Mousasi vs Gustaffson

There's nothing in it for Alex. If he KOs Gegard then nothing changes - the US fans still wants to see him "tested" against a "high caliber wrestler" (ie; Rashad because every other wrestler "sucks"). If he beats him in a decision then he'll even fall down a notch because he should've finished the "overrated" Gegard... :rolleyes:

It's idiotic but the fact is that american fans makes this otherwise great fight impossible from Alex perspective. He needs Hendo, Rashad or Machida to make the type of undeniable impression required to make a title fight sell.

Overrated Gegard? lol. To who? Some Yank who only watches UFC?

It's a pretty killer matchup and makes sense.

In that fight he's be at a considerable wrestling and strength disadvantage. I see that going down similar to the Lawal fight.

Mo Lawal is five times the wrestler Bader is. Lawal also has solid boxing and take down transitions. Not saying Bader won't take Mous down, but I don't think as easily as Mo did. I think Gegard will have an easier time with Bader than Mo. At least, I'm interested to see if he can handle the top wrestlers in UFC. He has to, otherwise he'll just be a gatekeeper.

Nope, we already talked about it, you/ve missed it obviously.
I'd like Mousasi vs Shogun a lot. Shogun will test both his stand up and GG. He'd def look for these TD's and I want to see how will Gegard do in getting back up to his feet and maintaining the fight standing.
Def dont want to see hism against Shad or Davis. This woudl be tough to watch

Why don't you want to see him vs the wrestlers? As a fan you should want to see him challenged and overcome his weaknesses. He can't go on hiding from wrestlers, not in the UFC. He better be able to beat them, otherwise he will not win a title, that's for sure.

Btw, I'm willing to bet Gegard will be looking to put Shogun on his back.

Could happen, but Gus is so close to the title shot i don't think they would want to risk that. Mousasi has a good chance of beating any LHW on the feet, even Jones.

Overrated Gegard? lol. To who? Some Yank who only watches UFC?

It's a pretty killer matchup and makes sense.
I am quite confident that sherdog will be full of threads saying that Mousasi was overrated if gus beats him. Gus will get nothing out of that fight sadly.

Gus' standup is superior to Mousasi's.
Gus' fight to lose.

Both their striking games are pretty great. I don't think one is better than the other, but they certainly have different approaches.

Gus is more of a finesse type striker. His strikes are very clean and accumulate damage and he's able to throw them off without getting hit, which is a good quality to have.

Mousasi is more of a get gritty and take your head off type of striker. He will go for the kill and will take punches in the process.

I do feel that Mousasi seems a bit undersized for 205, while Gus is one of the bigger LHW's, but Mousasi has tons of experience and I think he'd had tricks up his sleeve to neutralize the reach disadvantage he is at.

It's a good matchup. I hope we get to see it.

Good prediction maybe I should get Joe Silva job!!!!!

Back