Mousasi vs Davis

i don't know guys. some of you are positive that davis would lnp him...i think it's a possibility buy not necessarily a bigger possibility than mr wonderful getting caught in 15/25 minutes. i remember so many people making the claim that davis was getting outstruck by prado in their first match before the eyepoke, and that he had terrible stand-up. where are they now?

How does some people making a stupid argument somehow make Mousasi more likely to win? Prado landed 2 strikes in the first fight in a fight that barely lasted over a minute.

Not that any of that even matters. Prado could probably out strike Davis in a pure striking match. Prado is a pretty talented striker but he doesn't have the takedown defense for it to matter. Just like Gegard doesn't have the takedown defense to stuff Phil's takedowns.

How does some people making a stupid argument somehow make Mousasi more likely to win? Prado landed 2 strikes in the first fight in a fight that barely lasted over a minute.

Not that any of that even matters. Prado could probably out strike Davis in a pure striking match. Prado is a pretty talented striker but he doesn't have the takedown defense for it to matter. Just like Gegard doesn't have the takedown defense to stuff Phil's takedowns.

i have to say, mousasi's striking is better than prado's, and his grappling is better as well. phil probably could get him down, if he doesn't get knocked out first, but i don't see davis subbing mousasi. so davis would have to avoid getting ko'd for the whole fight.

i have to say, mousasi's striking is better than prado's, and his grappling is better as well. phil probably could get him down, if he doesn't get knocked out first, but i don't see davis subbing mousasi. so davis would have to avoid getting ko'd for the whole fight.

I really doubt Mousasi ko's him off his back and Mousasi isn't a huge one punch KO guy in the first place.

yes Mousasi is a better striker and grappler than Prado but that means nothing. Davis absolutely crushed Prado so it's not exactly relevant if Davis and Mousasi fight.

Btw lol at "probably" could take him down. yes Mousasi smashed Jardine but Jardine easily and consistently took him down and Jardine is an awful athlete and wrestler.

Dream fight imo would be Mousasi vs. Shogun. Shogun won't be in title talks and this fight has guaranteed fireworks written all over it. Both guys have strong chins and striking, and neither has a size/reach advantage.

As a Mousasi fan a fight against Davis is probably the worst welcome I could imagine. Though I do want Mousasi to really shore up his wrestling, it doesn't make sense to give him such a bad matchup as his welcome fight.

Jardine, OSP, and King Mo all avoided getting KO'd for the whole fights and all were able to get on top of Mousasi with relative ease. Why is it so hard to believe that Davis would be able to avoid getting stopped? Mousasi has gone to a decision in his last 3 Strikeforce fights.

Davis is bigger than King Mo and a more talented submission grappler, and though he isn't as good of a wrestler, he's a more than a good enough wrestler to get Mousasi down.

Why not just make mousasi vs shogun and have a great fight? Mousasi is new but somewhat proven shogun is coming off a loss.

This would be the best fight to make. Davis would dominate Mousasi with his wrestling.

Sherdog is funny. Whenever posters think champions are being protected, they go insane.

1) "JDS/Cain are being kept safe from Ubereem (who doesn't know which substances are banned, despite having fought over a decade)"
2) "Jones is ducking Sonnen (who can't possibly beat him)/being protected from Hendo"
3) "Anderson is ducking Weidman and mythical 205 Hendo (with unlimited cardio and Fitch level commitment to the TD)"
4) "GSP is ducking Hendricks (whose style is virtually identical to Koscheck's) and Diaz (who actually ruined their previously scheduled fight"
5) "Bendo is ducking LW's who aren't even in the UFC"

Yeah, I've heard all these 100 times. Yet and still, Sherdog wants contenders to be protected!!! Anytime a contender has a potential tough stylistic matchup, posters whine that it's not fair.

If Mousasi can't stop Davis's TDs, a fight with Jones would be pointless. Jones has more varied TDs, far better GnP, and can actually hurt Mousasi with his striking once Mousasi is wary of the TD. If Mousasi avoids any wrestlers on his path to the title shot, I don't see what the interest in that fight would even be, given that the UFC would have conceded that he can't beat a good wrestler.

Sherdog is funny. Whenever posters think champions are being protected, they go insane.

1) "JDS/Cain are being kept safe from Ubereem (who doesn't know which substances are banned, despite having fought over a decade)"
2) "Jones is ducking Sonnen (who can't possibly beat him)/being protected from Hendo"
3) "Anderson is ducking Weidman and mythical 205 Hendo (with unlimited cardio and Fitch level commitment to the TD)"
4) "GSP is ducking Hendricks (whose style is virtually identical to Koscheck's) and Diaz (who actually ruined their previously scheduled fight"
5) "Bendo is ducking LW's who aren't even in the UFC"

Yeah, I've heard all these 100 times. Yet and still, Sherdog wants contenders to be protected!!! Anytime a contender has a potential tough stylistic matchup, posters whine that it's not fair.

If Mousasi can't stop Davis's TDs, a fight with Jones would be pointless. Jones has more varied TDs, far better GnP, and can actually hurt Mousasi with his striking once Mousasi is wary of the TD. If Mousasi avoids any wrestlers on his path to the title shot, I don't see what the interest in that fight would even be, given that the UFC would have conceded that he can't beat a good wrestler.

I don't want to see him fight Davis because he's not ready. He needs to fight a Bader, Thiago Silva, Tehuna type before taking on top 6 fighters.

That's my concern for this fight. Davis will know he can't strike with Mousasi, so he would be looking for the TD relentlessly. Once he has him down, he will know to fear Mousasi's striking off his back and his submissions. Davis is a conservative fighter, so he's not going to go for GnP or subs in that fight, because he won't want to risk Mousasi catching him. If Davis has his way, he's going to lay on Mousasi until the ref wakes him up from his nap.

I really doubt Mousasi ko's him off his back and Mousasi isn't a huge one punch KO guy in the first place.

yes Mousasi is a better striker and grappler than Prado but that means nothing. Davis absolutely crushed Prado so it's not exactly relevant if Davis and Mousasi fight.

Btw lol at "probably" could take him down. yes Mousasi smashed Jardine but Jardine easily and consistently took him down and Jardine is an awful athlete and wrestler.

i didn't say mousasi would ko davis off his back. where are you getting that from? i was under the impression that when a new round started, the fighters stood up again. has the ufc changed its rules recently? and i don't believe i ever said the davis and prado fight was relevant, i just found it amusing that the same people claiming davis was on the verge of losing to wagner are nowhere to be found anymore.

i said "probably" because it's also a possibility that mousasi could hurt davis with strikes and finish him before phil ever gets a td.

Jardine, OSP, and King Mo all avoided getting KO'd for the whole fights and all were able to get on top of Mousasi with relative ease. Why is it so hard to believe that Davis would be able to avoid getting stopped? Mousasi has gone to a decision in his last 3 Strikeforce fights.

Davis is bigger than King Mo and a more talented submission grappler, and though he isn't as good of a wrestler, he's a more than a good enough wrestler to get Mousasi down.

so his last 3 fights completely negate the rest of his career? davis has also shown some of the worst striking in the division (offensive and defensive) for anyone in the top ten. is it inconceivable that mousasi could catch him, then finish with gnp or a submission?

I don't want to see him fight Davis because he's not ready. He needs to fight a Bader, Thiago Silva, Tehuna type before taking on top 6 fighters.

Bader would get his chin checked, and I actually don't think Bader deserves Mousasi. I love the Thiago Silva idea, because Thiago is decent wrestler. If Mousasi can stop his TDs, we'll know that he's been improving. Now if only Thiago can stop taking banned substances before Dana gives him the boot.

Putting Mousasi against any wrestler in his debut is a bad idea if the UFC wants to market him.
Introduce him to the fans with a gimme, then give him to Davis.

Davis would wrestlefuck him for 3 rounds in a unanimous decision. It wouldn't be close. I would love for this to be his first fight for all of the "I told you he was a can!" posts by everyone afterwards.

No thank you, I would rather see paint dry than see Phil find out hes uncomfortable on the feet against Gegard and wrassle-fuck him the rest of the fight.

Probably the least interesting fight I can think of. I like the Te Huna idea.

Back