Mousasi Vs Silva

Bringin'TheHeat

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have been hoping to see this match up for a while. It seems to me that Silva is still elite and is top 10 material while the same can be said for Mousasi. They are both at a point where they realize they need to turn it up and quit messing around IF they want to win the fight. Is this a realistic matchup right now and who takes it? I say at this point in time Mousasi getting the KO or TKO within 3 rounds is a good possibility. Mousasi took some crazy shots from Machida and wasn't phased.

Even though I personaly rather see Mousasi vs Vitor, it's a very interesting fight vs Silva to.

Mousasi pretty much called everybody out post fight. Silva, Machida, Vitor, Bisping.

The timing is really good for this fight. Moose says he wants a name to get fired up... Silva is the biggest name and still dangerous.

At this point, Mousasi would kill Anderson. He would probably drop him with a jab, then finish with gnp. Gegards boxing is to slick, and Silva's defensive reflexes have slowed a little bit.

if this match up is made, silva will be 0-4-1 in his last 5

Andy's boxing is kinda meh. He only throws that wild right. He kinda fights like Feijao lately. Never attacks. I would pick Moose for sure if they fight.

Last edited:
Yeah the UFC is never going to make that fight. It's a bad and boring match up for Anderson and there should only be big name fights for Anderson until he retires. How about Mousasi vs Jacare?

Last edited:
There's only one part of their game where ones has a decisive edge over the other.,.....and thats the chin.
I see Gegard catching Anderson with something flat out nasty and there layth the fight.

Mousasi, 2nd round -late tko/ ko.

Silva could surprise moose with something unorthodox in the standup however if he gets drops, dragged or put on his back moose will finish silva with brutal and efficient ground and pound.

Back