Mousassi is an all time great right?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He never held a ufc belt but he has to be considered one of the all time greats based on weight class movement and quality of wins. Im not a fan of the lower weight class fights he has been having lately but I cant be the only one that considers him a top bloke all time.

He never held a ufc belt but he has to be considered one of the all time greats based on weight class movement and quality of wins. Im not a fan of the lower weight class fights he has been having lately but I cant be the only one that considers him a top bloke all time.
Yes. He's one of the most successful MMArtist of all time even if he never did get his opportunity in the
UFC. His skillset is also elite level.

He just won't be remembered compared to some simply because he was never given a title shot. But he's certainly just as good and better than many fighters who have.

With that said, Adesanya still would make him look average.

Last edited:
UFC belts and ranking system is not legit so not winning that title is not as big a deterrent as one assumes.

The mooses multiple weight class wins and kickboxing are a great plus for him. But unless he reigns over bellator for another year or two he will be forgotten with time.

To me, he is at least great - and some kinda hall of famer.
But I might be biased because of nostalgia.
Can totally see how people can argue there have been so many other big names at MW during his time and he was never really a stand out among them.

Rockhold, Weidman, Jacare, Vitor, Machida, Bisping, Yoel, Whittaker, etc

Didn't he lose his belt to a rookie fighter?
I mean a fighter with 10 or less wins

I would have liked seeing him fight Gustaffson. Too bad that fight fell through.

I he was slighlty, SLIGHTLY more aggressive he would've been an all time great. He is still... a bit under that. One of the memorable fighters in MMA history, yes. But say 10 years after he retires, he won't be remembered like the real greats.

He may have few losses, but lost at the worst moments possible and all of them hurt his title chances.

<Dany07>
F*ck no.

Yes he is. He also deserved a title shot anyway. Winning a belt also has a lot to do with timing. Bisping became champ when way better fighters like Dan Henderson couldn't

Back