Mousasi's resume

What were the numbers of some of the smartest man in Nevada for Mousasi vs Jacare/Machida?
What do you think would be the numbers for Mousasi vs Rockhold/Romero?

Hall KOed Mousasi and got dominated every second of their 2 fights. Exactly like Mousasi in his feud with Jacare, even though Mousasi is way closer to Jacare's level than Hall is to Mousasi's.

Mousasi fought Shlemeko with a busted eye. Impressive. How much credit do you give Whittaker for fighting Romero with a busted knee and a busted hand and still winning? Keep in mind Shlemenko is not Romero.
Let me play teacher....again. The first mousasi- jacare fight was rather quick. The second fight, although jacare dominated the action through a game plan he was able to follow through " cause he was just too strong - enter eye wink- ", he was frustrated that his all world grappling couldnt get the job done sooner ( watch the fight - his coach was screaming at him). We call this apples and oranges and you're a coward to bring up any random fight cause ANYONE COULD DO THAT about anyone. My point is clear and cut of the gap in talent. Jacare and Machida were both around 2-1 favorites and that was accurate due to these variables- this was the beginning of mousasi s ufc tenure , he was fighting at 205, he made mush of Latifi s face on one leg, he had to address his BACK TO BACK ACL TEARS , still fought and took his first fight back at 185 in several years agsinst a pretty good version of lyoto machida. This is another laughable post .

.....and dont compare Whitaker ( who seems to get some sort of alleged injury in just about every fight ) to mousasi who makes the fucking walk to the cage every time out and DOESNT EVEN MAKE MENTION of his injuries. The eye thing,lol, is kind of unavoidable - uhh, lol , he had to make mention of a blown up / closed up eye . I mean - a blind person can see that ( u see what I did there ? )

Your point, pank, doesn't even belong in the same conversation due to the players involved, the wide gap in talent and the odds.

ONCE MOUSASI GOT HIS UFC FOOTING ( after the second Souza fight and realized what he needed to do - he did ). From that point forth he hasnt lost a fight outside 15 seconds in Japan ( which I can cry fluke but wont cause the tko did take place) and the Lovato Jr. debacle( which I honestly felt Raphael had no business walking away with that title .That's my opinion- no bias- my opinion .I've already admitted in this very same thread of past mousasi losses). One fighter opened up his big fat mouth about menko ( a guy that would beat menko 9/10x) and the result. He even,lol, got his wish. Gegard Mousasi ruined him and , of course, the double standards came out like roaches thru cracks in a wall. This continues to be the theme of the uneducated mma community( not fighters / journalists) on one of only 2 goat middles. Anderson Silva - of course- the other .

I've been reading your opinions about the middleweight division over the past years .You're all over the place but you're not alone. This is human nature ( and I do respect your opinion- you've put together rather nice long reads ..... some very good....some not so much .I just dont have the time to surf the dog all day. I see a mousasi thread .....I will defend . I will educate .I will take on all comers . I'm sure I ve even missed a handful of gegard threads ).

I dont have the time to exchange essays all day so if I dont respond its because I have responsibilities out the ass or - like I've already posted- it becomes futile so why even ?

This different cause you're talking ABOUT MY WORLD( betting odds). You're trying to understand it so I cant fault u for that.

Last edited:
Yeah I can see a case for Mousasi top5 MW of all-time.
For the record, Rockhold was ranked higher and would have been favoured to beat him for more than 2-3 years though, more like at least 5 years.

Dinho was more flashy but not the better player man. In terms of stats (goals/assists), is not even close even in his best year.

Messi is better than him and any other player ever. He just thinks and plays at a different speed and do it all.

Ronaldo is a more limited player than Dinho was in midfield and I could agree he is less well-rounded but he is also in a whole other level as a striker so he should get the edge as well imo
Well, Rockhold was possibly ranked higher than Mousasi somewhere between 2014 (When he had his first victory in the UFC) to 2016 (when he was KO'd by Bisping) it was all downhill from there. That is 3 years at the most. From there he has been fighting literally once a year; 4 fights in 4 years, none in 2020. Again, I can see Rockhold being considered a better fighter in his prime but his longevity leaves a lot to be desired. You are talking about a guy whose prime lasted around 3 years against someone whose prime has spanned over a decade. I just prefer Mousasi as an all-around fighter for those reasons. In their primes, who would win? I would give an edge to Rockhold.

Messi is other-worldly but he has always relied on a solid midfield to do all the heavy lifting. When you let Messi worry only about playing soccer, he is definitively the best, possibly ever. You can see that from 2009-2015 when he had Busquest, Xavi, Iniesta doing all the heavy lifting in the midfield. He was a freaking devil in the field but he didnt have to worry about defending or being a leader, etc. All he had to worry about was getting the ball and doing some magic. As soon as they started leaving, and Messi didnt have the midfield to do all the work for him, you started seeing a decline in his game, which has become more evident in the past 2 years. You can also see it with the Argentina national team, they dont have a proper midfield so Messi cant shine. Ronaldinho, on the other hand, could do it all by himself, he could take the burden of the entire team on his shoulders and carry the team to championships. I know Xavi and Iniesta were already there when Ronaldinho was there, however, Iniesta wasnt nearly the player he was in 2006 as he was from 2008-2015.

In theory- I love what you're saying and if people really understood the xs and os of the little things in that fight , people would understand what you're saying . Mousasi did spend too much time on his back for me to realistically give him the win and he did do the only damage in fight - from his back - but it all came in the second round. All those takedowns and paying Dean Lister a small fortune resulted in king mo passing guard in that fight zero ZERO times in 25 minutes and a gazillion takedowns. One of the more remarkable stats of all time.....and that was pre cardio mousasi. Gegard lost that fight on arrogance and the passive nature of king mos wrestling credentials. He beats mo " pretty much " every time they fight.
I have to be honest so people cant cry bias at me .....and have a good point in doing so .

insefintely hear you. And I’ve watched that’s fight an handful of times but not in years.
A fight is a fight and inbthe most simplest terms the guy who is beating the other guy up should win the round. If it’s on the feet on the ground up down and any where in between.
The last thing you should view is control. And if you’re doing nothing with the control you are basically taking the fight out of the fight

if you are active and landing strikes or passing or going for subs that’s great with me. But even if you have a straight control based offense That is even fine. But when you’re pinning a guy against the fence or on the ground. You better not be getting hit more in that position that is regarded more heavily for some reason because you are on top of pressing a guys against the fence.
It’s who’s going for more. Who’s hitting the guy more with impact. Not just laying on a guy.

I never got that perspective.

What I'm hearing is, and frankly what you always hear with some here fans is...if you can vigorously try to explain away all of someone's losses, they then have no losses. :rolleyes:

insefintely hear you. And I’ve watched that’s fight an handful of times but not in years.
A fight is a fight and inbthe most simplest terms the guy who is beating the other guy up should win the round. If it’s on the feet on the ground up down and any where in between.
The last thing you should view is control. And if you’re doing nothing with the control you are basically taking the fight out of the fight

if you are active and landing strikes or passing or going for subs that’s great with me. But even if you have a straight control based offense That is even fine. But when you’re pinning a guy against the fence or on the ground. You better not be getting hit more in that position that is regarded more heavily for some reason because you are on top of pressing a guys against the fence.
It’s who’s going for more. Who’s hitting the guy more with impact. Not just laying on a guy.

I never got that perspective.
Thats a good take and I definitely dont find it " unreasonable ".

I love ya pank ....and its freekn early over here so I only read first part. This is my last response to you ( not out of disrespect but the futile thing...and I apologize for not reading your whole deal).
Why do people bring up shlemenko ?
He was the first fighter in Gegards career to land a damaging shot to the face of Mousasi. It wasnt just damage- a broken eye socket 45 seconds in and still had the balls to dominate round and win fight. You ever have a broken orbital ? You're eye COMPLETELY shuts and in most cases fight is halted ( watch replay of in between rounds- the first doctor is ready to call fight). Shit happens when you've been doing this on this level for this long of time - and credit to menko. However, Mousasi was an 8-1 favorite before fight and hed be the same 8-1 favorite in a rematch. What does that tell you ? We already saw this in the Uriah Hall situation- he was a BIGGER FAVORITE in re match. It was like a man fighting a boy over 2 fights ,outside a crazy 15 seconds .

Watch the 2nd machida fight with your own eyes and volume on mute . Please.
Was it uneventful? Yes . Was it also one sided ? A big yes 30-27 all day ( 2 of the judges were paying attention).

I'll see you on another thread, pank.

Oh,btw, wasnt it you ( not that long ago) who posted a title that mousasi would have best chance in beating Israel?
( did I influence you ? I hope I did and you did the right thing cause I'm a bit "ahead of the curve " to alot of sherdoggers. That's not too humble on my part but I am who I am and I stand by most my opinions- who knows? [ to be humble and fair] ).

Syracuse + 15 on saturday- oh shite, sorry wrong sport.
Your welcome to my followers who took advantage OF ANOTHER FRANKLIN U winner .Syracuse won for fun ( +15, +14.5) . This is what I do . I fucking win. My clients call and think I'm nuts.

No.

Well, Rockhold was possibly ranked higher than Mousasi somewhere between 2014 (When he had his first victory in the UFC) to 2016 (when he was KO'd by Bisping) it was all downhill from there. That is 3 years at the most. From there he has been fighting literally once a year; 4 fights in 4 years, none in 2020. Again, I can see Rockhold being considered a better fighter in his prime but his longevity leaves a lot to be desired. You are talking about a guy whose prime lasted around 3 years against someone whose prime has spanned over a decade. I just prefer Mousasi as an all-around fighter for those reasons. In their primes, who would win? I would give an edge to Rockhold.

Why should we ignore Rockhold's unbeaten 9-0 run in Strikeforce? Because it wasn't in UFC? It's an absurd point but more so when compared with Mousasi who arrived to UFC at the same time lol

By 2012, Rockhold was the defending Strikeforce MW champion - the most prestigius belt in the promotion along with HW - and had actually outclassed Jardine with much more ease than Mousasi had donde just some months before.

Rockhold's last win was in 2017, a finish over David Branch who was ranked #6 iirc. Branch was a very legit opponent, would have easily been top5 win in Mousasi's career.

So from 2012-2017 Rockhold had a case to be ranked above Mousasi, more so considering he did better vs the 4 or 5 common opponents they fought during that time frame.

For the record, I'd agree with Mousasi being ranked above Rockhold from an all-time p4p standpoint, based on longevity and quality wins and losses above his weight; just wanted to give credit to the often downplayed and caricatured career of Luke, specially his impressive run in Strikforce.

Messi is other-worldly but he has always relied on a solid midfield to do all the heavy lifting. When you let Messi worry only about playing soccer, he is definitively the best, possibly ever. You can see that from 2009-2015 when he had Busquest, Xavi, Iniesta doing all the heavy lifting in the midfield. He was a freaking devil in the field but he didnt have to worry about defending or being a leader, etc. All he had to worry about was getting the ball and doing some magic. As soon as they started leaving, and Messi didnt have the midfield to do all the work for him, you started seeing a decline in his game, which has become more evident in the past 2 years. You can also see it with the Argentina national team, they dont have a proper midfield so Messi cant shine. Ronaldinho, on the other hand, could do it all by himself, he could take the burden of the entire team on his shoulders and carry the team to championships. I know Xavi and Iniesta were already there when Ronaldinho was there, however, Iniesta wasnt nearly the player he was in 2006 as he was from 2008-2015.

First of all, take for granted that Xavi, Iniesta, Busquests - and even Dinho himself - acknowledge Messi as the best player they haver ever played with. They stated so in countless occasions.

I can't think of a single major aspect of the game Messi is not better than Dinho: it's a better playmaker, has more accuracy in passes, has better dribbling and better shoot.

Teams allow Messi to not invest efforts in defense so he can save those runs to create attacks - same for Ronaldo in any team he is at - but it's not like Dinho was exactly a work-horse in midfield. Not at all.

I don't know what do you refer to when you say Dinho was able "to take the burden of the entire team on his shoulders and carry the team to championships"....when was that?

Messi has carried the team in countless occasions and even in the badly disorganized Argentina national team, he carried them to the finals in a World championship

Why should we ignore Rockhold's unbeaten 9-0 run in Strikeforce? Because it wasn't in UFC? It's an absurd point but more so when compared with Mousasi who arrived to UFC at the same time lol

By 2012, Rockhold was the defending Strikeforce MW champion - the most prestigius belt in the promotion along with HW - and had actually outclassed Jardine with much more ease than Mousasi had donde just some months before.

Rockhold's last win was in 2017, a finish over David Branch who was ranked #6 iirc. Branch was a very legit opponent, would have easily been top5 win in Mousasi's career.

So from 2012-2017 Rockhold had a case to be ranked above Mousasi, more so considering he did better vs the 4 or 5 common opponents they fought during that time frame.

For the record, I'd agree with Mousasi being ranked above Rockhold from an all-time p4p standpoint, based on longevity and quality wins and losses above his weight; just wanted to give credit to the often downplayed and caricatured career of Luke, specially his impressive run in Strikforce.
You are not fair at all. For example:

Mousasi fought the best version of Lyoto in Brazil after 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff. Rockhold fought the worst one, just look at this LMAO, he had 0 muscles in that fight.

Who did Luke beat in Strikeforce? Jacare which was a robbery and Kennedy. Mousasi's DREAM run is way better than Luke's Strikeforce run.

The Lyoto comparation is like Vitor's. Luke fought TRT Vitor and got KTFO while Mousasi fought not so roided Vitor and won easily.

Luke is 16-5 with some brutal losses already. He's nowhere near Mousasi on the p4p list.
Mousasi is 47-7. Can Luke go 31-2 to have the same record as Moose? If he fought 33 more times he would lose at least 15 of them, maybe more cuz his chin is cracked already

Last edited:
You are not fair at all.

Luke is 16-5 with some brutal losses already. He's no where near Mousasi on the p4p list.
Mousasi is 47-7. Can Luke go 31-2 to have the same record as Moose? If he fought 33 more times he would lose at least 15 of them, maybe more cuz his chin is cracked already

First of all, I said I agree with Mousasi being ranked above Rochold on a p4p list all-time.
During their peak though, Rockhold absolutely had a case to be the better p4p fighter, but his peak didnt last even close as much as Mousasi's.

Mousasi fought the best version of Lyoto in Brazil after 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff. Rockhold fought the worst one, just look at this LMAO, he had 0 muscles in that fight.

You probably didnt invest not even a 1% of the time you dedicated to know about Mousai's struggles with injuries as you did for Rockhold's.
If you are gonna bring injuries, few people has been plagued by them more than Rockhold did. Stop with the textbook fanboy excuses.

Im not even gonna pronounce about that instagram pic you posted, as if you somehow made a point with that.lol. Cut the BS.

Machida fought Luke just one year after he did Mousasi. To compare that with the Belfort 2013-2016, or with Belfort at all, is simply ridiculous.

Try to make a point with some susbstance because I didnt see Luke overpowering Machida or outlasting him, which you could attribute to a physicatity gap. I saw him cutting off Machida's footwork much better than Mousasi did and when he landed, did so in more devastating fashion than Mousasi.

Same as their fights with Phillipou and Jardine, actually.
Why did Mousasi took Jardine and Phillipou to decisions while Rockhold KOed them with ease in one round.
Some injury/IG post/Xanax or any other BS excuse for those?

Who did Luke beat in Strikeforce? Jacare which was a robbery and Kennedy. Mousasi's DREAM run is way better than Luke's Strikeforce run.

Robbery?
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/3012/Luke-Rockhold-vs-Ronaldo-Souza

Can you try to hide your ridiculous fanboyism a bit?

In 2012, Rockhold coming off wins over Jacare and Kennedy in tittle fights as well as KOing Jardine had a very legit case to be ranked above Mousasi, who was coming off a loss to King Mo and a much more lackluster showing vs Jardine.

Last edited:
First of all, I said I agree with Mousasi being ranked above Rochold on a p4p list all-time.
During their peak though, Rockhold absolutely had a case to be the better p4p fighter, but his peak didnt last even close as much as Mousasi's.

You probably didnt invest not even a 1% of the time you dedicated to know about Mousai's struggles with injuries as you did for Rockhold's.
If you are gonna bring injuries, few people has been plagued by them more than Rockhold did. Stop with the textbook fanboy excuses.

Im not even gonna pronounce about that instagram pic you posted, as if you somehow made a point with that.lol. Cut the BS.

Machida fought Luke just one year after he did Mousasi. To compare that with the Belfort 2013-2016 is simply ridiculous.

Try to make a point with some susbstance because I didnt see Luke overpowering Machida or outlasting him, which you could attribute to a physicatity gap. I saw him cutting off Machida's footwork much better than Mousasi did and when he landed, did so in more devastating fashion than Mousasi.

Same as their fights with Phillipou and Jardine, actually.
Why did Mousasi took Jardine and Phillipou to decisions while Rockhold KOed them with ease in one round.
Some injury/IG post/Xanax or any other BS excuse for those?

Robbery?
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/3012/Luke-Rockhold-vs-Ronaldo-Souza

Can you try to hide your ridiculous fanboyism a bit?

In 2012, Rockhold coming off wins over Jacare and Kennedy in tittle fights as well as KOing Jardine had a very legit case to be ranked above Mousasi, who was coming off a loss to King Mo and a much more lackluster showing vs Jardine.
Have you seen the Mousasi/Philippou fight? He outstruck him 137/12 LOL and 4/4 takedowns on him. Philippou retired after the Moose fight.

Mousasi outstruck Jardine 146 to 21 and f#cked him up really good. Luke beat Gegard's leftovers.

Have you seen the Mousasi/Philippou fight? He outstruck him 137/12 LOL and 4/4 takedowns on him. Philippou retired after the Moose fight.

Mousasi outstruck Jardine 146 to 21 and f#cked him up really good. Luke beat Gegard's leftovers.

LOL
Ok

Franklin U's extreme fanboysim is a good thing, imo, other than occasionaly stirring him up we should let it be, fuck the UFC

Gegard p4p #1 MW

Every other conteder is a PED taking cheater, Anderson? Machida ? Romero ? hahahahaha they are all proven cheaters without the longevelity or skills of Gegard

Rockhold and Wiedman were deflated after USADA as well...

come on guys get real, when it comes to clean fighters who last the distance gegard is #1 at MW

His lack of top fights is promoter's fault IMO, they dont want to risk more marketable fighters getting humiliated by a skinny and natural armenian

I'm not ignoring is Strikeforce run but, unfortunately ranking wise winning some fights in Strikeforce meant very little back then. It certainly did not make a case for Rockhold to be ranked. Just like winning some fights in Bellator means very little ranking wise. Just look at Pitbull, Lima, Chandler, etc. we all know they are elite fighters, however, rankings does not reflect that. In hindsight, we can judge today and say that Rockhold was always a great fighter even when he fought outside the UFC, but the biased towards the UFC did not reflect those rankings back in the day, or even today.

I'm not ignoring is Strikeforce run but, unfortunately ranking wise winning some fights in Strikeforce meant very little back then. It certainly did not make a case for Rockhold to be ranked. Just like winning some fights in Bellator means very little ranking wise. Just look at Pitbull, Lima, Chandler, etc. we all know they are elite fighters, however, rankings does not reflect that. In hindsight, we can judge today and say that Rockhold was always a great fighter even when he fought outside the UFC, but the biased towards the UFC did not reflect those rankings back in the day, or even today.

What are we discussing then?
If you want to go by published rankings alone there is no case for Mousasi being ranked #2 MW of all time. He is not, period.
He barely ever beat a top5 ranked in his division so taking the approach you suggest for assessing Rockhold, we should not consider Mousasi even close to top5 MW all-time.
But we both know that's a simpleton and flawed aprroach, I just wonder why you acknowledge it when assessing Mousasi but pretend to ignore it when assessing Rockhold

First of all, take for granted that Xavi, Iniesta, Busquests - and even Dinho himself - acknowledge Messi as the best player they haver ever played with. They stated so in countless occasions.

I can't think of a single major aspect of the game Messi is not better than Dinho: it's a better playmaker, has more accuracy in passes, has better dribbling and better shoot.

Teams allow Messi to not invest efforts in defense so he can save those runs to create attacks - same for Ronaldo in any team he is at - but it's not like Dinho was exactly a work-horse in midfield. Not at all.

I don't know what do you refer to when you say Dinho was able "to take the burden of the entire team on his shoulders and carry the team to championships"....when was that?

Messi has carried the team in countless occasions and even in the badly disorganized Argentina national team, he carried them to the finals in a World championship
Dont get me wrong, I myself think Messi is the GOAT. But I also think that for Messi to be the GOAT he needs a strong support in the midfield, otherwise he cant shine. As far as Messi vs Dinho, I do agree Messi is a better all-around player, again I think he is the GOAT, however, Dinho did not need a strong midfield to shine like Messi does and has a stronger leadership than Messi, too.

I know teams allow Messi to not invest efforts so he can save those runs to create attack but Messi takes it to another level. He literally walks around the field and does not even bother defending in the slightest. The same cannot be said about Cristiano or Dinho, or possibly any other player in the world tbh.

Well, the Champions League title in 2006 was primarily due to Ronaldinho being God-like throughout the knockout stage. He was the leader in the field. Remember 2006 Barcelona was not a team full of stars like a couple of years after it was and they didnt have an amazing coach like Guardiola, either. In the 2006 Barcelona team Ronaldinho was the leader. Of course, Xavi, Puyol were still there too, but the entire attack relied on Ronaldinho being magical and Eto'o's effectiveness.

Barcelona's La Liga titles of 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 can also be largely attributed to Ronaldinho being the leader of that team. Remember that Barcelona had spent 5 years without winning a single title until Ronaldinho's second year in the team. Ronaldinho's largely changed the dynamic of the team and turned into a winning team. And that is something that all his teammates, including Xavi and Puyol, largely agree to.

Dont get me wrong, I myself think Messi is the GOAT. But I also think that for Messi to be the GOAT he needs a strong support in the midfield, otherwise he cant shine. As far as Messi vs Dinho, I do agree Messi is a better all-around player, again I think he is the GOAT, however, Dinho did not need a strong midfield to shine like Messi does and has a stronger leadership than Messi, too.

I know teams allow Messi to not invest efforts so he can save those runs to create attack but Messi takes it to another level. He literally walks around the field and does not even bother defending in the slightest. The same cannot be said about Cristiano or Dinho, or possibly any other player in the world tbh.

Well, the Champions League title in 2006 was primarily due to Ronaldinho being God-like throughout the knockout stage. He was the leader in the field. Remember 2006 Barcelona was not a team full of stars like a couple of years after it was and they didnt have an amazing coach like Guardiola, either. In the 2006 Barcelona team Ronaldinho was the leader. Of course, Xavi, Puyol were still there too, but the entire attack relied on Ronaldinho being magical and Eto'o's effectiveness.

Barcelona's La Liga titles of 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 can also be largely attributed to Ronaldinho being the leader of that team. Remember that Barcelona had spent 5 years without winning a single title until Ronaldinho's second year in the team. Ronaldinho's largely changed the dynamic of the team and turned into a winning team. And that is something that all his teammates, including Xavi and Puyol, largely agree to.

Yeah you have a case regarding Ronaldinho during his short peak. Magical player indeed, unique talent.

By the way, I remember those previous winning less years of Barcelona because they were routinely losing to "my club", a small club from a small city that, during a decade, contested the supremacy of Real and Barsa. God bless Deportivo de La Coruña and Mauro Silva, the GOAT deffensive midfielder :D

We won't ever see a phenomenon as Depor in modern football again btw :/

What are we discussing then?
If you want to go by published rankings alone there is no case for Mousasi being ranked #2 MW of all time. He is not, period.
He barely ever beat a top5 ranked in his division so taking the approach you suggest for assessing Rockhold, we should not consider Mousasi even close to top5 MW all-time.
But we both know that's a simpleton and flawed aprroach, I just wonder why you acknowledge it when assessing Mousasi but pretend to ignore it when assessing Rockhold
Well, because Mousasi has been ranked for over 10 years, while Rockhold has not even come close to that. There are no other MW other than Hendo and Anderson who can make that claim. Plus, he has beaten plenty of ranked opponents in that 10 year span too. So yes, Mousasi can be a disputed #2 MW of all time, he is definitely top 5.

Well, because Mousasi has been ranked for over 10 years, while Rockhold has not even come close to that. There are no other MW other than Hendo and Anderson who can make that claim. Plus, he has beaten plenty of ranked opponents in that 10 year span too. So yes, Mousasi can be a disputed #2 MW of all time, he is definitely top 5.

Yeah, but it doesn't match the approach you want to take for assessing Rockhold, and particularly his Strikeforce run.
You can spin it as you wish but the fact is Mousasi has barely ever beat a top5 ranked fighter at the time in his career. So no, under that approach he is not top5 MW of all time.
The argument that he was ranked for many years is not enough, under the criteria you suggest. Okami was also a steady presence in the rankings for so many years yet he is not a better MW all-time than others who did remain ranked for so long

Yeah you have a case regarding Ronaldinho during his short peak. Magical player indeed, unique talent.

By the way, I remember those previous winning less years of Barcelona because it happened that they were losing to "my club", a small club from a small city that, during a decade, contested the supremacy of Real and Barsa. God bless Deportivo de La Coruña and Mauro Silva, the GOAT deffensive midfielder :D

We won't ever see a case as Depor in modern football again btw :/
Oh man, I still remember the Super Depor! they ruined Real Madrid's centenary anniversary when they beat them at the Copa del Rey final, and for that they will always be in my heart LMAO. Roy Makaay was an amazing striker during those times too, I remember Rivaldo and Bebeto a few years earlier played for La Coruña, too. Plus, a fellow Mexican, Andres Guardado played for Deportivo, too.

Back