Mousasi says he’d beat Whittaker

Lol. Fucking moose. Got pieced up on the feet by Souza, who Whittaker annihilated, and eventually ran off to Bellator to fight easier competition. Dude is inconsistent as fuck and annoying with his shit talk. If he was good enough to beat Whittaker, he would've stayed in the UFC and done it.
I agree with most of that except for the part about him being “inconsistent as fuck.” He’s 45-6. Like him or not, he’s been one of the most consistent winning fighters in MMA.

[
QUOTE="Rampage_Jackson, post: 152822057, member: 98278"]Maybe happens on Sherdog but not a single person ITT has shit on Gegard for getting a good deal to fight in Bellator. Swing and a miss big fella.[/QUOTE]

Oh really?

Don't leave the UFC and then say shit like this. IMO.

^^^
|||||

It's easy to say you can do something when you don't have to back it up.

He had a chance to prove himself against the best fighters in the world and he left for Bellator.

Hope he's making a comfortable living and getting everything he wants outside of the cage because he won't get it inside of the cage. Simple as that.

If he was good enough to beat Whittaker, he would've stayed in the UFC and done it.

Sure, get a UFC contract first.

He'd smash Whitaker, I think. He wouldn't just beat him, but he would dominate him. Match ups make fights, Whitakker would get smashed. So would Israel, and Kevin. Romero would be the toughest match up.

Mousasi would molest Whitakker.
Interesting - so how would Mousasi vs Uriah Hall 3 go down?

[
QUOTE="Rampage_Jackson, post: 152822057, member: 98278"]Maybe happens on Sherdog but not a single person ITT has shit on Gegard for getting a good deal to fight in Bellator. Swing and a miss big fella.

Oh really?

^^^
|||||[/QUOTE]
Nobody said anything bad about him going to Bellator. But once you are in Bellator, maybe focus on Bellator fighters. Is the point of every post you just quoted. Nobody cares he is in Bellator, good for him.

No he wouldnt. He ate massive overhands from Shlemenko because Shlemenko was faking the take downs. Robert would be jumpin in on him and fucking him up left and right while mixing it up. Gegard barely barely beat Shlemenko. Robert kicks his ass.
beat him with one eye closed

I got Whittaker. I think he's more durable and his striking is more effective. Mousasi never had a run like him at MW (got beat by Machida and got finished by Jacare and Hall). Until someone beats Whittaker or unless he looks like shit from the wars I'm gonna have him as the favorite.
Mousasi is more durable dude lol

easy to bark loud when you're on the other side of the fence.

Am I the only one that feels that Moose, a great fighter no doubt, is a bit overrated this forum? I’m actually very surprised by the amount of people that are very confident that he handles Whittaker.

Is he supposed to say he's gonna lose?

I mean Karen didn't even bring up Robert, Moose did. So why bring it up at all?

Pretty easy to say "Hey Robert's a great fighter doing great things I'm just here in Bellator focusing on my next opponent" (some nobody who does BJJ, apparently)

Agreed. He brought it up out of nowhere knowing it's never going to happen.

beat him with one eye closed
Robert would close both of them and knock him right the fuck out. B league champion. Ill take the guy who beat romero twice, and the guy who finished Jacare over the guy who got destroyed by jacare lol

I agree with most of that except for the part about him being “inconsistent as fuck.” He’s 45-6. Like him or not, he’s been one of the most consistent winning fighters in MMA.

My bad, I meant inconsistent against against top competition. I don't put much stock in fighters who have awesome records and ran through way lesser comp in regionals or lesser orgs.

I'm looking at the UFC. he beat a bunch of mid-tier fighters. he beat Mike Kyle, then Latifi, and then Machida beat him fairly easily. Then he beats Munhoz (mid-tier again), and the gets absolutely flogged by Jacare. Then old man Hendo and Costa Phillopu (mid tier again). Then Leites(mid-tier), Hall(mid-tier), Santos(was mid-tier but came up), Vitor (washed up at the time), and then finally Weidman who was on a 2 fight losing streak.

He was clearly inconsistent when it came to fight the more elite fighters. He never fought guys like Whittaker or Yoel or Luke. The best fighter he fought was Jacare, and he got absolutely thrashed everywhere in that fight before getting finished. He didn't look like he belonged in there against Jacare.

Now he's run off to Bellator and talking shit from there? Moose is a joke.

I love how people say "hurr he shouldn't have left UFC then"

if you were a pro athlete and the fucking B league paid you more than the A league, even though you were a TOP PLAYER in the A league, you'd be talking some shit too if asked.

UFC should start paying their fucking talent.

I would've loved to see the fight. Too bad the UFC screwed it up.

He isn't better than Jacare, didn't beat Weidman and lost to Shlemenko. Whittaker would put him out.

Nah, Aussie's are use to slaying way worst then Moose.

Back