Mousasi says he’d beat Whittaker

My bad, I meant inconsistent against against top competition. I don't put much stock in fighters who have awesome records and ran through way lesser comp in regionals or lesser orgs.

I'm looking at the UFC. he beat a bunch of mid-tier fighters. he beat Mike Kyle, then Latifi, and then Machida beat him fairly easily. Then he beats Munhoz (mid-tier again), and the gets absolutely flogged by Jacare. Then old man Hendo and Costa Phillopu (mid tier again). Then Leites(mid-tier), Hall(mid-tier), Santos(was mid-tier but came up), Vitor (washed up at the time), and then finally Weidman who was on a 2 fight losing streak.

He was clearly inconsistent when it came to fight the more elite fighters. He never fought guys like Whittaker or Yoel or Luke. The best fighter he fought was Jacare, and he got absolutely thrashed everywhere in that fight before getting finished. He didn't look like he belonged in there against Jacare.

Now he's run off to Bellator and talking shit from there? Moose is a joke.
Well said. I respectfully disagree with some of that and actually quite like him but I absolutely do agree that saying he could beat Whitaker while in Bellator is rather cowardly. I appreciate your well thought response btw. Doesn’t happen much around here.

Don't leave the UFC and then say shit like this. IMO.
doesnt make it false. I believe he could beat any given MW and almost any LHW on the planet. Dude is a savage. Never been a big fan but his skill is undeniable and he matches up well with anyone. Whittaker is a beast in his own right. Fight would be a coin flip IMO

Lol. Fucking moose. Got pieced up on the feet by Souza, who Whittaker annihilated, and eventually ran off to Bellator to fight easier competition. Dude is inconsistent as fuck and annoying with his shit talk. If he was good enough to beat Whittaker, he would've stayed in the UFC and done it.
pipe down kid. You are obviously clueless

Nobody said anything bad about him going to Bellator. But once you are in Bellator, maybe focus on Bellator fighters. Is the point of every post you just quoted. Nobody cares he is in Bellator, good for him.

You guys are like a bunch of gossiping teenagers.

Please quote verbatim where Moose was "talking shit". You keep repeating this hyperbole that he should just keep his mouth shut and not talk about fighters who he has no chance of fighting, and you frame all of this off of some invented narrative that he was out of line for running his mouth.

A. He was conducting an interview and RESPONDING to questions asked of him.
B. His exact statement that he "thinks he would have a good chance to beat him" was said politely and there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about that statement.

Stop over-dramatizing what he said.

Can't bet against Bobby. Dude knows how to find a way to win.

I love moose, but I just don’t see it. Although, I do think Moose smokes Israel.

Probably, but how would he do against Romero?

Would be a great fight. Can see it going either way honestly, fairly even matchup. I suppose I favour Whittaker given his durability.

No he wouldnt. He ate massive overhands from Shlemenko because Shlemenko was faking the take downs. Robert would be jumpin in on him and fucking him up left and right while mixing it up. Gegard barely barely beat Shlemenko. Robert kicks his ass.

Shlemenko kills Whittaker.

he is very humble in the video tbh, he was asked about it and said he has a really good chance. which is true and not debateable. he is a top 5 mw.

In and out style while eating teh Jab though

Moose’s Jab is a offensive weapon Moose does not do well going backwards. Robs aggression and accuracy would be to much for Moose. He wilts when he isnt leading.

You guys are like a bunch of gossiping teenagers.

Please quote verbatim where Moose was "talking shit". You keep repeating this hyperbole that he should just keep his mouth shut and not talk about fighters who he has no chance of fighting, and you frame all of this off of some invented narrative that he was out of line for running his mouth.

A. He was conducting an interview and RESPONDING to questions asked of him.
B. His exact statement that he "thinks he would have a good chance to beat him" was said politely and there is absolutely nothing unreasonable about that statement.

Stop over-dramatizing what he said.
While I agree with you... the people who don't grasp the fact that this guy was answering a question he was asked...are probably not worth the effort of attempting to explain a rational thought to them. They want to jump to extreme judgemental reactions and aren't concerned with insignificant details like facts or circumstances.

Did you expect him to say "Nah Whittaker would beat my ass"?

He was clearly inconsistent when it came to fight the more elite fighters. He never fought guys like Whittaker or Yoel or Luke. The best fighter he fought was Jacare
Did ya even follow his career, dude? Do ya know who he did fight?

Yeah the guy who got finished by Uriah Hall is more durable than the guy that went 5 rounds twice with Yoel Romero :rolleyes:
Did you see what Hall hit him with? And he didn’t even go out fully lmao. Whitaker got knocked out by Thompson

Back