Mousasi's resume

Oh man, I still remember the Super Depor! they ruined Real Madrid's centenary anniversary when they beat them at the Copa del Rey final, and for that they will always be in my heart LMAO. Roy Makaay was an amazing striker during those times too, I remember Rivaldo and Bebeto a few years earlier played for La Coruña, too. Plus, a fellow Mexican, Andres Guardado played for Deportivo, too.

haha love to hear that you still remember when we spoiled Real's anniversary. Still today, you can often hear in the streets of Coruña people chanting songs that remember such feat, specially when they are drunk lol

We also won La Liga in 2000 by the way, and only an awful - if not corrupt - referee prevented us from reaching the finals of the Champins League in 2004 vs the Porto of Mourinho.

Bebeto is literally like a God here. Rivaldo only staid one year in Coruña in which he delivered masterclass after masterclass and Barsa stoled him from us literally in the last minut of the sumer market. Bitches. lol

In terms of magic, Djalminha and Diego Tristan (not as effecive as Makaay but a more sweet striker) were speciall too. Also Valerón.
I would recommend to anyone to watch a HL video of Djalminha. Even more magical than Ronaldinho, seriously, but not as fast.

Yeah, I was a fan of Guardado man. A workhorse in top of a great left foot. He staid here for 5 years, we played in Europe wth him too, but had bad luck with injuries. Our coach back then didnt took the best out of him neither, imo.
Guardado staid with us when we were relegated to the B league. Helped us to come back to La Liga being the best player in the tournament. So huge respect for that alone.

Omar Bravo also played for Depor btw. Although not even 6 months. Big dissapointment. He had good attitude but didnt adapt

Oh man, I still remember the Super Depor! they ruined Real Madrid's centenary anniversary when they beat them at the Copa del Rey final, and for that they will always be in my heart LMAO. Roy Makaay was an amazing striker during those times too, I remember Rivaldo and Bebeto a few years earlier played for La Coruña, too. Plus, a fellow Mexican, Andres Guardado played for Deportivo, too.

I have to share it. Pure magic.

Look at what he does at 4:40 against Real Madrid, no less. When did you ever see anyone even trying to do that lol

Last edited:
haha love to hear that you still remember when we spoiled Real's anniversary. Still today, you can often hear in the streets of Coruña people chanting songs that remember such feat, specially when they are drunk lol

We also won La Liga in 2000 by the way, and only an awful - if not corrupt - referee prevented us from reaching the finals of the Champins League in 2004 vs the Porto of Mourinho.

Bebeto is literally like a God here. Rivaldo only staid one year in Coruña in which he delivered masterclass after masterclass and Barsa stoled him from us literally in the last minut of the sumer market. Bitches. lol

In terms of magic, Djalminha and Diego Tristan (not as effecive as Makaay but a more sweet striker) were speciall too. Also Valerón.
I would recommend to anyone to watch a HL video of Djalminha. Even more magical than Ronaldinho, seriously, but not as fast.

Yeah, I was a fan of Guardado man. A workhorse in top of a great left foot. He staid here for 5 years, we played in Europe wth him too, but had bad luck with injuries. Our coach back then didnt took the best out of him neither, imo.
Guardado staid with us when we were relegated to the B league. Helped us to come back to La Liga being the best player in the tournament. So huge respect for that alone.

Omar Bravo also played for Depor btw. Although not even 6 months. Big dissapointment. He had good attitude but didnt adapt
Im a huge Barcelona fan so I remember being very happy about Deportivo spoiling Real Madrid's celebrations. Those were good times for La Liga, you had R.Madrid with the galacticos, Valencia with Aimar, Albelda, and Ayala, the Super Depor, and Barcelona all competing for the title.

Barcelona winning 2005 and 2006 in the midst lf the whole Galacticos phenomenon was quiet a feat, too btw. Man, Ronaldinho ran through them, those galacticos were all offensive and no defense.

Holy shit, I had forgotten about Djamlinha, Valeron, and Diego Tristan. That was a badass team you all had. Im glad you all won a couple of championships to top off a great team. Didnt Valeron played until he was like 40?

Djalminha, Bebeto, and Ronaldinho played in Mexico in the tail end of their careers. Unfortunately, they were way past their primes and went to collect a check only. I had particularly high expectations for Djalminha but it didnt work out.

Rivaldo went to Barça to substitue the real Ronaldo when he left to Inter, I believe. Another fucking amazing pair of players.

Guardado is a workhorse and a legitimate talent, cant say the same about Omar Bravo, though. I was always embarassed about Omar Bravo representing Mexico abroad tbh. He is a pile of dog shit LMAO.

I have to share it. Pure magic.

Look at what he does at 4:40 against Real Madrid, no less. When did you ever see anyone even trying to do that lol

Jesus Christ, I remember him, he was a monster. Whats the story with Djamlinha? did he have a drinking problem or something? Such a talent and yet he always seem to lack something to reach Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo status.

What are we discussing then?
If you want to go by published rankings alone there is no case for Mousasi being ranked #2 MW of all time. He is not, period.
He barely ever beat a top5 ranked in his division so taking the approach you suggest for assessing Rockhold, we should not consider Mousasi even close to top5 MW all-time.
But we both know that's a simpleton and flawed aprroach, I just wonder why you acknowledge it when assessing Mousasi but pretend to ignore it when assessing Rockhold

Whos better than Mousasi that wasnt an obvious PED user?

If Mousasi used PEDS he would be #2 LHW (behind natty Vovchanchyn who fought at HW for most of his career despite being a 200 pounds manlet) and #1 MW goat of all time

Mousasi chooses to fight clean and stays true to his character - refues to suck managments cock. If he wasnt a humble Armenian-Iranian but a loud mouthed American he would be promoted to tripple division champ.

Mousasi is #1 P4P MW and legit baddass

I've had enough of this shertard shit. Unlike pride, PED's are clearly against the rules in the UFC and Romero, Machida, Anderson Silva etc are cheaters whose entire UFC win count should be nullified

If Mousasi used PEDS he would be #2 LHW (behind natty Vovchanchyn who fought at HW for most of his career despite being a 200 pounds manlet) and #1 MW goat of all time

Mousasi chooses to fight clean and stays true to his character - refues to suck managments cock. If he wasnt a humble Armenian-Iranian but a loud mouthed American he would be promoted to tripple division champ.

Then why did Mousasi fair better in the orgs that don’t test than he did in the only org that did test?

Mousasi faired equally well in all the orgs he fought in (9-3 UFC record and he left on a winning streak).

Did you just start watching mma this year? Nearly half of all his losses were in the UFC. You should watch more fights and post less.

Even Chris Wiedman thinks Jacare is suspicious

Mousasi has never been accused of taking anything, despite a 20 year career

Did you just start watching mma this year? Nearly half of all his losses were in the UFC. You should watch more fights and post less.
He had 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff when he joined the UFC. When he healed completely, you saw what he did to his opponents. And he's 1-1 with all 3 (Jacare, Lyoto, Hall).

He had 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff when he joined the UFC. When he healed completely, you saw what he did to his opponents. And he's 1-1 with all 3 (Jacare, Lyoto, Hall).

I see a lot of excuses, but not a lot of substance.

Then why did Mousasi fair better in the orgs that don’t test than he did in the only org that did test?
Easy, because there was better quality of opposition. MW was sharktank back during the Mousasi years, being 9-3 against that level of opposition is actually pretty good. I cant think of anyone else, besides Anderson, who has a better record at MW during that time.
Mousasi would easily be top 3 in the UFC today, too BTW. The guy is just incredibly consistent.

lol what a ridiculus take on Vovchanchyn.
Huge respect for him but not even close to #1 LHW of all time no matter the criteria ffs

Whos better than Mousasi that wasnt an obvious PED user?

Yeah he would have a case there.

We were talking about Rockhold though, who doesnt seem like an obvious cheater to me but who knows

lol what a ridiculus take on Vovchanchyn.
Huge respect for him but not even close to #1 LHW of all time no matter the criteria ffs

Ok, then I declare him the best fighter of the 90s, how about that ?

tiny man (barely overy 170cm) from poor country goes on longest unbeaten most violent streak in history against mostly heavyweights. At the end of his career he becomes the first man (*Not Fujita) to stop Mark Kerr and reaches the finals of PRIDE GP. A human wrecking ball with the height of a lightweight.

No one with his height/weight/reach stats has ever achieved anything like that, he was a midget compared to "small heavyweights" like Fedor and Cormier

BTW Rockholds super hero physique, premature balding and post USADA
decline make me kind of suspicious of him, even though I love his style of destruction..Mousasi just seems more "natural"..Also rockhold never fought above MW iirc ...despite being huge...can't respect that...

Last edited:
I think I have gotten brainwashed by the UFC crowd recently when it comes to rankings and thats why I wrote that shit about Mousasi a while back.

Career longelivity, success in multiple promotions, tournament peformance, not being a cheater and fighting above your weightclass are more important to me than holding a UFC title or having "top 10 wins" ... I always knew this but the fucking UFC and sherdog retards brainwashed me

Ok, then I declare him the best fighter of the 90s, how about that ?

tiny man (barely overy 170cm) from poor country goes on longest unbeaten most violent streak in history against mostly heavyweights. At the end of his career he becomes the first man (*Not Fujita) to stop Mark Kerr and reaches the finals of PRIDE GP. A human wrecking ball with the height of a lightweight.

No one with his height/weight/reach stats has ever achieved anything like that, he was a midget compared to "small heavyweights" like Fedor and Cormier

Well I dont agree but from the 90s you would have a case. 20 years have gone by since the 90s in which many athletes earned a much better case...beating much better fighters.

And btw, height is not everything. Igor was built like a wallbrick, about as tall as Latifi, for example, who arguably beat top5 HW Lewis. Derrick Lewis is not Paul Varelaans, mind you.

BTW Rockholds super hero physique, premature balding and post USADA
decline make me kind of suspicious of him, even though I love his style of destruction..Mousasi just seems more "natural"..Also rockhold never fought above MW iirc ...despite being huge...can't respect that...

Oh, it makes you suspicious that he is balding well into his 30s....OK.
Mousasi and Luke have pretty similar physique actually. If it seems more "natural" to your unbiased eyes...what can I say lol
I agree fighters who fight above their weight should get extra credit, that's why I place Mousasi above Rockhold in an all-time p4p ranking...based on their MW record alone...I dont think so.

Back