Mousasi says he’d beat Whittaker

Moose’s Jab is a offensive weapon Moose does not do well going backwards. Robs aggression and accuracy would be to much for Moose. He wilts when he isnt leading.
Will have to go back Nd watch some fights to see if that is true

Mousasi is a straight shooter, anyone familiar with both fighters would pick Gegard

I believed that until he accused Machida of greasing after his loss and then took a victory lap after USADA fucked Lyoto over.

Nah. Mousasi is a decently average fighter, but nothing more than that.

Dillon Danis thinks he can beat Jon Jones too

Easy to talk when there's no danger of having to back it up

Pretty easy to say "Hey Robert's a great fighter doing great things I'm just here in Bellator focusing on my next opponent" (some nobody who does BJJ, apparently)
Sounds like someone without the confidence to speak his mind.

He probably would. One of the worst match ups for Whittaker

But he could also get KO'd in a weird flukey way too

I favor Mousasi over Whittaker via superior striking and ground game. What do you guys think?
I think whittaker isnt a bad match up for him, but I think hes less than a 20% chance against someone like Romero.
Still think Whittaker wins though

I'd agree with him. Still kind of a slimy thing to say when you know the fight can't happen.
It was brought up and asked.The real funny thing( of course) is that 90% of sherdog(of course) still has no clue how situation unraveled and how things went down but just look at end result and talk bull donkey.
Towards end of interview- some more hilarious stuff from one of the goats as he mentions the haters and calls them ,lmao," cockroaches " who hide in cracks of wall waiting for him to lose so they can come out do what they do . " Its like I have to win otherwise they come out and "eat shit" and do their thing.
- deadpan Gegard is now starting to match his in cage abilities with " hilarious mousasi"
- always support the Armenian assassin

Mousasi is a favourite.... but I believe he’s slightly past his prime and I’d pick Whittaker

He looked very beatable against Machida and Jacare. And his fight with Wiedman was a coin toss up to the disqualification. I’m not sure Moose is as elite as a lot of ppl think. Or at least he’s very hot and cold in the ring.

Did you see what Hall hit him with? And he didn’t even go out fully lmao. Whitaker got knocked out by Thompson

I can use your opinion straight back at you.

Did you see what Thompson hit him with? He didn't even go fully out lmao.

That aside Moose dropped from lhw to mw . Gets knocked out by hall. * whom whittaker easily dealt with * and subbed by Jacare. Whom Whittaker starched.

Not to mention Rob is undefeated at mw. Moose is not. Plus they have some common opponents. To somehow make the assumption that moose destroys Rob is laughable in so many ways imo

I'm familiar with both. I don't see Moose beating Whittaker. As another poster pointed out, he was getting pieced up by Shlemenko and only won by the grace of the judges.
Lol- the guy had a broken orbital 45 seconds in( to shlemenkos credit) and still dominated round 1, did what he had to do in round 2 with no depth perception and take that round ,gave him 3rd AND WON.
What's wrong with you people ?

I got Whittaker. I think he's more durable and his striking is more effective. Mousasi never had a run like him at MW (got beat by Machida and got finished by Jacare and Hall). Until someone beats Whittaker or unless he looks like shit from the wars I'm gonna have him as the favorite.
How is Whittaker (who got rocked like 10 times in one fight by a sloppy brawler) more durable than Mousasi?

Mousasi also had a successful career at HW and LHW, things that Whittaker hasn't done.

Did ya even follow his career, dude? Do ya know who he did fight?

Yeah, mate, watched him since his strikeforce days. He looked good against lesser comp, but other than Weidman, he lost every time he got near the top of the pack in the UFC. Go have a look at his record. He'd take out a few journeymen or washed up fighters, then lose to someone who was elite.

I honestly have nothing against the Moose. I loved him back in Strikeforce. He was one of my favorites back then. But he couldn't cut it at the top of the UFC. Now, seeing him talk shit while at the top of a lesser org is just sad. He's all pumped up on what? beating a fattened up Rory? Who also couldn't handle it i the UFC.

No he wouldnt. He ate massive overhands from Shlemenko because Shlemenko was faking the take downs. Robert would be jumpin in on him and fucking him up left and right while mixing it up. Gegard barely barely beat Shlemenko. Robert kicks his ass.
After watching that fight, Shlemenko got shafted. Mussasi just signed and refs didn't want to spoil it for Coker. Pretty sure he lost that fight.

Yes he could. He is a much better kick boxer than Whitaker.

Well said. I respectfully disagree with some of that and actually quite like him but I absolutely do agree that saying he could beat Whitaker while in Bellator is rather cowardly. I appreciate your well thought response btw. Doesn’t happen much around here.

Cheers, mate. I honestly have nothing against Moose. I loved him back in the day. His boxing was awesome to watch. The dude just didn't pan out in the UFC once he fought the better guys. It's annoying that he left on an actual winning streak. I'd not have favored him against Rob, Romero or Luke, but he would have still given them a fight and it would've been nice to watch at least.

Back