Mousasi vs Gustaffson

I've severely underrated both fighters before, Gus before Shogun and Mousasi before I saw a lot of his fights. I'm still not really a fan of Gus but I get the Mousasi hype now, the dude is good. I'd like to see this fight and I see it a 50/50 fight, even though I don't like Gus he's legit.

Gus was very close to winning the belt. Right now the UFC has a PPV cash cow with the JBJ vs Gus rematch.

Mousasi is a legitimate threat to Gus and I believe he would win that fight. Then what?

Gus loses all of his draw power for the title rematch. The UFC knows this. They won't let the money slip through their fingers.

That is a definite possibility... I like the idea that there is a log jam at the top of 205, where before I haven't given a flying fuck about 205 in a long time.

I don't think Mousasi wins that fight. Mousasi lost rather lopsidedly to a dude who just got put to sleep in Bellator, in King Mo. Anyone have any doubts about whether Gus is better than King Mo?

Maybe I'm remembering the wrong fight but I thought Gegard did better off his back than Mo did from the top.

That is a definite possibility... I like the idea that there is a log jam at the top of 205, where before I haven't given a flying fuck about 205 in a long time.

I don't think Mousasi wins that fight. Mousasi lost rather lopsidedly to a dude who just got put to sleep in Bellator, in King Mo. Anyone have any doubts about whether Gus is better than King Mo?

Moot point, he got caught with a spinning backfist. Could have happened to anybody, Anderson's reign was ended with 1 left hook. Mousasi has bad tdd and he faced a good wrestler, who he still beat up from his back.

Maybe I'm remembering the wrong fight but I thought Gegard did better off his back than Mo did from the top.

King MO is a world class athlete trains his wrestling at the Olympian level he is really in my opinion the best wrestler in the LHW division by far.

Even then Moose did a good job in his guard and beat him up. No one jumps into Moose's guard and walks off clean not even a Jacare.

The good thing for Moose is that there is no wrestler at King Mo's level in the UFC to worry about especially at LHW. He should be game to fight anyone.

Mousasi has more interesting fights at MW than at LHW.

This fight is not next for GUS ... no one knows except the devout who Moose is ... we witnessed his injured fight against Latafi ... he prob would have lost that fight to GUS but he was not going to pull out.

I would love this fight but we need to see Moose earn the fight first.
I now think the LHW division is preparing for JBJ. We know he loves Spinning back kicks and elbows ... you can train for that ... no one has had to before ... so JBJ biggest advantage is going to be neutralized ... look at how K1 and Kickboxing avoid it.

i personally feel like GUS will beat the invincible JBJ in the next fight ...
similar to how Shogun Beat the invincible Machida in the second fight.

King MO is a world class athlete trains his wrestling at the Olympian level he is really in my opinion the best wrestler in the LHW division by far.

Even then Moose did a good job in his guard and beat him up. No one jumps into Moose's guard and walks off clean not even a Jacare.

The good thing for Moose is that there is no wrestler at King Mo's level in the UFC to worry about especially at LHW. He should be game to fight anyone.

With all that olympic experiences it still looked like King Mo got his ass kicked eventhough he had all that top control. Too bad takedown are worth more than actual damage done in a fight.

You answered your own question/thread in the original post.

Mousasi is moving to middleweight, this fight isn't happening

Yes but this fight has title implications and Mousasi would go for it.

I vote yes to this post.

Mousasi is a legitimate threat to Gus and I believe he would win that fight. Then what?

Gus loses all of his draw power for the title rematch. The UFC knows this. They won't let the money slip through their fingers.

Didnt you learn anything from Gus vs Jones? How can you still think after that fight that Mousasi would likely beat Gustafsson? :icon_chee

They should book it again so Gus can pull out again and get rewarded with a title shot.

Mousasi has more hype than X-mas.. Wake me when he does something in the UFC...

Gus is to high up in the rankings right now. I think Mousasi should have to beat some asses to climb the latter before a fight with gus. Stylistically it would be an awesome fight thou. It will prob happen some time in the future if not Mousasi goes down a weight class.

Didnt you learn anything from Gus vs Jones? How can you still think after that fight that Mousasi would likely beat Gustafsson? :icon_chee

To give you an idea how good Moose striking is he trains with A level strikers the best of the best from the Holland. Gustaffson is also from Europe too but even then he was never good enough to get into this striking camp up there and doesn't have that luxury in training partners nor coaches nowhere near at the K1 level that Moose has.

In a striking match I would love to see that fight though Moose would still be in favored to win. This isn't like Gus fighting a sloppy Thai brawler like Shogun or a JJ a poor boxer but with great reach this is unique guy a very high level technical striker.

superior striking, experience and a general not giving a shit

Gus isn't a better wrestler than King Mo and that's where Mousasi got beat. If Gus kept it standing with Mousasi, there's a definite possibility imo that Mousasi beats him.

Back