable careers but do not make the All Time Greats category for various reasons :

- Shogun
- Hendo
- Wand
- Chuck
- Randy
- Mousasi
- Reem

etc

To me Mousasi belong in that second category. Feel free to disagree but that's how i personally see it

GOAT or All Time Greats Category (in no particular order) :

- Jones
- GSP
- Anderson
- Fedor
- Khabib

Guys who had great memorable careers but do not make the All Time Greats category for various reasons :

- Shogun
- Hendo
- Wand
- Chuck
- Randy
- Mousasi
- Reem

etc

To me Mousasi belong in that second category. Feel free to disagree but that's how i personally see it
I certainly don’t want this to delve into poor engagement, merely discussing, but what on earth has mousasi done to be amongst those names you listed? He’s clearly the odd man out in my mind.

Can draw comparisons to Reem a bit I suppose but Reem still accomplished a good deal more outside of the UFC.

He's certainly overrated by his die hards. But he IS an all time great. I mean there has been a lot of crappy fighters.
hit the nail right on the head. moose is one of the best talents mma has seen, but some of his die hards do ruin things. even still if you can watch this man fight and say to yourself hes not elite........... then you are a hater or just started watching mma 2-4 years ago

I certainly don’t want this to delve into poor engagement, merely discussing, but what on earth has mousasi done to be amongst those names you listed? He’s clearly the odd man out in my mind.

Can draw comparisons to Reem a bit I suppose but Reem still accomplished a good deal more outside of the UFC.
Yeah a guy with almost 20 losses had a better career than Moose. My god. If titles is the only thing that matters to you, then i guess but he's had a comparably great career to all fighters in that guys second tier. You're absolutely crazy

Jesus don’t get all the Mousasi fanboys started.

Solid record full of wins against household names , longevity and overall skillset. Fought in 2 weight classes as well

I mean the guy has wins against Machida , Macdonald , Weidman , Vitor , Jacare , Hunt , Manhoef , Hendo. Sure he got some of those wins when some of those guys were out or still not at their prime but it's still a damn impressive record imho. Also won gold in every promotion he fought in except the UFC (Bellator , Cage , DREAM , Strikeforce). I don,t consider him one of the goat but his overall resume is certainly above average.

Funny how much Moose divides Sherdog. It appears people either love or hate the man. I really think he could have been a top 10 all timer if he had a bit more aggresion and creativity in his fights. You can see he is extremely well rounded and honestly will be a tougher fight for Adesanya than Till, Hermansson or Whitaker. Still, he is just not good enough to beat the elite consistently.

Back