Mousasi - never a scratch?

Machida used to average getting hit either once per round or once per fight (can't remember which, but it was a ufc leading stat at the time). Then he fought shogun.

What world class fighters are outside of the UFC? At 185/205?

Better question: Which world class fighters has Mousasi beaten?

I'll wait.

Jacare, Hunt and Lombard aren't world class?

Kyotaro and Musashi aren't world class kickboxers?

Dare I say it?
Because he's never fought in the UFC. He's a very talented guy and belongs at 185. He's fought a mixed bag that's gotten him little attention and progress: Mark Hunt, Goodridge, Babalu, Sokodjou, Manhoef, and most recently Kyle. When he ran into decent opponents in Jardine (I'm very daring this morning) and Lawal, it wasn't as easy. A completely gassed Lawal took Mousasi down at will with highly telegraphed, sloppy shoots. He'd be great addition to UFC 185's slowly growing list of fresh MW contenders.

Jacare, Hunt and Lombard aren't world class?

Kyotaro and Musashi aren't world class kickboxers?

As I alluded to, I like Mousasi and he's got ton of potential but aside from Jacare, his wins aren't very quality wins.

Hunt hasn't been stable until very recently in UFC--he was subbed by Yoshida, KO'd by a MW in Manhoef, he was a submission dummy--he's barely 0.500 overall. I love Hunt-o and he's an elite, world-class kickboxer but not elite mma fighter by the lowest standards.

Lombard was pretty green at the time. Lombard was fresh off a loss to Gono around that time! No disrespect to Gono.

Kyotaro and Musashi can be elite kickboxers and props to Mousasi for defeating such high class strikers but it was an mma fight and something as basic as a sloppy double-leg can defeat one-dimensional high-level strikers.

by Jones, ya.

by Rashad, he'll get taken down and touched.

his v Hendo would be very interesting. i think Mousasi gets him down and Shields' him (get a wrestler on his back).

Machida of course would be a match for the heavens.

that's about it. he'd get touched by Jones & Rashad.

Gustaffson would be very interesting as well.

Would love to see Machida vs Mousasi.

Might be the most technical fight in the history of MMA. Just Bleed dummies probably won't like it, but this is the stuff dreams are made of for those that appreciate technical skill.

Combination of excellent skills and relatively poor opponents (minus King Mo).

^^ anonyone who agrees to this is clearly talking out of their ass and probably just started watching mma ...

Years ago, Pride was on a way higher level then the UFC (remember how Fedor annihilated the UFC champ???). And Gergard was fighting and winning in Pride!

Just watch him against Gustafson (who isn't an easy opponent, but I am sure he will do well)

Back